Pliskinki

New player controller should have right & left hand slots.

Putting it simple, with the new player controller we should have two actual hands.

One handed items should occupy a hand of choice and two-handed items should, well... occupy the two hands you have.

Image the possibilities. In the future we could have shields and short-sword/hatchet warriors, people using riot shields and pistols to breach buildings, it would be insanely cool and I have no record of a single game that has a feature like this (where the character actually has two hands). I can only think of Halo which had dual wielding one handed guns, but it is an offline super arcady game, so there is no way to compare it to the massive mp game that is DayZ.

I'm fully aware that a feature like this would take an insaaaane amount of time to implement since the game wasn't build to have this, even now with the new technology, engine, etc... I haven't seen a single question or talk about this in the Q&A's, nothing, and it is something massive for a game like DayZ with so many possibilities! I really feel like if this was implemented, it would be another strong point of DayZ, even if beta took a little longer to become real.

I've been feeling that the beta update was missing something for a long time since the begin of talks over it, then the epiphany came to my head a while ago... "It is the two hands thing!"

Also, right now as example, flash lights can't really be used well, I mean, why would you carry one if you can't equip it with other stuff like a knife, or a pistol. It is almost pointless as it is, there are lots of reasons as to why we should be able to carry two one handed items, one in each hand. I will leave this to you guys tho.

• Like 3

This suggestion had already been made, but it was on the way of 2 pistols in the hands. I see this feature only as meaningful, if one can hold an active and a passive item in the hands. (already only because of the control). How this is built and is already somewhat more difficult. Because at the moment are all active items. You can beat a player with EVERY ITEM. On what I want to point out is that the items would then have to have a priority-worth (much work) or simply change from active to passive.

So that it is not too complex to program it needs a double-hand slot so we know now, divided into 2 sections rights hand and left hand. (It should be that the right hand is the active and the left hand is the passive, which means you can only use items in the right slot).

Now comes the point with the Quickbar buttons. 2 hand items can be dragged directly into the Quickbar. In the case of one hand items, you must now drag them over the handslot into the Quickbar to give an assignment.

so it is left to the player what he uses as. As an example, you can wear a torch or chemlight in LH, and a knife / gun or a stone as a weapon in the RH  (double assignment with active items [weapons | pistols] is senseless). Active is so only the RH.

It could even help with crafting. You can take a rag and a stick directly into your hands and create something new without touching the ground.

Still, I feel that all this sounds a lot easier than it really is.

It is pretty complex when we think about it, I think we should have like, main-hand and off-hand.

Every item we use right now, instantly goes into main-hand, then we can drag stuff to our off-hand manually, after we did this, the game should decide what to do with said combination, say we have a pistol and a knife... Dev's said that they plan to add melee combat to guns, like hitting zombies with the butt of our gun, instead of doing this, if we have a knife equipped, the game should then swing the knife whenever we use the melee button.

There are many other applications, say we have a sword, and a shield. We press the fire button, then swing the sword. We press the melee button (for that melee x gun system), we raise our shield.

Since they are doing that crazy middle mouse button usage for aiming, there are space on the mouse for more double handed actions. It will be surely weird in the beginning but we can adapt, can't we?

• Like 1

are the choice between going two handed on some weapons. Like UZI and Pistol! 

we will take pistol as an example!

You can either shoot pistol with both hands increasing accuracy and decreasing recoil but decreasing agility.

On the other go gangster style and less accuracy more recoil BUT WAY MORE AGILITY

Should be able to do the same with UZI and other cool SPECEFIC weapons. 

shouldnt be able to do this with rifles ofc.

1904infaimpistol.jpg                                handgun_body_position_two-handed_weaver.

11 hours ago, Bunk_3r said:

are the choice between going two handed on some weapons. Like UZI and Pistol!

The way I see it, if you don't have any other item equipped on the off-hand slot, then the character will act the same way as it is now, two handing the item placed on the main-hand.

So, if you want to two hand a pistol for example, just doesn't equip anything on the off-hand.

The problem with this is that we can't go full gangstah like the revolver guy, using anything else on the off-hand. Since to wield one handed pistol, you would need to have something else in the off-hand slot.

This has been discussed in the past, I wonder if we would see it one day. I think its a cool enough idea, dual pistols seems gimmicky but would still be pretty wild if it was possible to do it 

• Like 1