Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.142963

Hello, back again after...fucking ages. Decided I'd check out DayZ again after not playing it for a long, long time.

The problem I'm having with Stable .62 is that it's constantly crashing to the point of being unplayable. Blackscreening. Has anybody else been having this issue? If so, does anybody have any recommendations on how to solve it? I would really like to see what's changed (if anything meaningful) in the last X months. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Also, the avatar file size is a joke.

21 minutes ago, Rags! said:

Hello, back again after...fucking ages. Decided I'd check out DayZ again after not playing it for a long, long time.

The problem I'm having with Stable .62 is that it's constantly crashing to the point of being unplayable. Blackscreening. Has anybody else been having this issue? If so, does anybody have any recommendations on how to solve it? I would really like to see what's changed (if anything meaningful) in the last X months. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Also, the avatar file size is a joke.

If you are playing on a private hive server - try instead playing on a couple of the pubic official hive servers see if the same thing happens. If it does, run your antivirus 100% and then do the" filecheck and steam reinstall" - the routine check/reinstall from Steam. Also (maybe) don't mess with your avatar file?

9 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

If you are playing on a private hive server - try instead playing on a couple of the pubic official hive servers see if the same thing happens. If it does, run your antivirus 100% and then do the" filecheck and steam reinstall" - the routine check/reinstall from Steam. Also (maybe) don't mess with your avatar file?

Ehhhhhhh, looks like if I do all that, reverify, then play in x32 it works better. 

Edited by Rags!

Crashing solved, now the framerate is randomly dipping to the teens for some reason and staying there. 

Cool.

17 hours ago, Rags! said:

Crashing solved, now the framerate is randomly dipping to the teens for some reason and staying there. 

Cool.

Wow, I used to watch you when you made the "Why I KOS" video or something like that. I think that was back in 2016, but glad seeing that you are trying to get back into the game. Right now isn't too good of a time though because .63 is right around the corner which is going to make everybody relearn the game.

And I don't know about your FPS issue, I get that around certain areas of the map on a select amount of servers. Don't know what could be causing the issue.

Are you around Staroye, Chernogorsk, Myshkino, Svetlojarsk, or Lopatino while getting these frame rate drops?

23 hours ago, Rags! said:

Cool.

I find this situation very odd, if you are running a fresh install of the game try configuring your CFG files. Because uninstalling the game directly through steam will not remove the cfg edits made in previous versions

(I had my game since .59 with the same cfg and it still had older settings which were not supported anymore as well wasn't configured correctly)

If not, verify the integrity of your game cache.

6 hours ago, Ze-Krush said:

I find this situation very odd, if you are running a fresh install of the game try configuring your CFG files. Because uninstalling the game directly through steam will not remove the cfg edits made in previous versions

(I had my game since .59 with the same cfg and it still had older settings which were not supported anymore as well wasn't configured correctly)

If not, verify the integrity of your game cache.

I'm beyond caring anymore. Take a break for god knows how many months and come back, crash-fest. Crashing is back, can only play for about five minutes at a time if I'm lucky. Awesome game, guys.

I'll just wait for the Beta. I guess. The four year anniversary of this game being on Steam is in December. 

On 11/12/2017 at 3:38 AM, Rags! said:

I'm beyond caring anymore. Take a break for god knows how many months and come back, crash-fest. Crashing is back, can only play for about five minutes at a time if I'm lucky. Awesome game, guys.

I'll just wait for the Beta. I guess. The four year anniversary of this game being on Steam is in December. 

If you don't care, don't play. This salty bitterness on the forums isn't helping anyone.

Tense standoff
Li14hxy.jpg

Zmijovka Cap noticed Red Dress was running around without pants and gave him a spare pair of jeans... but Red Dress lacked pants because he had been knocked unconscious and stripped of his jeans ten minutes before. Red Dress found it very suspicious that Zmijovka just happened to be carrying an extra pair of black jeans...

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

Spawning in, plus poor connection. The absolute worst.

1EOyqMn.png