philbur

General opionion on CLE densities

Just wondering how you guys feel about the current concentrations of commonly used gear in the major cities.

In order of highest level of "useful gear" for, let's say, a New Spawn...

Cherno, Elektro, Solnichniy, Svetlo, Berezino, Zeleno, Stary Sobor, Severeograd, Novodimitrovsk.

If weapons are left out of the equation it seems like Novo is the best place to "survive"...but what do you guys think?

Thanks!

To be honest, I don't loot the big cities where I spawn in, only a few houses to get myself started. I try to move as fast as possible inland.

Still, my opinion is that there shouldn't be too much loot on the coast because it will bring back the coastal warfare and inland will be pretty much empty again.

It depends on what Loot we need in the future. (for example for base building). At the moment, the coastal loot is not of great importance, as many mechanics of the game are still missing. (What it's NOW in the game is true, big cities are not interesting on the quality and benefits of the loot, as opposed to the danger you risk.)

Its kind of annoying to use big cities to loot because each of those big buildings often have only one item now, if that. Takes the fun out of it and also makes those areas feel useless and unsatisfying, like the big ship wreck. Cherno, with all 3 sub-cities should have a big left over military presence just to make the area more useable IMO. Maybe it would be a good idea to have bigger industrial buildings have an area with a lot of loot in one place, or a chance of it, otherwise its a lot of running around for nothing. Its hard for me to do that over and over and still feel good about it. A little more loot would go a long way to helping me get in the mood for exploring places ive already been and trying to find new things about those places. .63 is going to bring a lot of changes in this area from the sounds of it.

Edited by libertine

Thanks guys, and I share your feelings about loot quantity in the big cities while I never considered the additional requirement for building materials....interesting.

I would ideally like to see a "proper" representation of loot availability in the big cities for the same reasons...it would make them viable places to not only pass through quickly, but also places where survivors can hold up, make bases, and generally survive either as a lone wolf or as a team.

I am going to start a new character today and see just how hard it is to make a life for myself in the existing CLE within one of the big four. Probably Cherno just because I love the weather effects when the fog settles in.

But the fat that I will still need to venture out for hunting, ammo, and some decent clothing might make it "interesting" enough to keep me going.

To the point about military loot, though, I'm not sure if having it available in these cities is all that realistic because the civilian population would have mostly picked it clean when the evacuation orders came down, in my opinion...and it would draw the players down into the areas for all the "wrong" reasons. (PVP, New Spawn Bandits, KOS).

Maybe adding a  proper military PORT on the coast, up near Berezino would allow the players to risk their character and yet still make it inland with something better than a crowbar? There would be ample vehicle parts and tools so trading with the Northern dwellers for ammo and meat would be part of it as well.

Cant wait to see this stuff, guys...the Modders are going to make some good money off us! ;-p

6 hours ago, philbur said:

I am going to start a new character today and see just how hard it is to make a life for myself in the existing CLE within one of the big four. Probably Cherno just because I love the weather effects when the fog settles in.

But the fat that I will still need to venture out for hunting, ammo, and some decent clothing might make it "interesting" enough to keep me going.

i have this tested:  1 Hour Running on Chernogorks (Center of Town).

I start as MEGA-FRESHY in the Container Area @19:43 (darkgreen Energized and hydrated) .  I search stuff insider the Blue area from the Picture (max. 30-50% from the buildings search inside)

After my Circle of Loot in Stopped on the Container Area (Startpoint), in this Time i never something eat, only drink at the wells.

rSE3r5V.jpg

at the Start:

BD8D6240E94A1E6610ACD5F46B25BDBD64C5C3D1

1 Houres later at the same Point.

9ECEA172EAD1E2F7F99C5FE6F3AC04DEC87A0BDA

... i need a tent or 2-3 Barrels .....

• Like 2