Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Can't click anything after closing DayZ

When I close DayZ (only DayZ !), I can't click anything in Steam or on the desktop. I need to open the task manager (ctrl+alt+del, just open and immediately close it) before I can click anything again. It isn't a great thing, but has anyone experienced something similar?

i think i had this problem once, but i think it wasn't directly related to DayZ, at least if i remember correctly.

i guess it is related to the steam ingame overlay, if you don't need it in DayZ, try to disable it and see what happens.

7 hours ago, roguetrooper said:

I need to open the task manager (ctrl+alt+del, just open and immediately close it)

I had similar problems in an earlier iteration when dayz used to crash when closed, but I haven't seen that in quite a while. As  @HaseDesTodes  said the steam overlay thing has caused problems with some players in the past, disable it temporarily and see if the problem persists.  If you have a different overlay going try disabling that temporarily too.  With the ctrl-alt-del thing it sounds like another app might be stealing focus.  You've probably tried alt-tabbing but give shift-tabbing a try too.

I have this problem with most steam games and I do believe it's the overlay.

The only thing that will restore my desktop reliably is to log off Windows from the start button and log back in.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣