Sign in to follow this  
Trnc84

Reduced sun glare by wearing sunglasses

I already mentioned this once in a status report thread but I thought I would post it here as an official suggestion.

We've all experienced it, your're running right into the direction of the sun and you literally can't see anything.

How cool would it be if wearing a pair of sunglasses would reduce this glare, giving sunglasses actual value in the game, and of course give you and advantage over someone who is not wearing a pair.

The sunglasses would give your surroundings a slight coloration due to the colored lenses,(and also serve as a reminder to you that your character is wearing sunglasses)

What do you guys think?

Edited by Trnc84
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

How would this work in third person?

I'm indifferent about the idea, but I would suspect it would work the same way the screen going gray when you lose blood does.  The camera is essentially your "eyes".

31 minutes ago, sanguine00 said:

I'm indifferent about the idea, but I would suspect it would work the same way the screen going gray when you lose blood does.  The camera is essentially your "eyes".

I don't think it should even work in 3rd person.  Scopes and sights are the same way.  How it simulates the shading is another issue.

10 hours ago, sanguine00 said:

Yes this is exactly how I would imagine it working.

Also nightvision goggles are planned for later release and I suppose they will have to work in a similar manner, basically working in 1pp and 3pp.

they should first make the experience of the night better. in the night, only the headlamp or the flashlight is useful. The torch and the gas lamp just too much when you carry them in your hands. Whether in 1pp (very pity the blinding light) or 3pp ... it stings in the eyes. Why can not the lamp or torch be held sideways.

To the glasses: the effect should only really effect in 1pp, in 3pp it looks strange.

@DannyDog YES, Or a little bit higher.

csm_b948a423-ca86-45d4-8833-d054e4b6ea47

Edited by Sqeezorz

1 hour ago, DannyDog said:

@Sqeezorz Or how about something more colorful?

source.gif

Wow, that would be an effective technique against riot police.. I mean you know jus sayinn..