ukimpact

[ADD] AutoRun Hotkey ,

many people use macros for autorun or even quarters/pennys to autorun by placing the coin jamming the keys  

i think it be much better if we add a autorun , as dayz is a very long game with long times per session to loot and run everywhere at the end of a few hours my fingers actually start to hurt holding down shift and w everywhere 

is it against the rules to use a macro to run via mouse programs  or a external program like AHK ? 

i think the developers should add autorun it make for a better experience for players as most are just using pennys and quarters to run which is pretty much the same thing 

im betting its not just me that feels this way especially with the amount of views and comments on youtube on videos that tell you how to do it ., 

i have a steel series which allows me to add macro to the mouse , would i get banned by making a key on my mouse to let me Run automatically , 

im not sure the argument of not adding one if people are just using coins to jam the keys or other ways around it . 

Imagine: you can let your character run until he dies of exhaustion ... thanks autorun, the fastest way to the coast.

And....welcome to the forum.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Beans 1

It's available in Arma 3 Exile mods, but i barely used it, since u can craft quad/bicycle and there's totally no need.
Someone obviously gonna mod that, but i think even easier is just setup macro or something.

On 11/14/2017 at 11:59 AM, exacomvm said:

It's available in Arma 3 Exile mods, but i barely used it, since u can craft quad/bicycle and there's totally no need.
Someone obviously gonna mod that, but i think even easier is just setup macro or something.

can't craft quad or bicycle, and setting up macros is exactly what i don't want to have to do 

its easy . add a Autorun button not really hard . why i have to hold shift and W . 

My little finger has had enough no game should be painfull to play 

i didnt play today because i cant be bothered with the awkwardness of the controls . 

rather go back to exile i got arma and all the dlc . 

as for  stamina and people that think theres still no need is just stupid and clearly just throwing ideas out that they have not even seen

add a autorun or i wont play the game simple as that 

stupid thinking , use a macro or Pennys and quarters jammed in your keyboard rather than adding a simple option thats in most arma servers . 

i was stupid thinking this was a  Bohemia Interactive game ,. 

i Also blame the players , big difference in player base where people are just Anti everything although doing the Exact same thing using a Stupid Coin jammed in there Keys 

Edited by ukimpact
  • Confused 1

Autorun is a must.   There's no reason not to have this.  if you don't like the feature, don't use it.  If you need the feature b/c of a handicap, then it's a good idea.   Holding down Shift + w no stop just doesn't make sense to me.  If the maps were cod size maps, it does make sense not to have it.  

While I'd never use it myself, I am starting to leaning towards adding one, just so we don't have to see more requests for it :)

I have seen one serious point for it though, for people with medical conditions making it actually more painful to keep the buttons pressed constantly.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gobbokirk said:

While I'd never use it myself, I am starting to leaning towards adding one, just so we don't have to see more requests for it :)

I have seen one serious point for it though, for people with medical conditions making it actually more painful to keep the buttons pressed constantly.

correct when you hands and arms go numb after 15 minutes. We played enough games with countless hours of tendonitis issues. Sometimes distance pressing over vast areas will become useful.

2020 implemented maybe.

You realise that double tapping W makes you sprint? And instead of shift+w you can double press ctrl (isn't it?) to always run. I rebound my controls a little so can't remember the default.

But either of those you could get around your little finger being needed as much. In the past if I've had a long way to run I've used a small weight on the W to hold it down.

Edited by Richard III in Leicester

No, I don't think you would be banned at all for having a macro on your own mouse that does the same thing as could be done on keyboard. If you know what I mean. You're not getting any kind of unfair advantage. Just using a different button to do the same thing.

See there is no reason not to have a toggle for auto-run on/off, people will say, "But stamina", and I say, "If your too dumb to turn it off and die from exhaustion that's your fault, no one elses". Then the whole cycle begins with, "Early release", and "It's Alpha" and oh, "Didn't you read the warning", sort of responses.

Because you know, everyone wants to develop hand cramps or lodge a coin in their keyboard, when all they need is a hotkey to toggle it on/off, and when the stamina system comes in (Ages from now.) people can toggle it off freely.

In my personal experience with Exile, Overpoch, PUBG, and DayZ Standalone (all games which I've used autorun hotkeys in) it's kinda pointless, in Epoch/Exile it can be helpful because not too many people are in the middle of nowhere and most action happens in cities or airfields, in Standalone I get most of my action in the middle of the forest when I'm not expecting it. I've tried using autorun hotkeys in the past and they normally lead to death because I was so laid back and not paying attention, just letting my character run for miles.

I can see it now, "I set autorun and went to take a piss and came back and I'm dead!!!  Game sucks *&%$% you Bohemia!!!"

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Beans 3

This might be super controversial, but I like the convenience of autorun for short distances while I tab out to switch to a different video/song while playing and not wanting to stop moving.

• Haha 1

Meh i wouldnt use a auto run ( i dont run all that much as your to easy to spot) and with stamina coming in i think it may cause you a disaster , but cant see the harm in adding one in as there is alot of people who ask for it . Id say it be pretty easy to code in and wouldnt hurt the people who think its useless having one so why not just add it in.

12 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I think with mods it can be added if you can't play without it.

And they'll most likely remove stamina anyway

Edited by Guy Smiley

On 11/18/2017 at 12:03 AM, Guy Smiley said:

I can see it now, "I set autorun and went to take a piss and came back and I'm dead!!!  Game sucks *&%$% you Bohemia!!!"

Can start loot farming at the bottom of cliffs :)

• Haha 1