Kemal Daniel Bulkat

v3s weirdest thing ever ...

Hey

So I got a v3s recently and the thing is I was driving it fine but now there is a regular road not even dirt, it is asphalt so I stopped on this road to see the map and now I can't go faster than 7 miles (1st gear) when I change to 2nd gear from max speed of 1st gear with tubo (7-8 miles) it just stops. I don't understand what to do. There is no way I can climb this hill with 7 miles an hour ... please someone help

I just have had luck to find a V3S a week ago, at devils castle.

Noticed tons of "bad stuff" immediately.

1. Got stuck in the way out of devils castle. And then couldn't jump out. Had to relog. Relogged right by the side of thew car. It was stuck because wheels had to be fixed. Fixed them and got out.
2. For some reason the car was stuttering heavily, I suppose network stuff. IIRIC fps were ok.
3. Same problem as yours. The car was performing really badly. Physics are so bad, that even torque charracteristics are messed up. 1st, 2nd and third gears works like you would be pushing other V3S with brakes applied. However on 4th gear it is starting to slowly pick up the momentum, I have reached good speed. Then. But while trying to climb the hill on gravel road I have to suffer a snail pace on 3rd gear, because 4th didn't provide enough torque IIRIC. It was quite bad overall.
4. Drove to Pustochka, and found another V3S, decided to go through it, and found out that collision system is also BS. Feels more like hitting a tank, than other V3S.
5. Ditched the car later. And found exactly nothing at Tent City, which is more like "tent village" now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

I just have had luck to find a V3S a week ago, at devils castle.

Noticed tons of "bad stuff" immediately.

1. Got stuck in the way out of devils castle. And then couldn't jump out. Had to relog. Relogged right by the side of thew car. It was stuck because wheels had to be fixed. Fixed them and got out.
2. For some reason the car was stuttering heavily, I suppose network stuff. IIRIC fps were ok.
3. Same problem as yours. The car was performing really badly. Physics are so bad, that even torque charracteristics are messed up. 1st, 2nd and third gears works like you would be pushing other V3S with brakes applied. However on 4th gear it is starting to slowly pick up the momentum, I have reached good speed. Then. But while trying to climb the hill on gravel road I have to suffer a snail pace on 3rd gear, because 4th didn't provide enough torque IIRIC. It was quite bad overall.
4. Drove to Pustochka, and found another V3S, decided to go through it, and found out that collision system is also BS. Feels more like hitting a tank, than other V3S.
5. Ditched the car later. And found exactly nothing at Tent City, which is more like "tent village" now.

So is this some kind of bug that I can't drive on 2nd 3nd and 4nd gears on a slight hill. It stuck on 1st gear when I change to 2nd it just stops this v3s is useless and waste of time. I better run lol, there is no point of driving with 7 miles I run like 20 miles an hour I guess :D

Edited by Kemal Daniel Bulkat

Yes, I think it might be combination of bugs and just bad physics of the vehicle. 

You really can not get it going till you reach the momentum. I remember, maybe a year ago, maybe less, found some friends next to berezino they had a sedan, The Volga, by the side of the road, and we couldn't get it out of the grass. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

Yes, I think it might be combination of bugs and just bad physics of the vehicle. 

You really can not get it going till you reach the momentum. I remember, maybe a year ago, maybe less, found some friends next to berezino they had a sedan, The Volga, by the side of the road, and we couldn't get it out of the grass. 

Oh well yeah, it is so bullshit. Cars are so slow. I mean. I understand it is alpha but why do you even add vehicles if people won't be able to drive. At least make it like arma 2 vehicles until you do something good.

• Like 1

When there were only V3S in early 0.5x, it was not much worse IIRIC, maybe even slightly better.

Whatever the vehicles, the game overall is so not a game... It is like devs where giving us hints not to play the game at all, till it is ready. And it is known that the game "will be ready, when it is ready" :D

Edited by Mantasisg

Most likely tour wheels are damaged, take them off and try to repair them or find new ones.

Before you start to bitch a game first make sure you understand all the mechanics.

Edited by nl

2 hours ago, Kemal Daniel Bulkat said:

I better run lol, there is no point of driving with 7 miles I run like 20 miles an hour I guess :D

Thats an option but the best option is to learn how it works in this build. You learned that you should not stop with a V3S uphill. Not so hard to adopt this knowledge.

1 hour ago, nl said:

Most likely tour wheels are damaged, take them off and try to repair them or find new ones.

Before you start to bitch a game first make sure you understand all the mechanics.

I thought that's "normal" behavior in this build (maybe in RL also?) even when all parts are pristine.

Edited by ImageCtrl

2 hours ago, ImageCtrl said:

I thought that's "normal" behavior in this build (maybe in RL also?) even when all parts are pristine.

A truck should be able to reach about 50+ kmh. Thing is that gears 1,2,3 are very short, shift to 4 at about 20 kmh, speed will drop a little and then pick up. It also seems a bad idea to down shift when on an incline, better to just keep rolling in gear. When the tires are (badly) damaged the truck will become just about undriveable. Grip on inclines also diminishes with bad tires.

I'm not sure I'm simply writing my guess.

The vehicles are not yet physically defined. Weight, performance, inertia all of this is not optimized.

because a heavier v3s of the 9kmh / 7mph drive, will need more way/time from its weight to stand still than a slight hatchback. What comes to this is the engine at the moment only 2 wheel axles supported, at a v3s fatal.

the other is (it once stood in a SR) that we switch from character to vehicle when we drive. so our character is a doll. in the future we will control the vehicle as a character directly (because I strongly believe that this is all together with the Pl-Ctrl.)

I understand the driving system as it is now with a fully loaded v3s with trailer of full stones is at a steep road  (I feel the same with the Sedan with 130 ... it is like with bad tires in the rain..aquaplaning.) But as seen in the last SR .. here will come updated systems with the vehicles, they are not yet final.

Yeah, but even on gravel road, with a very tiny incline it feels like driving through the swamp...

• Like 1

Try to Test:

I just tried to change my gear timing so I found it it is possible without any runup just completely stopping on a hill then starting driving from 0mph and reach the 4th gear. If I really try to explain what I found out is when you put your vehicle on 1st gear hold shift then press W and hold you reach max speed of 13 or something just for a split second at that moment you change to 2nd gear and you will see that your vehicle won't stop and you will be able to change to 3rd and 4rd just like you are on a flat road. So you gotta change to 2nd gear when you get that extra speed for a split second just after you give the starting gas with turbo. If you miss it your speed will go to 7mph like always and when you change the gear your vehicle will stop.

"From Steamboard, answer from OP.

Positive side effect:

Problem's force the search to solutions ;-) "

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

@Sqeezorz How steep was the hill ? How long did it took to gain speed ? 

Edited by Mantasisg

2 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Try to Test:

I just tried to change my gear timing so I found it it is possible without any runup just completely stopping on a hill then starting driving from 0mph and reach the 4th gear. If I really try to explain what I found out is when you put your vehicle on 1st gear hold shift then press W and hold you reach max speed of 13 or something just for a split second at that moment you change to 2nd gear and you will see that your vehicle won't stop and you will be able to change to 3rd and 4rd just like you are on a flat road. So you gotta change to 2nd gear when you get that extra speed for a split second just after you give the starting gas with turbo. If you miss it your speed will go to 7mph like always and when you change the gear your vehicle will stop.

"From Steamboard, answer from OP.

Positive side effect:

Problem's force the search to solutions ;-) "

Lol, actually that guy would be me :) you just posted my answer to me. But anyways I hope it helps others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kemal Daniel Bulkat said:

Lol, actually that guy would be me :) you just posted my answer to me. But anyways I hope it helps others.

that's right. so I mentioned you as an OP ( Open Post ). I did not want to simply insert the steam-link, because I do not know whether you wanted it so.

I have tested what you wrote and have found something crucial. (I think @mantasisg wanted to know).

The vehicle will stop by  gear-change if the speed go under 4 kmh.

You need so at a hill min. Speed from 1st gear by 8kmh. 

I have test this on overland (grass into the rain --> ;-)  nice in the rain i'm love it)

After a kiss with little tree, one tire are damaged...and with this conditions (rear wheels are all 3/4 damaged) its not possible drive up to speed 8kmh.. max.  Speed are 7kmh, and this are to less.

I repair the front tire and its work. But its need a perfekt timing.

I found (IMO) if you hold up the gas key (W&Shift) during the gear-change (E) its works easyer.... sry maybe only my feeling, the time are to short to test finaly --> my woman need me ^^ .

The shift from the 2nd gear to the 3rd are the same procedere only at min. 12kmh speed ( 3@4 are no problem ).

The steep hill from testing, its not easy to say, the steep are the same as from the steep road before Staroye if you drive up from Elektro. (Sry on HandyCandy.. i will insert here the Izurvives coordinates when i on a PC )

Edited by Sqeezorz

If you'd check the first video which I have posted it shows how steep can the V3S go with different loads and configurations. 

Check the 2nd video from 6:00 mark....

10 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

If you'd check the first video which I have posted it shows how steep can the V3S go with different loads and configurations. 

Check the 2nd video from 6:00 mark....

Hopefully they will address this when they implement the V3s with the intended technology, instead of current placeholder...

Look carefully at the rear axles where they meet the hub, and you will see that the axle is offset above the center of each wheel, and a gearbox is affixed behind each hub.  This is why the top speed is limited to <60 km/h.

• Like 1

Yes, I hope so too. I'm pretty sure that such basic data is easily available. Most likely "vehicules" are just put aside for when the game engine part dedicated for them is ready, when it is ready I suppose. I guess.

@emuthreat I don't think that it is the reason why top speed is so low of that car. I think that the reasons are two: first of all - those old cars weren't very fast in general, and second - car is probably designed in such way that it would have lots of torque on low revs, so that way it can perform very well off the road.

Yes, I can see that axles are offset, as you pointed out now, interesting. But those aren't gearboxes, but differentials. And the reason for offsets, I'm pretty sure, is larger ground clearance, it is shown in first video, that it is 400mm.

Edited by Mantasisg

I think emuthreat meaning this:

HIG415b44_DSC09585.jpg

The axle-gear by the tires.  And, 50-60 are very good speed for a old vehicle.

• Like 1

I know that he meant that. Though could be that "axle gear" thing, haven't heard about such thing ever before. But I don't think that it wins anything, apart from increased ride height.

By the way, V3S-M2 could hit 75km/h. 

Yeah he was right, it also functions as gears.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_axle

Though it is written that power is same, so it shouldn't affect top speed. SO even without them V3S M1 would probably still hit only 60km/h. Which is a lot for narrow forest roads, with a 3ton vehicle :D

Edited by Mantasisg
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

I know that he meant that. Though could be that "axle gear" thing, haven't heard about such thing ever before. But I don't think that it wins anything, apart from increased ride height.

By the way, V3S-M2 could hit 75km/h. 

Yeah he was right, it also functions as gears.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_axle

Though it is written that power is same, so it shouldn't affect top speed. SO even without them V3S M1 would probably still hit only 60km/h. Which is a lot for narrow forest roads, with a 3ton vehicle :D

That is exactly the reason for the extra set of gears behind the hubs; to gain extra ground clearance with the axles.  As anyone familiar with kinematics will understand, 4 extra gearboxes will create a fair amount of friction at each wheel, and this is the reason the top speed is 60, rather than around 80km/h.

This truck was designed to reliably move cargo over rough terrain, and the design suits the need quite well. The reduction gearbox could just as easily been 1:1 ratio, but the design opted for power over speed.

Theoretical speeds at 2100 rpm, high range:

V3S
1: 10 km/h
2: 19 km/h
3: 35 km/h
4: 61 km/h

V3S M2
1: 14 km/h
2: 26 km/h
3: 48 km/h
4: 74 km/h

Assuming my calculations are correct.. they came out pretty close to the quoted max speeds, anyways.

Edited by -Gews-