Baty Alquawen

Status Report - 10 October 2017

I would love to do that job too!! But I´m more the cgi/2d/3d Artist, and less a content creator. In Germany its called "Media Designer for online and print media". I did a lot of stuff with Adobe Premiere, 3DsMaxx and the compositing part with Digital Fusion, but less gaming content. And moving to Prag? With wife and kids? Fuuuu, that would be a biiiig step.

20 hours ago, IMT said:

I would be up for that. I absolutely loved his Barefoot bandit video. I think it's his best video ever. The music in the end fits the video at that point so well, it's amazing.

Yep....and I actually am a big fan of Electus from his intros and outros. The AltisLife stuff with JackFrags and even that twat Sada are hugely entertaining.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, philbur said:

Yep....and I actually am a big fan of Electus from his intros and outros. The AltisLife stuff with JackFrags and even that twat Sada are hugely entertaining.

I have to say I find it unfortunate that he went with scripted content. As far as I know his original DayZ Mod was unscripted. The Standalone content already had some heavily edited footage (watch the Barefoot bandit's POV for comparison). At the moment all his episodes, at least the Arma 3 related stuff is all scripted. He even made a video about it, explaining that it takes a long time to record it because it's scripted.

Don't get me wrong, it is still very entertaining but it takes away the credibility in the randomness you get in encounters, especially in DayZ.

By the way, if you want another quality content creator, try SheriffEli. I recently found out about him, he is a retired cop who does GTA V RP as a cop and his content is absolutely hilarious! He also streams and has some of his streams on YouTube. The amazing thing about that is that he also explains a lot of how law enforcement works during his streams, so it's also educational. :)

19 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

Can't speak for life in Bratislava but Prague is seriously cool, and as I said, we'll help with the relocation :) 

Hah, well maybe I'll consider applying then. We'll see. If the position was UK-based then I'd apply in a heartbeat. Why don't you guys come here? It's especially dreary at all times of the year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeefBacon said:

Hah, well maybe I'll consider applying then. We'll see. If the position was UK-based then I'd apply in a heartbeat. Why don't you guys come here? It's especially dreary at all times of the year. 

a work colleague from me comes from the Czech Republic, she goes as often as possible to her "home". She once told me when we talked about the weather, in the Czech Republic it was nicer and warmer than here in Switzerland ... and it must be true she has a beautiful tan from the sun.

16 hours ago, BeefBacon said:

I find our climate already rather shitty. I pity you guys in the UK. You guys literally throw a party when the temperatures get around 30 degrees Celcius and it doesn't rain, don't you?

14 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

a work colleague from me comes from the Czech Republic, she goes as often as possible to her "home". She once told me when we talked about the weather, in the Czech Republic it was nicer and warmer than here in Switzerland ... and it must be true she has a beautiful tan from the sun.

It depends, the more you go to the east the warmer it will be. Prague itself is situated in the north-west, not that far from the German border. I assume it has a bit more climate like the (south-)east of Germany.

5 hours ago, IMT said:

I find our climate already rather shitty. I pity you guys in the UK. You guys literally throw a party when the temperatures get around 30 degrees Celcius and it doesn't rain, don't you?

If I'm completely honest, I actually like the climate. I can't do hot. 30 degrees is too much. I'm glad we only get, like, a week or two of that a year. If that. I swear to God, if climate change results in scorching summers I'll... you know. I'll have something quite stern to say about that, I'll have you know.

• Like 3

Came across what I thought was a post from @Baty Alquawen saying she had "a treat" for us tomorrow (Wednesday).

Not trying to stir the pot, here...and I can't find the discussion online about it anymore (Saw it when I glanced at Reddit, Twitter, or somewhere else on my cell earlier today) but has anyone seen some sort of primer for "a treat" from her?

22 minutes ago, philbur said:

Came across what I thought was a post from @Baty Alquawen saying she had "a treat" for us tomorrow (Wednesday).

Not trying to stir the pot, here...and I can't find the discussion online about it anymore (Saw it when I glanced at Reddit, Twitter, or somewhere else on my cell earlier today) but has anyone seen some sort of primer for "a treat" from her?

she said "it's not .63"

14 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

she said "it's not .63"

Well....yeah....naturally! ;-)

Meh.... Should have known better....

Sorry about that everyone.

On 18.10.2017 at 1:12 AM, philbur said:

I think it was the fine announcement of the "Helloween" -update :-) ... long live the vegetable farmer .... or even briefly.

1 minute ago, Sqeezorz said:

I think it was the fine announcement of the "Helloween" -update :-) ... long live the vegetable farmer .... or even briefly.

Would have preferred le doot skeleton zombies but pumpkins will do. We had the pumpkin Halloween thing last year i believe but this year they glow which is great.