libertine

I found the loot! -massive loot camp

Every time I see a thread with a name like this I always check if it isn't our camp. Guess it's still safe, haven't checked for a while haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Every time I see a thread with a name like this I always check if it isn't our camp. Guess it's still safe, haven't checked for a while haha.

Lol,

and after 20sec. video you say: no, it is not our camp, it is much too small.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Lol,

and after 20sec. video you say: no, it is not our camp, it is much too small.

Exactly haha.

• Like 1

I found a camp like this once, near Berizino. I went through it all, took what I could use and then emptied all the tents/barrels, broke down all the tents and left the piles of stuff there.

6 hours ago, comikz said:

I found a camp like this once, near Berizino. I went through it all, took what I could use and then emptied all the tents/barrels, broke down all the tents and left the piles of stuff there.

I like the way you work ;)    

Another survivor who plays to get loot instead of getting loot in order to play. 

You should replace all of the food with the book "hunger"

On 10/24/2017 at 1:39 AM, IMT said:

That server went offline a few weeks ago...

• Haha 1

The only loot stash I ever found was a barrel in a random bush. Happened to be in my inventory while I was running through the woods and I saw it flash up in the proximity window. Was really well hidden, I never would have spotted it. Was stuffed with ammo and guns.

Besides that, nada. I'd love to find a tent city but it never happens. I am bad.

On 12/20/2017 at 5:27 AM, BeefBacon said:

The only loot stash I ever found was a barrel in a random bush. Happened to be in my inventory while I was running through the woods and I saw it flash up in the proximity window. Was really well hidden, I never would have spotted it. Was stuffed with ammo and guns.

Besides that, nada. I'd love to find a tent city but it never happens. I am bad.

lol, don't worry, you're not the only one like that, i've never found anything else myself either. tent city would be way too good for https://neotires.com

Edited by Prost1981

On 12/19/2017 at 9:08 PM, Parazight said:

Another survivor who plays to get loot instead of getting loot in order to play. 

You should replace all of the food with the book "hunger"

and when did anyone say your way of playing was law?   Honestly shouldn't matter how anyone plays, it's their keyboard and mouse, not yours

3 hours ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

and when did anyone say your way of playing was law?   Honestly shouldn't matter how anyone plays, it's their keyboard and mouse, not yours

lol.  yea.  I said how I play and that IT'S THE LAW!!!!!!!!

Noobs chase the shinies.  Pros play to enjoy the experience.  That's the general consensus across MMOs of all varieties, including this one. 

I bet you get upset when you die, huh, cuz you lost all of your stuff.  It's also pretty obvious to anyone that's played for any significant amount of time that knowledge of the game is leaps and bounds more valuable than the things you're going to eventually lose anyway.

What determines the number of endorphin molecules that are generated from doing an activity is WAY more complex than just "pro" vs "newb". All your life experiences factor in, like how much hiking or camping you've done in your life and how enjoyable that experience was, maybe it was miserable, maybe it was the best time of your life. Theres only so much improvement in someones enjoyment for an activity you can make simply by telling them they should like it more. You CAN give them information to help them see something from a new perspective, but you have to figure out what that info is. I think memory plays a part with how fast each person tired somebody gets of a repetitive experience too, such as wandering the landscape in DayZ. I have a pretty bad memory and i've watched some movies over 20 times and still enjoy them. I believe i am able to forget some of the experience so it become fresh again quicker. So some with a better memory all the way to up to having a almost perfect memory simply don't forget what they've seen and when they think about an experience they recall the entire thing and there is then less of a point to loading in a disc and watching it because they simply have it in their memory. So from that, which is based on that, i suspect people with better memories *tend* to get tired of doing the same thing repeatedly. And i am definitely a loot driven, or goal driven person in DayZ, thats after about 1500 combined hours i guess for SA and the mod.

Edited by libertine

Exactly.  Ignorance really is bliss, unfortunately everyone isn't blessed with having such a thing.

I don't know if you agreed with all of that, then were making a closing statement about Dayz, or you interpreted all of that as a statement about memory and ignorance.That example was just meant to be one of potentially thousands of factors going into determining someones enjoyment of a aspect of DayZ.

6 hours ago, Parazight said:

Exactly.  Ignorance really is bliss, unfortunately everyone isn't blessed with having such a thing.

9 hours ago, Parazight said:

lol.  yea.  I said how I play and that IT'S THE LAW!!!!!!!!

Noobs chase the shinies.  Pros play to enjoy the experience.  That's the general consensus across MMOs of all varieties, including this one. 

I bet you get upset when you die, huh, cuz you lost all of your stuff.  It's also pretty obvious to anyone that's played for any significant amount of time that knowledge of the game is leaps and bounds more valuable than the things you're going to eventually lose anyway.

Can you hear yourself?

How are you contributing to anything other than your own inflated ego? You chose your name wisely.

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, libertine said:

I don't know if you agreed with all of that, then were making a closing statement about Dayz, or you interpreted all of that as a statement about memory and ignorance.That example was just meant to be one of potentially thousands of factors going into determining someones enjoyment of a aspect of DayZ.

You play how you wanna play man. These guys have zero say in what you enjoy, and the merits therein.

• Beans 2

9 hours ago, libertine said:

What determines the number of endorphin molecules that are generated from doing an activity is WAY more complex than just "pro" vs "newb". All your life experiences factor in, like how much hiking or camping you've done in your life and how enjoyable that experience was, maybe it was miserable, maybe it was the best time of your life. Theres only so much improvement in someones enjoyment for an activity you can make simply by telling them they should like it more. You CAN give them information to help them see something from a new perspective, but you have to figure out what that info is. I think memory plays a part with how fast each person tired somebody gets of a repetitive experience too, such as wandering the landscape in DayZ. I have a pretty bad memory and i've watched some movies over 20 times and still enjoy them. I believe i am able to forget some of the experience so it become fresh again quicker. So some with a better memory all the way to up to having a almost perfect memory simply don't forget what they've seen and when they think about an experience they recall the entire thing and there is then less of a point to loading in a disc and watching it because they simply have it in their memory. So from that, which is based on that, i suspect people with better memories *tend* to get tired of doing the same thing repeatedly. And i am definitely a loot driven, or goal driven person in DayZ, thats after about 1500 combined hours i guess for SA and the mod.

Do not pass "Go".. Move straight to Zen, dude

11 hours ago, Parazight said:

I'm ignorant & blissful - wow! whazhappnin ?? 
Did anyone turn off the loot-dupe glitch on the un-official servers yet ?
Most I go on have a couple or three of camps of 10+ tents full of the same high-tech gear repeated,  plus maybe half a a dozen scruffy redneck survivors like me scattered across the map eating apples and deer solo and gettin nekked at the campfire in rainstorms..
[p.s. - while i'm here - can we please use a STONE to sharpen and hone a spade or an entrenching tool so we can cut folks HEADS off with it.. ya know.. like in real life..]
love ya all xx P

And a WHOLE cold country without sheets pillows, bedcovers & NOT ONE SINGLE BLANKET effing anywhere AT ALL is just totally weird.. 
= really =

• Beans 1

Sure, go ahead and play to get loot.  Don't get loot in order to play!  I honestly don't care.  I'm just trying to help here while commenting in a disheartened way.  Playing to loot is a pretty terrible way to go about it, IMO, mostly because at the end of the road, it's a disappointing destination.  (Something here about material possessions.)  It's like going to work to earn money - because you like the way it feels in your hand, not because it enables you to do the things that you like to do. 

When you see the marketing done by BI, are you watching videos of developers going around chernarus showing off all of the AWESOME LEWTS that they found?  Or maybe, just maybe, they are touting the great player experiences they're trying to provide?  The game's longevity and health are dependent moreso on player interaction, not the silly things that you pick up around the world. 

Or perhaps you've been watching player-made videos that come out regularly?  You know, all those popular videos of noobs running around finding things.  Oh, wait.  Those are videos of player interaction, not loot finding, what was I thinking.  /rolleyes    Or maybe the popular streamers that get all their fans because people want to watch them run around for hours looting ammo.  Exciting.

Perhaps if you're always forgetting things, then your experiences aren't actually memorable.  Maybe they're forgettable for a reason.  Maybe that's a sign you're doing it wrong!

I've read several of your posts, libertine. You seem like a smart guy.  It would be a shame to lose a DayZ fan, and quality forum poster, to something so trivial over the happenings of loot.  It's happened before.

Of course I can't tell you what is or isn't fun for you.  All I can do is encourage you to take the approach of sucking the marrow out of life, to play the game and maximize your fun.  Get loot to have fun, because just getting loot isn't really all that fun.  It's really self-evident.  Millions of gamers, over several decades, and bunches of genres, can't be wrong.

@Baker. That was a fantastic troll, dood.  Inflated ego.  I love it.  beans to you.

Loot is love.  Loot is life. Loot is the light at the end of the tunnel.  And the tunnel itself is made of loot.

• Haha 1

and it goes even further:

Loot is your death ... without loot you will die.

You die because you are looking for loot. You will die because you have loot. 95% * of all deaths in DayZ have the reason in the loot.

Loot is the air, the light, the heat and our food.

(* the remaining 5% of the deaths go to the account of bugs / zombies / wolves ..... who meet us when we LOOT search ^^).

• Like 1