Sign in to follow this  
smofi

think about it.

This is post is mostly to the people that say things like " release modding " "modders would have finished this game by now " "mods will make dayz great" and soo on.

I see people that make such claims to be quite stupid ( sorry if you feel offended but you are ).
My point being is that there already is a dayz mod out there! So think about it for just a second and realize that saying something like " Release modding then dayz will be great and ready in no time " is just ignorant and mostly stupid.
The mod that exists is not bad ...but it aint that great aswel. So what would be different if they release modding for dayz at this early stage of their development. All you will have is a nother dayz mod slightly different.

Just got annoyed after comming across comments that state that modding is all the game needs. 
So i made a post that maybe some of thoes people who say that realize how stupid it actually is to comment s**t like that.

Thought about it.

DayZ standalone is not in very much early state of development. 

DayZ standalone is being developed with modding in mind, and it also makes the development slower.

Devs has their vision of what DayZ should be like. And coming to it. I think numbers of active playerbase says it all about what that vision is worth. Modding will bring more visions, more stuff. Modding for DayZ standalone will be impressive i guess, though we almost know nothing a bout it yet. Also we don't know if the game will maintain the pulse, because it is messed up.

Edited by Mantasisg

I don't think modding will "fix" dayz sa but it will give you all the PUBG with dayz skin that you want!

Conversely, modding will also bring versions that move away from PvP and lean more towards survival.

In short, modding will solve many problems but is not the magic bullet solution to all of dayz sa's problems.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I don't think modding will "fix" dayz sa but it will give you all the PUBG with dayz skin that you want!

Conversely, modding will also bring versions that move away from PvP and lean more towards survival.

In short, modding will solve many problems but is not the magic bullet solution to all of dayz sa's problems.

Exactly my point.... modding will be nice feature to the game and add more to it. I just got slightly frustrated after coming across people saying that it is a "magic bullet " to all the problems.

22 minutes ago, smofi said:

Exactly my point.... modding will be nice feature to the game and add more to it. I just got slightly frustrated after coming across people saying that it is a "magic bullet " to all the problems.

"Those people" seem to think modders can build game engines... Hard to make a mod of a base product that isn't finished yet.
That seems to be difficult for some to understand for sure.

Their sense of "fixing the game" also tends to lean towards making it easier, so while they will for sure get their way with modding, it's a very moot point over all.

• Like 2

Think about it..

Some of us have been coming here and commenting for years.. years..

Think about it. 

• Like 3

The game is still missing critical components that will place it on par with what the mod achieved.

The answer is quite simply that we need long term persistent base building (and in my opinion: aircraft) in order to give players something to do over the long term rather than just run and gun night after night. Modding will be truly great and in the end it could be bigger than we all ever imagined, but the core DayZ player needs persistent base-building in order to bring the game-play up to where the mod was at.

Edited by FlimFlamm

I think what we have come to discover over the last 5 years is that modding all but universally boils down over time to mean:

• 1,000,000 starting cash
  • max vehicles
  • XTRA LOOT
  • FRESH LOOT
  • XTRA CHOPPER SPAWNS
  • etc..etc

I absolutely expect to see 99% of modded servers taking the survival aspect out of the game completely and setting the tone for the duration of the game's existence. Steam being tied inherently to any game now suffers the same fate of ultra casual, lazy and immature people who want everything given to them with little to no effort at all.

• Like 2

I'm 1000% percent more excited for the finished build than I am for modding. Mods are usually clunky and pandering in my experience. Personally I'd be ok without mods at all (though I know most wouldn't be)

Typical forum kids or immature grownups thoughts: "personally I like this more than that", "It doesn't excite me as much as", "All I care is me, and all my posts are about me, why on earth the game needs modding, if I don't need them", "why not everything is designed for me personally", "why others see modding as a good thing, I hate it, no modding for me", "I'm so sick that others are different than I am, I am the best".....

Modding..... what a waste of time, it never grows into full titles, which are loved by millions..... Oh wait.

If 8/10 modds are crap it doesn't mean that modding is crap, if there still is a hope for DayZ SA, and some brave people will devote their time and will create an epic mod, and if it will hit your little heart and you'll fall in love and then you'll remember this thread, and you'll know.

• Like 1

Do a lot of people play the mods of the Mod?

Official Epoch looks to be the top with a total of 45 players on 90 servers (last time I looked)

Spooling through their blogs they seem to be ATM still mainly technical snafu problems and glitches  and complaints ?

Edited by pilgrim*
~

Unless something drastically changes on the back end modding is just going to slow the server down if regular Joes get a hold of it and add 10 billion scripts to it. Ultimately modding just ends up with a janky product. It always gets taken to the extreme and that makes server performance take a shit. Take Arma 3 and the constant floating and exploding that goes on non-stop after things get heavily modded.

I think there will be some interesting mods but only a few. The rest will be your normal Epoch easy mode BS.

Edited by Girth Brooks
Not enough coffee

On 10/8/2017 at 4:13 PM, Mantasisg said:

Whoa calm down there cowboy I'm just expressing my viewpoint. I get a lot of people have faith in mods and I know for a fact that they can be great. All I'm saying is that I am looking forward to an awesome base game, one which will make an even better starting point for modders. Also, talking smack like that doesn't fly around here. If you're unlucky enough to meet me in Zelenogorsk, you will know that I am the best. THERE'LL BE A BLACK SCREEN TO PROVE IT!!!

Are you camping there ? 

Good base game for a modding is a must, if base will be weak (and I think it will not be, just have to find out about possibilities for modding), then there will simply be fewer mods. Another aspect which could prevent modding from going big - low activity. Obviously base must be very good for big numbers, but not only tech base, but also a gameplay base. Right now the game is basically a tech demo. I don't know if a mod could pull the game out of the bottom. Considering that there would appear a mod with superb appealing gameplay changers, then I would say maybe, thats why people has hopes in modding, they aren't enjoying gameplay in current iterations, and hoping gameplay changer mod. Whatever it would be - the possibilities are huge. The only things which will be limiting all this are motivation and free time of the modder. And stupid posts like calling people who shares high hopes about modding stupid is just stupid. 

DayZ started from a mod, and I'm really curious about modding in DayZ. 

What do you want to achieve by saying that "I don't even need mods" ? What kind of opinion is that, it is typical passive forum wishlisting. I want this, I don't want this. Valuable.

@green_mtn_grandbob Who you are referring to ? If me - I'm not a modder. And I'd change "will have to work with" to "will be able to work with", don't take modding for granted, it is 2017, quality bars are very high, it takes more and more to produce a quality content. Modders also has life lol I guess. :/

Wasn't it said by devs that modding will come with Beta ? 

Edited by Mantasisg

Yea you have a point. I just worry about how much value mods will actually bring to the game. I hope it's a lot, and I hope DayZ will be awesome as possible to open up the modding world to crazier possibilities.

• Like 1