Sign in to follow this  
SeizLex

Too loud wind.

Hello! When .62 patch coming on exp. brach,I did not like this wind from the beginning, it was annoying and very loud. What do you think? I remember when in .61 patch the wind was not so loud and was not constant, and it was very cool and atmospheric, not as it is now. Now when this loud wind begins, irritation begins. 

I agree mostly, and sometimes it sounds more like a jet plane than wind... Especially around the edges of the map at the debug fields. Also even with strong winds the trees bend way too much and seem to be made of rubber. But I assume this will be fixed in the future, maybe already in beta.

The only thing that bothers me about the wind is the howling and not the leaf rustling. The leaf rustling is great, sounds just like what you'd expect on a windy day though the downside is it's not positional.

If the howling could be removed and made positional to play on nearby buildings (wind blowing through windows) or rocks then that would also be great.

Otherwise in your video example it doesn't sound like a jet plane UNLESS you're talking about the howling.

4 hours ago, libertine said:

are you sure your soundcard or windows isn't set to normalize sound volume?

Yes,i pretty sure what this is not soundcard or something. This is too loud and not realistic volume of wind.

I kind of like like the cold gale force wind sound. Reminds me of how weak my character is if I don't keep him fed & warm.

If you look at how violently the tress are whipping around, that sounds like an appropriate level of wind.  It sounds windy but not overly so, to me.

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:10 AM, Jock McScottish said:

I kind of like like the cold gale force wind sound. Reminds me of how weak my character is if I don't keep him fed & warm.

I agree, and for me it was one of the immersive things abut .62.

It is a bit OTT at the map edges though.

On 10/23/2017 at 2:50 AM, SeizLex said:

Yes,i pretty sure what this is not soundcard or something. This is too loud and not realistic volume of wind.

Huh, it sounds fine to me wearing headphones. I recently learned that if i set my X-fi Auzentech sound card to certain modes (and i think headphones as my), and play it through my normal speakers, it will emphasize the highest sounds way too loud while i can't hear the mid/low volume sounds barely. Since my headphones are always plugged in, i have been having this problem for years not knowing it was a setting rather than the source. Not sure if thats related to your problem, but just putting it out there in case it helps troubleshoot.

@green_mtn_grandbob I definitely don't experience this.

Edited by libertine

45 minutes ago, libertine said:

Huh, it sounds fine to me wearing headphones. I recently learned that if i set my X-fi Auzentech sound card to certain modes (and i think headphones as my), and play it through my normal speakers, it will emphasize the highest sounds way too loud while i can't hear the mid/low volume sounds barely. Since my headphones are always plugged in, i have been having this problem for years not knowing it was a setting rather than the source. Not sure if thats related to your problem, but just putting it out there in case it helps troubleshoot.

@green_mtn_grandbob I definitely don't experience this.

Yeah I also listened the youtube videos and I don't experience too loud wind. Especially when you compare the bird and breathing sound, the wind sound is pretty mild.

It's pretty interesting that OP says there's a problem, because usually recorded video sounds like what the user has experienced. Maybe soundcard/heaphones don't like those kind of sounds? Or just a bad driver? I'd really suggest plug in speakers or some other sound equipment and listen if it sounds the same with that. Preferably with a different soundcard if possible.

What sound equipment @SeizLex you've?

Edited by St. Jimmy

2 hours ago, St. Jimmy said:

Yeah I also listened the youtube videos and I don't experience too loud wind. Especially when you compare the bird and breathing sound, the wind sound is pretty mild.

It's pretty interesting that OP says there's a problem, because usually recorded video sounds like what the user has experienced. Maybe soundcard/heaphones don't like those kind of sounds? Or just a bad driver? I'd really suggest plug in speakers or some other sound equipment and listen if it sounds the same with that. Preferably with a different soundcard if possible.

What sound equipment @SeizLex you've?

I have a headphones A4TECH BLOODY G500. GUYS! This it's not about the headphones or equipment, but the thing is in the wind, I had everything in order with the sound, and so far everything is fine, but the sound of the wind is too loud and constant, because of that it's terrible. Wind in .61 and .60 patches was really better. Because it's wasn't constant.The wind is constantly blowing, it's not realistic at all.

1 hour ago, SeizLex said:

Because it's wasn't constant.The wind is constantly blowing, it's not realistic at all.

maybe we can make these things soon ... then makes sense a lot  of wind .. infinite energy.

Foto_FAQ.jpg

7 hours ago, SeizLex said:

... but the sound of the wind is too loud and constant, because of that it's terrible. Wind in .61 and .60 patches was really better. Because it's wasn't constant.The wind is constantly blowing, it's not realistic at all.

You forgot to add the part about how this is all simply your opinion.

Is the trees constantly moving realistic?  They wouldn't be swaying in the breeze if there was no breeze.

On 10/25/2017 at 1:49 PM, SeizLex said:

but the sound of the wind is too loud and constant, because of that it's terrible.

Wind constantly blowing is realistic the the day is very windy. The wind parameters are likely set up close to the max now and it's likely not set up to change much from that.

Is your feedback about wind constantly blowing too hard, which is likely set-up that way for testing purposes, so you can hear the wind more and see the trees bend, or that the sound is just too loud? Because those two are very different things.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Just fired up the game recently to hear this loud wind, nothing out of the ordinary.  When the wind picked up, it blew and was loud, when it wasn't too windy, I could barely hear it blowing.