Sign in to follow this  
petertohen

broken binoculars

Hello fellow players. While looting earlier today I noticed that the binoculars can be "opened"/"closed", like any item that can hold other items in your inventory. I tried placing a variety if items inside but I didnt find anything that worked. Does it actually hold anything, or is this a bug, or a plan for future content (i.e. combine it with the rangefinder or add a rope to hold it around your neck)? Thanks!

• Like 1

Well I am going to guess that it's a glitch. I'm not sure what feature for a binocular would require an "open/close" option other than perhaps for taking the lens caps off but they are old school russian binocs in dayz that don't look as if they ever would have caps anyway and i would doubt the devs would bother messing around with any sort of official container system for the binoculars. I can only think of this type of glitch >> Did you maybe have an item in your hands before you were holding the binoculars that has an open close function and maybe the game did something wacky there with the strange lag that can happen when using items sometimes.

I know i have certainly had weird problems like the one i suggested with items in the past with the weird "item lag" that can happen

• Like 1