exacomvm

.63 ETA ?

4 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

I remember watching Survivor Games, it was quite entertaining in DayZ. This is one of the reasons why people are waiting for the mods,

Despite the issues they had with those, they where great fun to watch live for sure.

October 26th will mark 5 months of having .62 On stable ..... not very inspiring to see each patch 5-10 months apart on average . Can’t wait for the final product but some hibernation is necessary to not go fucking insane waiting for the game to be interesting again .

Edited by blackberrygoo
  • Like 1

I'm really hoping to see it release between the fall and spring semesters, around the beginning of January. If it isn't out then, I'm done honestly. That's my limit. It's gotten to the point that optimism and benefit-of-the-doubt are just foolish. 

Edited by Solopopo

2 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

October 26th will mark 5 months of having .62 On stable ..... not very inspiring to see each patch 5-10 months apart on average . Can’t wait for the final product but some hibernation is necessary to not go fucking insane waiting for the game to be interesting again .

You're not wrong, but at least we know the reason why the last couple major updates have had such a long wait between them.

Things should get significantly faster once 0.63 does hit though, even according to the devs.

• Like 1

Basically from what i see DayZ .63 has few features that lacks to be worth experimental.
- Weapon animations ( should've been finished long time ago, that should not take more than half week for a single person )
- New Loot System?

And thats pretty much it, rest would be implementing the actual modding and base building and polishing some already existing stuff such as the UI functions/design, inertia n so on.

I don't see why they can't release something like .62.9 with the .63 features in such long time, obviously probs because they want to release fully featured game that will blow everyone's mind, but again: Why the experimental is for? I think it would not hurt if they dropped the improved gamescom version into exp.

3 hours ago, exacomvm said:

Basically from what i see DayZ .63 has few features that lacks to be worth experimental.
- Weapon animations ( should've been finished long time ago, that should not take more than half week for a single person )
- New Loot System?

And thats pretty much it, rest would be implementing the actual modding and base building and polishing some already existing stuff such as the UI functions/design, inertia n so on.

I don't see why they can't release something like .62.9 with the .63 features in such long time, obviously probs because they want to release fully featured game that will blow everyone's mind, but again: Why the experimental is for? I think it would not hurt if they dropped the improved gamescom version into exp.

What do you mean? Are you saying there isn't much in the upcoming .63 update? And because there isn't you think they should push it to experimental now?

Post sounds so weird to me that i can't even comprehend it.

19 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

This is one of the more rational posts you've made in quite a while and I commend you for it.

Also, I agree 100%.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

There's not much left for them to patch on this build while they are busy working on the the new game.

On 10/13/2017 at 8:12 PM, Mantasisg said:

I remember watching Survivor Games, it was quite entertaining in DayZ. This is one of the reasons why people are waiting for the mods,

There was a .63 Suvivor Games server active a few weeks ago, so I think it might come back.

0.63 will be a nice improvement but I've a feeling we need to wait some more patches for good zombies. The engine improvements are huge in 0.63. Just need gameplay improvements after that and that's what beta will most likely be.

• Like 1

Everyone has his/her personal issues with the game. 

My main issues are simple and connected- no interactions at the coast and bad loot economy. For some reason I'm afraid that these will stay. Those are the reasons which IMO ruins DayZ, despite the tech is much better. 

1.No interactions at the coast - I have learned that at the inlands interactions with strangers is a bad idea. I have had a few of them which didn't happen to be KOS thing, however, it took about 1-3 minutes and I was killed, for me it is not that much different from KOS, just with a short dialogue. If you meet any stranger at the inlands both of you are probably armed, probably have something good in the backpack, the tension grows rapidly if you stay close just for a bit more than a few seconds (if you have been lucky enough not to get killed on sight, in the first place). No interactions at the coast - no interactions at all. And thats why it is so: greater density of players if they stay a bit longer at the coast, less tension because the spawn is less valuable at the time, other fresh spawns are simply less dangerous, bandits or zombies threatening freshspawns are working as a unifying force.

2.Bad loot economy - used to be pretty good in one patch, not the one when you could get massively armed at the gate houses and police stations, but before that. I like DayZ much more when it wasn't as much about running all the time for sake of looting, and looting was something like an important part of the game, but not the most of it. Stable servers with persistence on are just not worth even loging on - you won't find anything. Some private servers are better, but still way too hard to get stuff. Coasts are just empty - don't even waste time. Here our best interaction areas goes out through the window. I don't know about food, it is too rare too, but perhaps not as much as guns and ammo. Guns and ammo aren't that crazy rare, but because you have to find fitting bullets (of which there are many types) the difficulty gets squared, and because you also would enjoy to have a correct magazine the difficulty goes cubed. 

There is a limited amount of empty houses, and time without interactions before you start wondering what the hell I'm doing with my life now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DannyDog said:

What do you mean? Are you saying there isn't much in the upcoming .63 update? And because there isn't you think they should push it to experimental now?

Post sounds so weird to me that i can't even comprehend it.

I think you got it wrong, i mean the stamina system, some new animations, ability to run uphills, new character controls is there already, but thats just tip of the iceberg of what's coming to .63.. so it could be pushed to .629 experimental etc for us to try some of the new features and maybe get used to it a bit till the .63 comes out, now both exp and stable uses same version, so there's no point of exp anyway. I always seen experimental as ability to test upcoming features, not only for bug testing purposes. Current stable got bit boring of its emptyness and same gameplay over and over again, thats why it would be awesome to get atleast some upcoming features to play with, from what i saw in these Gamescom videos it looks like a brand new game to me, probs thats why im dying to try it asap and in general im impatient person especially when something can be done, but its not going.

Edited by exacomvm

@exacomvm Ah yea thats what i figured and to be honest I really think they feel like making this next patch the biggest and best update ever because of the current popularity of the game. It won't have as much of an impact if the new features were trickled in through experimental. Not to mention it being much more work to maintain the exp branch and have servers working. Pushing to exp right now would mean they would have more work to do than to just work with their internal branch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exacomvm said:

I think you got it wrong, i mean the stamina system, some new animations, ability to run uphills, new character controls is there already, but thats just tip of the iceberg of what's coming to .63.. so it could be pushed to .629 experimental etc for us to try some of the new features and maybe get used to it a bit till the .63 comes out, now both exp and stable uses same version, so there's no point of exp anyway. I always seen experimental as ability to test upcoming features, not only for bug testing purposes. Current stable got bit boring of its emptyness and same gameplay over and over again, thats why it would be awesome to get atleast some upcoming features to play with, from what i saw in these Gamescom videos it looks like a brand new game to me, probs thats why im dying to try it asap and in general im impatient person especially when something can be done, but its not going.

No it can't.  I believe the whole reason we're not seeing anything is because the new engine(enfusion) is not compatible with the old engine.  They've basically stopped working on this version of DayZ and have been hard at work on the Beta version.

4 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

No it can't.  I believe the whole reason we're not seeing anything is because the new engine(enfusion) is not compatible with the old engine.  They've basically stopped working on this version of DayZ and have been hard at work on the Beta version.

if I understand the development of DayZ correctly then it is like this: We have a long time already the Enfusion engine. Initially, only a few individual parts of the new system were implemented. Then came the Renderer, The audio system and also network system. Until now, this was some of what was missing the player controller. (ok there are still more things than what I've enumerated). The controller is certainly the most complex part. there is so much that is related to it, actually almost everything we do in the game and do what we see, what we hear. These things all run first in the PlayerController, and from there to the Soundsystem and the renderer. I believe it is a very big work to combine everything ... so many sounds, animations and influences that arise.

at the end, I must give you right, it makes no sense to work on the old system or give us a new 1/4 version.

To be honest, I would play their buggy ass version over the current .62 - If their whole map is compatible with the new engine, anyway.

Just ready to see and play some new stuff, knowing full well that it won't be perfect just yet - But who cares. . xD 

Looks like we'll be getting a Holiday Beta drop, probably

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Its compatible, otherwise you would not see the gameplay of it, basically they added whole new player characters ( different rig or something ) and the animations needs to be reworked on it, some weapons probs currently don't have animations on the new rigs. The .63 gonna be like a complete rework of nearly everything besides map itself. The new engine is running since .62 if i am not mistaken, also not sure if it will be called Enfusion, cause Enfusion is already old engine from 2015 or something since the DX11 was implemented.
And also its not really that different engine, its just reworked and improved from what devs said.

Edited by exacomvm
  • Like 1

@exacomvm Your almost right.

The .60 patch which included the new renderer was the first iteration of implementing the Enfusion renderer "module" which was pushed to stable in June 2016 (first exp version in around May).

And you may be thinking there were two "major engine reworks", but the first renderer update was the start of the process that we're currently on now. Also in regards to compatibility, I don't believe it "won't work" due to the "old engine" but rather all the new developing systems rely and depend on each other. From the new UI, to the animation system, player controller and to tie them all together they would need Enscript as well. So it would basically be that all those systems need to be finished and working before they can be implemented into exp and they HAVE to be implemented together or i'm sure some of the features won't work. Though some people might argue "where's the modularity" or that it's "bad programming" but they've probably never worked on engine development at all before. (Though i haven't either so kek)

• Like 1

as @DannyDog writes, there are "modules" which they insert. so far the modules were not extremely "networked" with other modules. It is not possible to replace only a part of a module, only the whole or nothing. The Pl-Ctrl simply has too much influence on all other modules and is particularly closely linked to the animation system. Sure, it would be possible to first insert only the Pl-Ctrl without the new animation system, but it would be a double work, which surely does not make much sense, already seen from the bugfixing alone. we just wait and hope they make good progress.

IMO, the devs have done an amazing job with this game. To take a mod of an old game to a fully working new version within 5 years? People should be kissing their asses instead of trying to kick their asses.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

its most likely that beta comes before the holidays, so they can test that build on the community like they did for the other major builds. from the infos we have of the .63 build and its progress, the experimental version will certainly come in the second half of november. so they have time to push some fixes to exp. before stable hits .63, close to xmas. there is  preparation ongoing for the probably high server load through the "playerbase comeback" to 0.63 in the xm-holidayz.

Now isn't good.  there's too many other good games coming out.  SW:BF2, COD, Destiny 2.   I'd like to play them all but it's impossible.

DayZ is kind of game which takes tons of time with all the running and currently - looting forever. Forget about other games lol 

By the way....  when is beta ? Halloween is in the past, next hop iz Christmas, though Easterns would fit better lol

Edit: I hope beta rolls out some time in next two years.

Pretty sure it will till 2020.

Edited by Mantasisg