Ak mr blonde

Game randomly freezes my whole PC during gameplay

This weird issue happens a couple times a night when playing DayZ. After about an hour or so my whole computer will freeze, even the sound. I cant Alt-tab out, i cant CTRL-ALT-Delete to the task manager. But after about 2 minutes itll unfreeze and everything will be all good. i This is the only game this happens to me on. ive ran it on 32 and 64 bit. ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game. my drivers are up to date. anyone else having this issue?

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Ak mr blonde said:

This weird issue happens a couple times a night when playing DayZ. After about an hour or so my whole computer will freeze, even the sound. I cant Alt-tab out, i cant CTRL-ALT-Delete to the task manager. But after about 2 minutes itll unfreeze and everything will be all good. i This is the only game this happens to me on. ive ran it on 32 and 64 bit. ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game. my drivers are up to date. anyone else having this issue?

Thanks! 

No I don't have this issue. Could be overheating. Do you monitor the heat of your CPU and GPU? CPUID HWMonitor is a good program for monitoring your system.

17 hours ago, nl said:

No I don't have this issue. Could be overheating. Do you monitor the heat of your CPU and GPU? CPUID HWMonitor is a good program for monitoring your system.

Yeah i have in the past, but my GPU and CPU never got into hot temperatures, and my fans were not working to hard to keep up with the cooling. so i didnt find it necassary to keep the overlay up with my temps. But when i play tonight i will monitor the temps closely and see if there is a correlation.  

4 hours ago, Ak mr blonde said:

Yeah i have in the past, but my GPU and CPU never got into hot temperatures, and my fans were not working to hard to keep up with the cooling. so i didnt find it necassary to keep the overlay up with my temps. But when i play tonight i will monitor the temps closely and see if there is a correlation.  

Those fans not ramping up could be the actual problem :p Of course, things can change in a system and temps that were before low could now be high because of faulty fans, old thermal paste, dust build up in heat sinks, bad cable mangement. Also take a look at processes running in the background, CPU usage, RAM usage (does it get to 100%). Maybe gives us your system specs?

5 hours ago, nl said:

Those fans not ramping up could be the actual problem :p Of course, things can change in a system and temps that were before low could now be high because of faulty fans, old thermal paste, dust build up in heat sinks, bad cable mangement. Also take a look at processes running in the background, CPU usage, RAM usage (does it get to 100%). Maybe gives us your system specs?

it happened again and my CPU and GPU temps were 49'C and 50'C. my fans do ramp up the way they should, and if they dont i can press a button to make them go full blast I have a MSI Dominator Pro gaming laptop. it has a GTX 1060 6GB vram, 8 GB of ram, CPU: i7 6700 k, and i have the game install on a Pcie SSD drive. i have most of my background programs shut off, the ones that stay on is the killer internet software, nahimic audio, and shadowplay. im constantly recording, so maybe ill make a clip of it next time it happens.

Edited by Ak mr blonde

2 hours ago, Ak mr blonde said:

it happened again and my CPU and GPU temps were 49'C and 50'C. my fans do ramp up the way they should, and if they dont i can press a button to make them go full blast I have a MSI Dominator Pro gaming laptop. it has a GTX 1060 6GB vram, 8 GB of ram, CPU: i7 6700 k, and i have the game install on a Pcie SSD drive. i have most of my background programs shut off, the ones that stay on is the killer internet software, nahimic audio, and shadowplay. im constantly recording, so maybe ill make a clip of it next time it happens.

Those temps seem fine. Hard to give you more tips. Maybe some process is freezing your SSD temporarily or fills your RAM? Does it happen when you turn off shadowplay? Do you also constantly record the games that do not freeze? Could it be a pagefile that gets full because of recording? I am stretching here.