Sign in to follow this  
Jock McScottish

For people that say the coast is dead now...

For some strange reason, I always enjoyed visiting Kamenka as a fresh spawn in the mod days, Supposedly it should be easier than ever to take a hike there now, due to all the action being at the north end of the map. However, any time I play on a high pop server, the closer I get to Kamenka the crazier it gets, and I hardly ever reach my final destination! I play as the eternal loner, and I am usually hunted down just before I get there. IMO the south coast is even more dangerous than the mod days! People who complain about lack of player interaction, try doing the south coast run as a freshie on a high pop server, that's where the scummiest of dayz players reside!

Its usually empty when i go south, except for today. I lit a fire on top of the Cherno high center building and then threw a flashbang to say hello and shortly after it went completely nuts with people including a group of 4 trying to track me down.

Edited by libertine
  • Like 1

its because of the missing of higher goals ...after looting around for hours/days on a server, the most people going for pvp...for them the only alternative "at the moment" is to practice weapon handling and shooting at other people. the survival aspect of dayz is at a very low level yet. every one can find enough food, clothes, medicin.., so there is no challenge for the experienced player.

other game mods are missing, like server missions (for solo and/or group players).

dayz modifications can bring new gamestyles to those players. this means in future there will be more action then only bambi killing on the coast for equiped players. missions should bring back the players to the rare visited locations on chernarus+ away from NWAF or Tisy milbase and so on. we can expect significant improvements through mods.

I would like to agree, but there's still not a group of 7 freshies running frantically around Cherno police station

• Like 1

lol :)

play arma 3 exile or exileZ and u know what i mean on missions

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:02 AM, libertine said:

Its usually empty when i go south, except for today. I lit a fire on top of the Cherno high center building and then threw a flashbang to say hello and shortly after it went completely nuts with people including a group of 4 trying to track me down.

Not sure if you are taking the piss or not, but IMO the south coast on a high pop public server is the highway to hell!

The whole map is dead. Depend on luck though. DayZ overall is quite dead. Thats why we are waiting for BETA so much.

Edited by Mantasisg