exacomvm

.63 ETA ?

Hey guys, i've read latest dev blog and seems like the .63 is not coming soon, like they have to implement alot of new stuff and that probs will take some time.
Any ETA for experimental ? Would be nice to hear from Staff. Maybe we could have the experimental bit earlier even w/o the full features ? ( Pre-Beta .63 like .629 or w/e with all the new stuff of gamescom ). That probs would not make much of a difference, but still would be great to play around with the new controls and get used to it.

Edited by exacomvm

3 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

When it's ready.

From my perspective it's already ready just not fully featured. But for devs seems like it will be ready when all features gets implemented, but the question is when? 2weeks, 2 months, Q3 of 2018 ?

Edited by exacomvm

15 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

2weeks, 2 months, Q3 of 2018 ?

All of the above.

If we knew we would tell you but we just don't know. The best anyone can tell you is "When it's ready."

If I was to make a guess, I would say early next year. But that could be spot on or completely wrong.

• Like 1

2 weeks - no

2 months - probably not

2018 - most likely

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, nl said:

2 weeks - no

2 months - probably not

2018 - most likely

Man, I really hoped we would see .63 before the end of 2017.

It also makes good business sense to drop a patch with a huge update before the holidays.

*SIGH*

• Like 5
  • Beans 1

20 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Man, I really hoped we would see .63 before the end of 2017.

It also makes good business sense to drop a patch with a huge update before the holidays.

*SIGH*

Only if it works properly :)
But I am right there with you on the wish.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

Bihemia surely knows how to make games

Do you understand enough about what they are doing and what they have been doing to really offer valid criticism?

I just understand that it is taking a while. 

Hoew much left till halloweeen, can we hope anything for halloween ? 

My birthday is on the 31st, obviously 0.63 is coming this month as my birthday gift. Thanks devs! <3

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 8
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

My birthday is on the 31st, obviously 0.63 is coming this month as my birthday gift. Thanks devs! <3

Now I've quoted you on it, so it must be true!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, exacomvm said:

From my perspective it's already ready 

hahaa!! .... sonny boy, you have alot of days of dissapointment ahead of you.. if i had to guess ? before the end of the year... hopefully november but more like december. When ever you think something will be ready in the day development... add + 4 months. No shit 

17 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

GvNwbrM.jpg

Haha, best thing I've seen today.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

15 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

Good to see someone optimistic

Today is the day, Friday 13, what could possibly go wrong ? :D  Perfect day to be consumed by zombies lol

• Like 1

Dayz in its present form is already awsome and ready, u should be thanking the devs for a great game.

And if u have to ask about the next update, u better ask nice...

• Beans 1

I get why people say "when it's done" or "it's in alpha, expect delays", which is a fair point, but...

I bought DayZ stand alone 4 years ago (ish, I don't know the exact date) and the constant, "it'll be ready when it's ready" response has lost it's value somewhat when it's trotted out time after time.

It's up to the DayZ devs to decide when/if 63 ever comes out, but that doesn't dismiss the views of those frustrated at the wait.

For me? .63 really needs to be worth it. The game has had so many false dawns (then several "steps back"). One more failure will relegate this game to the vapourware category.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, rickyriot said:

I get why people say "when it's done" or "it's in alpha, expect delays", which is a fair point, but...

I bought DayZ stand alone 4 years ago (ish, I don't know the exact date) and the constant, "it'll be ready when it's ready" response has lost it's value somewhat when it's trotted out time after time.

It's up to the DayZ devs to decide when/if 63 ever comes out, but that doesn't dismiss the views of those frustrated at the wait.

For me? .63 really needs to be worth it. The game has had so many false dawns (then several "steps back"). One more failure will relegate this game to the vapourware category.

Awesome point, but mostly only fanboys gonna wait for DayZ .63 and thats the sad part. Maybe lots of people will join after they see the .63, but from what i've seen even people who saw gamescom .63 was not impressed and they rather play PUBG or something.
We will see when the Beta launches, but i will not be surprised if DayZ will be fkn awesome, but gonna lack playerbase.

*Cough* DayZ Standalone Battle Royale *Cough*

4 hours ago, exacomvm said:

and they rather play PUBG or something.

Please let them stay in PUBG or something if that's what they want or don't have the patience to take 30 minutes and read about DayZ dev.

IF you want battle royale type game play there are tons of games purpose built just for that.

Rinse and repeat shooter games are the single most boring and over done experiences in gaming ever.

• Like 3
  • Beans 2

I remember watching Survivor Games, it was quite entertaining in DayZ. This is one of the reasons why people are waiting for the mods,

• Like 3

Honestly I would rather have a .63 build with some missing features than have no .63 at all for the holidays. I also feel it would be beneficial to the devs as well to release something before Chrismas since having a .63 build available to the community means that when the devs return from the break they will have a good amount of feedback and data to iterate on moving forward with the beta. if they do release it before the end of the year I'd imagine it would come out sometime in November since that would give then a decent amount of time to get it ready for stable.   

10 minutes ago, Legion252 said:

Honestly I would rather have a .63 build with some missing features than have no .63 at all for the holidays. I also feel it would be beneficial to the devs as well to release something before Chrismas since having a .63 build available to the community means that when the devs return from the break they will have a good amount of feedback and data to iterate on moving forward with the beta. if they do release it before the end of the year I'd imagine it would come out sometime in November since that would give then a decent amount of time to get it ready for stable.   

It's only a matter of weeks until Christmas so it's not that long really, but the longer delays to a playable exp or stable release are two fold - at least for me.

On one hand they allowed people to play it at whatever expo they did (can't remember which one it was), if that was the case and they have had to go and put another 3 months worth into it then it suggests the .63 demo was very limited and more just a showcase than an actual playable demo. The other side was the hint that after the showing, there could be a playable demo released to the public. OK, it was only a hint, but still it was raised by the devs themselves. The community, from my point of view, has been starved of really good news for so long so it seems a little unfair to suggest a demo if it was clear from those close the project new that this was unrealistic.