Puffy420blazeit

Arma 2 DayZ Mod vs DayZ: when will we be there?

I haven't played standalone at all due to a serious lack of content compared to the mod. From your point of view, do you think the game lives up to the bar set by it's predecessor? I want to play it, but it feels like an empty shell of the once vibrant community. 

with some hoping I'd say end of 2018...
with some good old calculation I'd say... nobody knows

went from 1 patch 1.5 months down to about 1 (full) patch a year 
(yes folks its ALL in the patch notes)

but my guess is BETA (0.63) somewhere in november 

0.61 too 0.62 took 6 months (with patches/fixes etc. in between)

for full notes I'd say check here... and make your own educated guess on how long this game is going to take to complete ;)

https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog

I hadnt played standalone basically since it was released, and the mod since a day before the standalone... but taking a break from arma 3.. and i think Dayz SA is a lot more playable than it was. im enjoying it... well the fact that yer character is a lil piggy and will literally die if hes not stuffing his face 24/7 and every bit as bad for thirst is a weeee bit annoying... actually this is tedious as all hell! But im enjoying it still... With the low loot and no loot respawn, obviously means if you want to survive, it is in your interests to eliminate as much as the competition for the limited resources as humanly possible. Tis still all good.

i loved the mod, but couldnt go back to arma2 from 3. there was one very good mod o this ilk  on arma3, but sadly it has died off a bit while its developers are pursuing a SA.

You can respwn other loot by taking it out of its spawn point ive noticed. I like hanging out in Cherno so i decided to try and use the only two military tents there to gear up, but unfortunately those tents only span low level stuff. That ive experienced anyway.

Edited by libertine
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, libertine said:

You can respwn other loot by taking it out of its spawn point ive noticed. I like hanging out in Cherno so i decided to try and use the only two military tents there to gear up, but unfortunately those tents only span low level stuff. That ive experienced anyway.

Well your recycling loot. Then the system respawns in the area. It may not hit that area, since there are many other looted areas. So if i was the only one on the server (my own) we have 1000's of spawn points. If we had all points in the map spawn loot at the same time, we could have a 10 second lag delay, or one very large packet hit you.

So take the loot out 10-15 feet or so, throw it down, go to another spot and within i think it was 5 minutes it respawns or has a chance to respawn. Loot tables vary depending on the area. One random higher end loot may spawn there. Maybe .00001 chance type thing. Not all locations can spawn if more areas are looted. I believe it only fills so many at a time.

Go to the ammo areas, clean all loot out onto the roads. Run away 500-1500m within 5 minutes it will respawn.

if multi people on the server doing the same it may not all refresh in your area with lots of ammo.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Well your recycling loot. Then the system respawns in the area. It may not hit that area, since there are many other looted areas. So if i was the only one on the server (my own) we have 1000's of spawn points. If we had all points in the map spawn loot at the same time, we could have a 10 second lag delay, or one very large packet hit you.

So take the loot out 10-15 feet or so, throw it down, go to another spot and within i think it was 5 minutes it respawns or has a chance to respawn. Loot tables vary depending on the area. One random higher end loot may spawn there. Maybe .00001 chance type thing. Not all locations can spawn if more areas are looted. I believe it only fills so many at a time.

Go to the ammo areas, clean all loot out onto the roads. Run away 500-1500m within 5 minutes it will respawn.

if multi people on the server doing the same it may not all refresh in your area with lots of ammo.

Loot threshold checks are done every 5 seconds. And as a side-note, there are currently over 1 million potential spots for loot (not all of them have loot), which is going to be reduced to around 130k with a new spawn method.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 2

On 10/31/2017 at 10:24 AM, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

And as a side-note, there are currently over 1 million potential spots for loot (not all of them have loot), which is going to be reduced to around 130k with a new spawn method.

This is also pretty disappointing.  Looking at this picture of the new spawn methods, I am really annoyed at the fact that only 3 of the 5 shelves will ever have loot on them.  There will never be loot on top of the lockers, never under the desks, only inside one of those knocked over boxes on the floor.  It reminds me of going to old buildings in the mod and looking in the same 3 corners for the spots the loot will spawn. 

yqOrXuV.jpg

I can remember Dean talking about how cool it would be to have to go into buildings and actually look behind chairs and under things to spot the loot because it could be anywhere. 

Its seems right in line with changing zombie spawn mechanics in the name of server performance.  Somehow they've got this new Enfusion engine that runs great for the client, but they're having to roll back cool new server-side changes to squeeze out more performance. Was Dean simply dreaming too big with no regard for hardware realities?

Right now we're spawning about 3,000 zombies, but I expect this number to increase dramatically as we move forward with development.

Edited by klesh
added videos
  • Beans 1

On 10/29/2017 at 7:39 AM, Puffy420blazeit said:

a serious lack of content compared to the mod.

What content do you find seriously lacking?

4 hours ago, klesh said:

This is also pretty disappointing.  Looking at this picture of the new spawn methods, I am really annoyed at the fact that only 3 of the 5 shelves will ever have loot on them.  There will never be loot on top of the lockers, never under the desks, only inside one of those knocked over boxes on the floor.  It reminds me of going to old buildings in the mod and looking in the same 3 corners for the spots the loot will spawn.

Not everybody likes to know how the sausage is made. c:

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

14 minutes ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

Its more like being told the new sausage is going to have natural, organic, delicious ingredients, and then finding out that's all rolled back to pig noses and hooves because it costs too much.  :/

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

Everyone knows they come from sausage trees... My mom said so!

• Like 1

061993c3-27d7-3376-828e-fed5270723fc

And remember, the devs can still hide the mother's sausages until we can not find them anymore.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, klesh said:

Was Dean simply dreaming too big with no regard for hardware realities?

He was probably right on point with his goal to have drastically better randomization of loot spans...but probably in the context of only having to work on the architecture that governs that side of the sever\client development...

And then the Beans hit the fan with the engine re-write...and for now there is simply too much to be done on basic bandwidth limitations for the current team to worry about this extra level of net traffic. (?)

I would play the Mod again if I could get over the lousy Zombi mechanics and over the top PVP...

The SA is different enough that it has my undivided attention, though.

• Beans 1