radar1029

Do vehicles even exist in game anymore?

Just curious, does anyone have an actual running vehicle in DayZ anymore.  We've played countless hours and haven't come across a serviceable vehicle at all.

Yes they are in the game.

Matter of fact they spawn as complete cars i.e not missing any parts.

if you come across a broken down car that is not repairable it helps to purposely destroy it with a matchbox (temporary feature) so that they respawn after a server restart/reset.

• Like 1

How do you go about destroying it?  Just light a match?

1 hour ago, radar1029 said:

How do you go about destroying it?  Just light a match?

Yes, matchbox in hand, approach car and it will give you the option to destroy it (doesn't seem to work with buses).

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

35 minutes ago, nl said:

Yes, matchbox in hand, approach car and it will give you the option to destroy it (doesn't seem to work with buses).

The sweet spot is somewhere directly in the middle of the bus, try moving into the middle entrance and it should give you an option to destroy it. It's a bit finicky but i managed to do it.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

9 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

The sweet spot is somewhere directly in the middle of the bus, try moving into the middle entrance and it should give you an option to destroy it. It's a bit finicky but i managed to do it.

Ah good tip, I didn't know that.

DayZ in EarlyAccess is damn good at this - making people confused. 

I also was a bit frustrated not being able to find a vehicle, or at least drivable one for a long time.... But once ran into three V3S trucks in a very short period of time lol

But didn't find nor loot, nor interactions, nor any action... so just logged off. 

Till 63. 

We've tried playing on high pop servers as well and don't run into anyone.  Not sure what player count is actually on a "high pop" server.  One random firefight at the NW airstrip but nothing more in 40+ hours of recent play.

6 hours ago, radar1029 said:

We've tried playing on high pop servers as well and don't run into anyone.  Not sure what player count is actually on a "high pop" server.  One random firefight at the NW airstrip but nothing more in 40+ hours of recent play.

I keep hearing this from people, and I can only assume that you aren't looking in the right places.  It is extremely rare for me to fail to find a player on a full server.  Is there a chance that the servers you play on have some sort of meta that you aren't aware of, like PvP in Berezino, or some other such focus?
The vast majority of player interactions I have been having are along the northern highway from Svetlojarsk to the western evacuation roadblock.  Tisy and Kamensk bases are also good hotspots, and green mountain has a fair bit of activity in the area too, the central corridor from Vybor to Gorka is also pretty populated on this patch.

Maybe give The Village a try.  I have been having consistently good and frequent interactions while playing on this server.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, radar1029 said:

Try playing on the russian server called VK.com/bad-dayz. Best action I have come across recently, especially in severograd or stary/novy area.

With that said I don't get why people complain about there not being any interaction. Dayz is supposed to be an organic experience where chance would lead you to come across people.

Like EMU said only servers with some kind of Meta can immediately point you in the right direction so to speak. Me I know from personal experience where to find action on certain servers.

But i have to admit that some of my best dayz moments came from just exploring the unknown, of course i'm just speaking for myself.

I think only when modding support comes along is when this game will be able to cater to everybody's needs, seeing that everybody seems to have a different opinion on what the goal of the game should be.

Edited by Trnc84
  • Beans 1

I don't know that I'm necessarily looking for "action", but some of my favorite moments are the interaction between strangers.  That has been virtually non-existent for a while now.

My stashes are on very low pop public servers. When I'm servicing them I consistently run into people. Three weeks ago, somewhere near Sinistok, heard footsteps, there's a well geared guy virtually running next to me. Good job we were both friendly - he gave me an FNX. Two weeks ago shooting up some Z's in Tisy town from a distance on a two person server, I accidentally clipped the other player behind them (who was cool about it). Then I popped into the base only to find a player logging in at one of the barracks right in front of me. He started shooting, we killtraded. Last week at my extremely well hidden stash in the far north, complete darkness, login to hear the only other player on the server run past me - he/she must have been 5m from me.

Guess I'm just lucky/unlucky.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2017 at 10:20 PM, blackberrygoo said:

Games dead . Come back December 24th when we get .63 exp ! 

Lies

• Like 1