Sign in to follow this  
SeizLex

Hardcore in DayZ

Hello everyone! We (I'm with my friends and,i think,with community) want to ask you about hardcore in DayZ,in particular in .63,beta no matter how. Yes,not in future,concretly in .63 patch will be more hardcore,or will be how it now: you can find m4 and many,many ammo and magazines for every weapon for a hour. This is not realistic,this is are make people not safe them life,because if they die - they can easy find this equipment again. Zombie apocalypse must be hardcore,but no in no way too easy. Make people safe and
appreciate them life. This will be really great. I know, i just the one player with opinion,and this is not mean anything...but...though about it. In DayZ people must survive,but not are only play PVP. And at last: Gamma in .63 will be off,or will be not changed? This is really big disbalance. I had play 1500 hours in DayZ and don't want to stop. This game is my favourite.But i don't give a sense of danger more. And this is not because i'm played 1500 hours and know this game. No...this is not it. Do defecite of ammo,magazines,eat - MAKE people survive! Please..add hardcore,not a little bit in 0.63. I just boring of this gameplay,when you just play PVP game,and game no way can't make you to survive...I want to survive in this game,but not JUST play DayZ.

Is this a trolling post lol

You can find exactly nothing in an hour. 

Probably I just don't know where and how to ghost to find many many magazines for every weapon and even the M4. 

I just don't find anything.

Right now all the spawn systems are a bit of a mess. But check back six months from now and there's a chance they'll be fixed.

• Like 1

@SeizLex Don't play in empty servers, and you'll have your hardocre. I suspect that you are typical ghost, you loot the hell out in empty servers and then go to PVP and KOS in populated servers. Thats big issue of DayZ.

I'm sorry but this thread is just so wrong in my view. Everything is wrong, from grammar to ideas and style. 

I can barely loot up in an hour. Rare loot actually makes the game way less hardcore than you wish. It ends up like that because majority of the players ends up just running from house to house most of the time, for an average player there is little gameplay focused on interactions and/or PVP, it is just running from one empty town, to other empty town. And by the end it is extremely unrewarding, because most likely will get owned anyway. Looting just takes too long man, exactly opposite from what you say. Of course you might have been skipping your English and literature classes mastering the 0.62 learning all the best lootspots, and now it is not hardcore for you.

But I agree that the game is too safe. Thats mostly because of too little people and lacking interactions, or too big map. Lack of predators. Maybe some extra more scary zombies. Lack of mobility. Always beautiful weather whatever server I choose.... No loot also makes the game less hardcore. 

As for what is realistic ? The fact that you respawn is not realistic, what about that mmm ? It is a game. Designed by people. There are certain degrees of reasons for what is realsitic, and what is not. The map is full of military vehicles, military bases, zombies... naturally there has to be abandoned stuff all over the place, lots of guns and amo, plenty of abandoned property such as broken down vehicles... There are some free degrees for realsim, and the entertainment of this game also has to be considered.

Ofcourse not by us, forum keyboard experts.

Edited by Mantasisg

@Mantasisg I play only on Full servers. I don't have troubles to find M4 or AK-74 or AKM and 3-2 magazines and ammo for these weapons. I play only at Private Servers. I hate play ONLY pvp. This is so  boring.

@Mantasisg In real life to find M4,AK-74 or other military weapon is unreal. But in DayZ Military weapon is a very much. And Players play only pvp. DayZ Can't make them survive. Because is so easy.

Edited by SeizLex

Very very little is how it will be when the game is complete.

Almost everything you do now is going to change as features and mechanics are implemented.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SeizLex said:

In real life 

Have you been in Czech republic during a "zombie" apocalypse ? Because you are very confident about how you claim.

Also it is BS that it is easy to find loot, unless you play in some extre funky private server, but IDK if private servers can mess up with the loot system. I doubt that.

It is easy for you because you might be the only one in the game who thinks that it is easy to find M4 or AK, while everyone is struggling to get even something like repeater or a shotgun together with ammo.

I don't even know why I'm still here.

56 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

Have you been in Czech republic during a "zombie" apocalypse ? Because you are very confident about how you claim.

Also it is BS that it is easy to find loot, unless you play in some extre funky private server, but IDK if private servers can mess up with the loot system. I doubt that.

It is easy for you because you might be the only one in the game who thinks that it is easy to find M4 or AK, while everyone is struggling to get even something like repeater or a shotgun together with ammo.

I don't even know why I'm still here.

"Everyone" is definitely not struggling to find a shotgun or a repeater with ammo. Speak for yourself and your experiences, don't pretend to speak for everyone, that just takes away any validity to your argument.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Exorade said:

Right now all the spawn systems are a bit of a mess. But check back six months from now and there's a chance they'll be fixed.

That's what they said 6 months ago!  And the 6 months before that!

@GobbokirkOkay, I got that "everyone" virus too. Guilty. 

But it is just harder to get even basically armed than ever. That was the idea.

Definintely DayZ professionals are getting better quicker and in larger scale, than the game is getting harder (in terms of loot), because in many other ways the game is not very hard.

This thread is about game being too easy after all. I think the OP is right about that, but completely wrong about the reasons.

PLS DEVS WERE IZ 0.63, PLZ

• Like 2

4 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Hick's is thinking of making the vanilla dayz 1pp, will that be hardcore enough for you guys? 

Well i sure hope this is what they do but i would have to see it to believe it. 1pp is how dayz should be.

16 hours ago, Exorade said:

I have been telling myself that for 4 years :D

14 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

@GobbokirkOkay, I got that "everyone" virus too. Guilty. 

But it is just harder to get even basically armed than ever. That was the idea.

Definintely DayZ professionals are getting better quicker and in larger scale, than the game is getting harder (in terms of loot), because in many other ways the game is not very hard.

This thread is about game being too easy after all. I think the OP is right about that, but completely wrong about the reasons.

PLS DEVS WERE IZ 0.63, PLZ

No worries, I think it's still too easy as well, but it still takes me more than an hr to get an M4 with multiple mags, that's for damn sure :p

That's a good thing for sure though.

On 10/4/2017 at 11:57 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Hick's is thinking of making the vanilla dayz 1pp, will that be hardcore enough for you guys? 

First person perspective is not hardcore one bit. It is viewing a virtual world from a intuitive and natural perspective.

He shouldn't be thinking about it. This should not even have to be up for discussion. 1pp is the only way a game like this should be played. If I see one more Crash Bandicoot video, of some guy tagging his video with "epic squad wipe shoot-out" and then he runs around like a full on tweeking crackhead, dodging zombies (oh god, the Benny Hill music is starting to play in my head) looking around corners and over obstacles while erratically Matrix-dodging sniper fire... that shit will burn in to my retina, and I will always hear the Benny Hill music when I boot up and see the DayZ logo. So I am trying to avoid all other contact with the game other than playing it myself, following development and lurking the forums. 

I know, I know, they are implementing a stamina system and addressing the erratic movement.

Even if Hicks comes to the only reasonable conclusion there is to come to, 3pp will always be there somewhere, like a terminal illness, slowly sucking the life and fun out of everything that once was sacred when it came to online shooters. Even if DayZ is supposed to be much more than a shooter, with 3pp in place it will eventually deteriorate and be watered down to a modded, and poorly optimized GTA in a rural Russian environment. 

I am probably just a bitter old nerd who reminisce too much over a time when gamers were looking for a challange, and loved gritty, heart wrenching experiences. If anyone who has spent the last couple of years playing 3pp Dayz, or any other supposedly unforgiving games that is actually no more difficult then Doom 2 in normal mode, tried to get through the first world of Super Mario 3, they would cry and rage-quit 3 minutes in... then proceed to ask the developers to make the fall pits narrower, and give Mario a permanent tail. 

Death to 3pp... shame, shame, shame

• Like 1

OMG... i read just BENNY HILL..   BOAMM... the sound are branding in my brain.. LOL.

Here the 3pp ambient sound.

I hope to more servers with 1pp in Vanilla on official branch.

3pp are nice to make RP or Funny things. (IMO)

• Like 2

Queue the music Squeezorz!

...and people complain about gun smoke being too thick.. thinking a stamina system will drive people away.. "come on you boring hardcore advocates, it's a game, it's supposed to be fun", "I think the running speed is fine", "3rd person emulates peripheral view and situational awareness". 

Do you you want to know why the the game has mediocre reviews, why the player base is shrinking by the hour, why so many people outside the die hard DayZ fan club couldn't give less of a shit about .63, or has even heard about this upcoming patch? You have the answer above.

The next patch can change 95% of the game down to it's absolute core, but if the new stamina system and added inertia does not eradicate the ability to do this Benny Hill bullshit, the game will die. This right here is what is driving people away.

Please BI, recognize this major, crucial, fucking pivotal issue and slow things down. If this is not gone in .63, no player controller, breathing- or injured animation will change the game enough in the positive direction that is needed. If you can still erratically sprint like this, even if limited to 20-30 sec, when .63 is released (the short clip I have seen showing the new inertia has not fully convinced me), many potential and valuable long term players will lose faith, and might never regain it.

I know I probably sound like an evangelical pastor, stating or preaching imaginary facts, but I wholeheartedly believe this.

How, in the biggest of the worlds entire arsenal of fucks, this is not considered a fact and how the community has not been violently screaming for this to change for the last couple of years is stranger to me than Scientology, or pineapple on pizza.

Also... DEATH TO 3PP!!!

I just checked out the status report. They are once again addressing it. Ignore me and my rants, I am a psycho..

Peace and love, or whatnot 

What they did originally was that they were working on DayZ, but then started working on DayZ 2 instead. I wonder if they will decide to work on DayZ 3 instead, "Oh the game took so long to develop, and technology stepped so far forward, and our engine is too old now, we have to switch engines once again". Money has been paid already anyway, so whatever lol they are perfectly valid to ignore the expectations completely.

Really didn't believe that when people used to say this a few years ago, but it is becoming the truth.

At least the game wouldn't be in its most boring, and lifeless state it has ever been in this stagnation time.

So the advice would be just to call it DayZ 2.0 when it is released, because thats exactly what is happening. DayZ has been killed in 2015. And the reborn will practically be 2.0.