exacomvm

.63 ETA ?

1 hour ago, Ree' said:

"Hell, remember H1Z1?

I happened to check that game out on Steam the other day for ol' time's sake.  They're selling $4.99 Country sweatshirt DLC.  lol.

8ouQTiz.png

• Beans 2

100+ dollars for the full H1Z1 experience, wow. Puts things into perspective...

Edited by Jock McScottish

6 hours ago, Jock McScottish said:

100+ dollars for the full H1Z1 experience, wow. Puts things into perspective...

Well this is just stupid. Some other games like, for example Elite Dangerous, have some small cosmetic addons to buy for people who like them. So somebody might buy a "brazil hoodie" or whatever if we likes. But to add all 22 available Hoodies to the basket, which adds to over 100 dollars, and somehow claiming that you would need all of those to "get the full H1Z1 experience", when the basegame costs a mere 20 dollars, is juts childish.

You are behaving like the typical DayZ Fanboy.

Edited by EZann

On 29/11/2017 at 7:39 PM, Ree' said:

Judging by con current players, both have blown Dayz out of the water,

H1Z1 is now a Battle Royale game. It's hardly comparable. Back when it was supposed to be a direct competitor to DayZ, it got crushed. Again, there is nothing like DayZ. There are games that have tried to be like DayZ for sure but still, after all this time, there is nothing like DayZ... including DayZ. Escape From Tarkov looks like a boiled down version of DayZ. It's taken the aspect of DayZ that people unambiguously like - the setting, the fights, the looting and the stashes, and have stripped out most of the survival aspects and the travel time. It's close, but it's still not DayZ. As such, I stand by what I said. DayZ doesn't have much in the way of competition. When DayZ finally goes into beta and development picks up speed, its popularity will soar because people haven't moved on to other games in the same genre, they've moved on to PUBG.

• Beans 1

21 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

H1Z1 is now a Battle Royale game. It's hardly comparable. Back when it was supposed to be a direct competitor to DayZ, it got crushed. Again, there is nothing like DayZ. There are games that have tried to be like DayZ for sure but still, after all this time, there is nothing like DayZ... including DayZ. Escape From Tarkov looks like a boiled down version of DayZ. It's taken the aspect of DayZ that people unambiguously like - the setting, the fights, the looting and the stashes, and have stripped out most of the survival aspects and the travel time. It's close, but it's still not DayZ. As such, I stand by what I said. DayZ doesn't have much in the way of competition. When DayZ finally goes into beta and development picks up speed, its popularity will soar because people haven't moved on to other games in the same genre, they've moved on to PUBG.

Umm when I said it has more players I meant just survive side of the game, which is very comparable too SA  

On 29/11/2017 at 7:39 PM, Ree' said:

Judging by con current players, both have blown Dayz out of the water,

15 minutes ago, Ree' said:

Umm when I said it has more players I meant just survive side of the game, which is very comparable too SA  

No you didn't. If you'd meant Just Survive then you would have said the player counts were comparable, not that they blew DayZ out of the water. Even then, DayZ still consistently has more players than H1Z1, and pretty much always has done in spite of less regular updates.

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:20 AM, EZann said:

Well this is just stupid. Some other games like, for example Elite Dangerous, have some small cosmetic addons to buy for people who like them. So somebody might buy a "brazil hoodie" or whatever if we likes. But to add all 22 available Hoodies to the basket, which adds to over 100 dollars, and somehow claiming that you would need all of those to "get the full H1Z1 experience", when the basegame costs a mere 20 dollars, is juts childish.

You are behaving like the typical DayZ Fanboy.

If a 'typical childish dayz fanboy' is someone who likes wearing in-game different hoodies without cash being extracted from my bank account for the pleasure, then yes- guilty as charged my friend. As for being called a childish dayz fanboy, I am insulted as I am 44 years old. calling me a childish dayz fanman would be much more to the point.

• Like 1

Anyway if you`re bored of waiting in general for beta - I really recommend Survive the Nights. It looks unique with traps and seasons - you`ve something like Mental health which I hope Dayz dev. team & @Hicks_206 (DayZ) consider in near future before Dayz SA experience is fully released. You start to shake and hear voices if you kill too many innocent players and you can go mentally ill if you murder too many players in the game. It brings up new interesting game situations to think about like - maybe I should let her/him go, because he/she has not seen me yet - so is it really necessary to take out this poor dayz SA survivor fleeing from the horde of zombies near Elektro!  :)

I`m looking forward to beta in Dayz SA - 2.5k hours into it so far, and finally 1.0 release and it`s worth the wait indeed, and an early merry christmas to all survivors out there! 

Edited by Nebulae3
  • Beans 1

On 12/3/2017 at 8:53 AM, Nebulae3 said:

Anyway if you`re bored of waiting in general for beta - I really recommend Survive the Nights. It looks unique with traps and seasons - you`ve something like Mental health which I hope Dayz dev. team & @Hicks_206 (DayZ) consider in near future before Dayz SA experience is fully released. You start to shake and hear voices if you kill too many innocent players and you can go mentally ill if you murder too many players in the game. It brings up new interesting game situations to think about like - maybe I should let her/him go, because he/she has not seen me yet - so is it really necessary to take out this poor dayz SA survivor fleeing from the horde of zombies near Elektro!  :)

I`m looking forward to beta in Dayz SA - 2.5k hours into it so far, and finally 1.0 release and it`s worth the wait indeed, and an early merry christmas to all survivors out there! 

Don't take players there, its far more unsure if it will be out of pre alpha for awhile. Backers-Kickstarters will be going in and it will not be available on Steam until after all the bugs are out for EA.

Best players bookmark the game until it is on steam. Ill keep the off topic thread going for interested players that love different zombie type games.

It is no where ready, so it could sit there for awhile, we do not know yet.

On 01/12/2017 at 5:48 PM, BeefBacon said:

No you didn't. If you'd meant Just Survive then you would have said the player counts were comparable, not that they blew DayZ out of the water. Even then, DayZ still consistently has more players than H1Z1, and pretty much always has done in spite of less regular updates.

I forget that H1z1 split games, so yes I meant Just survive, and steam charts say differently about that !

On 2017-11-02 at 11:42 PM, Normalement said:

Have a look at what I've found somewhere a few time ago:

DayZBetaStable_.jpg

Lol this is coming to life, I wonder if it is not too optimystic to have 0.63 so soon though. 

Also if we will look further, then 1.0 should come in roughly two years after 0.63 release. 

I wonder if 1.0 will come out to experimental at first, or it will be stable in single shot :D Perhaps exp branch won't be used anymore after DA BETA... 

Sniff sniff this still a thing? lurking around see nothing special. Nobody is posting any good topics anymore.

Good topics requres good community, and good community comes with good devs :)

I'm really not sure if this lethargy will end up well. Maybe It was all set when Dean Hall left. I hold lots of respect to Dean Hall, wish he always had some kind of controll over the project, at least a little bit, because he probably was the only one who knew what makes DayZ a DayZ. It is really unclear how it is going to unwrap now. As the date is getting close I'd expect it to be announced. This is not happening, so I suppose the progress is doubtful.

3 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

I'm really not sure if this lethargy will end up well. Maybe It was all set when Dean Hall left. I hold lots of respect to Dean Hall, wish he always had some kind of controll over the project, at least a little bit, because he probably was the only one who knew what makes DayZ a DayZ. It is really unclear how it is going to unwrap now. As the date is getting close I'd expect it to be announced. This is not happening, so I suppose the progress is doubtful.

I respect Hall too, but he left on his own terms ages ago. IMO he left his project in good hands, as an older player with patience I choose to enjoy the development rather than get impatient about it. Take a moment to think about how much better the game is from day one to how it plays today,  its like comparing night to day. All this moaning about something that cost 20 quid! :D

4 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

The problem that Dean had was he was trying to take a square peg and fit it in a round hole.  In other words, he was trying to make the old engine do things it was clearly not capable of

Well maybe, I don't know... But here we go - the engine is new, and being replaced. So what has changed. 

And yes the game is much better indeed, but it doesn't play better, it really doesn't play better, at least to me. Gameplay factor of DayZ has been changing massively from iteration to iteration, later it has been heavily reshaped mostly by changing loot economy and distributing players more across the map. I have made thousand posts about it already - to me it made the game unenjoyable despite much stuff got better. And then some other little things like unpredictability of being killed by zombie, turtle speed climbing into steeper hills and so on... 

I really wouldn't care if I had paid 10euros or 100 euros for DayZ. They could have a great game already if they really try, then release a new map as additional paid content, and make more money... Or could have had it. 

Edited by Mantasisg

On 2/14/2018 at 5:30 AM, Mantasisg said:

then release a new map as additional paid content, and make more money...

You can't do that anymore. Games are marketed for the steam audience now, where the overwhelming majority of people are hard-line simple minded toward getting good at a single map and playing only that map EVER AGAIN.

Dayz and all it's spin-offs are a perfect example of this. Another example is Dust2 for CS:GO.

What about PUBG, I instantly felt in love with new Map. Every game is full of simple minded people. For example online racing games - GT3 to SPA, and lets go lol, much variety, much fun

6 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

What about PUBG, I instantly felt in love with new Map. Every game is full of simple minded people. For example online racing games - GT3 to SPA, and lets go lol, much variety, much fun

Oh i refunded that pos game the first 5 seconds i loaded in. I am not into Rush to the center type games. Id rather watch Hunger Games on TV then ever load up something like that. I can relate to competition style games where you may have no choice but to get inside a small area to have a close combat situation, but over all its rinse and repeat with games like that. Plus didn't they just go all stupid with changing the graphics to suit the console type games? The only way that might interest me, is if they change it to a survival type system. However i have arma 3 for that, and maybe arma 4 if they use the en fusion engine.

• Beans 1

43 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Oh i refunded that pos game the first 5 seconds i loaded in. I am not into Rush to the center type games. Id rather watch Hunger Games on TV then ever load up something like that. I can relate to competition style games where you may have no choice but to get inside a small area to have a close combat situation, but over all its rinse and repeat with games like that. Plus didn't they just go all stupid with changing the graphics to suit the console type games? The only way that might interest me, is if they change it to a survival type system. However i have arma 3 for that, and maybe arma 4 if they use the en fusion engine.

You're lucky that you refunded it.  I bought it upon it's first release and at the time it was good.  Then the hackers came, and came, and came and have taken over the steam market with the sale of ill gotten loot crates and items.  Oh did I mention that the game is run by hackers?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Oh did I mention that the game is run by hackers?

Personally I've never encountered a hacker in PUBG in EU servers. Everybody talks about them though. That's probably the reason why everybody thinks the game is ran by hackers.

Then again, I don't believe I have ever played a multiplayer game that didn't have hackers. That's just life.

Please delete my account already, I'm too exhausted to be there, yet I got so much into DayZ few years ago, that some interest is still making me to come here.

PUBG is nowhere near the soul DayZ had, but it is pretty much a perfect game. Also it didn't break almost every rules how the game should be developed and presented to the players. I have had so little negative experience with it, barely any really. Yet those experts ^^^ buys a game just to do a refund lol because they are already so insanely biased.

I also haven't experienced hacking in PUBG. I have experienced not that much of it in DayZ too, just one time really badly. 

On 2/22/2018 at 4:55 AM, Mantasisg said:

Please delete my account already, I'm too exhausted to be there, yet I got so much into DayZ few years ago, that some interest is still making me to come here.

PUBG is nowhere near the soul DayZ had, but it is pretty much a perfect game. Also it didn't break almost every rules how the game should be developed and presented to the players. I have had so little negative experience with it, barely any really. Yet those experts ^^^ buys a game just to do a refund lol because they are already so insanely biased.

I also haven't experienced hacking in PUBG. I have experienced not that much of it in DayZ too, just one time really badly. 

If they delete your account it doesnt stop you from coming here to see whats posted . If you are truly tired of all this why not just un install the game and delete your bookmark for the site and just forget about it ( maybe check back at end of year ) .

Really its that easy , and more effective than them deleting your account.

On 2/21/2018 at 3:55 PM, Mantasisg said:

You sounded very depressed, dont take my dislike for pubg type games a disrespect to you, it is the game style i dislike. If its a once in awhile tourny type game play in a dayz style format i would join in. But these forums arent about PUBG they are about dayz. H1Z1 is exactly why i didnt purchase it for the king of the hill type game play. I think modding will have some of that here too.