Baroness

To the Devs. Love, The Village.

On behalf of everyone here at @barelyinfected's Village, I would like to say a few words to you. A few affectionate, loving words of appreciation in these challenging times where everything seems to appear gloomy and pessimistic. 

However splendid your work and efforts have been, there are still major undertakings that will need to be tackled, and that is no easy task. But know this; we are here, and we are saluting all the hard work that you do.

The Village has been a congregation of everything that is wonderful about DayZ. A daily reminder that amidst all the hate, all the negative, you still have a grand community that is here to support you while you are fighting the good fight, working extremely hard on 0.63. 

We will champion the DayZ cause until everything irons itself out.

As René would say......

Keep on surviving! 

Love, The Village

DKlpNMxWkAAL6o1.jpg

Edited by Baroness
  • Like 24

Well said, Baroness.

We, The Queen's Guard, who have pledged to protect the peaceful village community and its allies, salute you all!

• Like 6

I can't wait until it is future! In the meanwhile the Village lives on. 

DayZ is already by far the best game I've ever played. Thanks for everything!

René

• Like 8

100% with Baroness on this.

Personally (and with this I do not try to make any spam or promotion, but it is simply what happened to me), with Dayz Village Server I was able to enjoy all those things that Dayz offers and that really make it the best survival game. The use of radios (and not external communication systems) as one of the main axis of immersion, help and complement between survivors for a common purpose (meeting people from Saudi Arabia to Brasil), the need to devise common mechanisms against the different enemies (bandits, hunger, weather), and many other things. Things that maybe a little blurred in other servers when we usually play under the eternal cycle of: Join your Friends -> Loot -> Kill / Die -> Repeat. And all this not being an RP server (that is, without forcing any kind of behavior or modifying the vanilla experience)

With more than 3k hours in the game, I thought he had exhausted most of his virtues, but fortunately I was wrong.

And this just put more expectation in what can arrive with BETA and the development before it hits.

• Like 3

The Village has been a grand experiment

They've endured everything DayZ, and some things outside of DayZ that can be thrown at them and come through with good grace, camaraderie, humour and unending stoicism

Through hell and high water they've stuck by each other, supported each other and everyone has helped, from the village elders, the guards and the new visitors

Constant attacks from adversarial groups and individuals have been endured and repelled and the fallen honoured

This is DayZ at it's best

This is surviving

• Like 7

I salute you guys for still playing.... I was burnt out on .62 a looooong time ago.

Anyway, glad you found something you like to keep the motivation to play going.

DayZ has pretty much only known controversy and adversity so sadly that's nothing new.

It takes people who understand the process and believe in the development teams vision and skills to weather the storm.

• Like 5

Fully agreed! The future of this great game is going to be very positive! The DayZ Village shows the amazing community that is hiding beneath the negative comments and hate that we see so much of as of late, sadly. Hopefully .63 and beyond will make the community realize how great this game really is. ;)

Stay safe!

-TikTac'

• Like 5

I'm also on board this ship dayz standalone for the long haul, not like others who have abandoned ship, while the developers damage control team are working to save the ship.    

• Like 4

although dayz has a smaller community now, we are stronger than we have ever been, because those of us who are still here, we are the true believers 

• Like 3

I think this is super nice to give this bright warm beam of love to the devs, and must be a nice idea for this game overall. I salute devs for their hardwork and nice results as well, but I can not feel the same about bad decissions and bad results, which are unfortunatelly also existing in current DayZ.

Sorry for this, but after reading this thread, I thought about this :)

• Like 1

Still good to see small communities around making the best of what we have for now. It will only get better over time, like most things even arma 3 wasn't all that great compared when it started.
we shall see, been to the village a few times it wasn't perfect by any means but using what they have at their reach was good for what it was.
Keep up the great work guys.

• Like 2

Even in the last patch running on legacy DayZ, it is good to see so many dedicated players come together to test the one thing not dependent on development speed--the camaraderie and organizational skills of the players themselves.

A big thanks to Bohemia, Barely Infected, and Spaggie for making this experiment possible.  Hopefully we can continue to apply the concept of the village throughout the home stretch of development and see what this game can become.

• Like 7

Hello everyone, My name is Hardtailstingray

To the Dev's and anyone else involved in the making of such a...... a cool game, well, more than cool it's a game you just can't win, it's intriguing, there's no end game if you know what i mean, well of course you know what i mean you realized what i have experienced from the beginning.

Anyway, I salute all of you. Well done. Let me tell you a little about Hardtail and his life through "The Dayz Experience".

In the beginning I was very friendly, probably for about 2000 hours i was very friendly, i met some people, some that i still hang out with in TS or Discord today, I died a great many times being friendly, still learning on "what" servers to be friendly on and which one's "not" to be friendly on. So back to the beginning, My son calls me up and Say's "DAD" !!! you have to buy this game called dayz, It's sooo cool, just buy it so we can play your gonna love it.

So i did,  around the 2000hr mark my son just QUIT, cause he was tired of being kos'd. He just couldn't do it anymore, But i kept going, i think because of the interactions i had in game, i believe that's what kept me interested enough to keep running back or looting, (Looting in this game is awesome by the way). The harder you guys made it the more i fought back saying "I CAN LIVE HERE", i can do this. (You aren't going to get the best of me) ; )

One day While in game i met a streamer named Snafti, Well if meeting someone at VMC that actually talked to you and didn't kill you wasn't cool enough, I just happened to run into Snafti a streamer. who introduced me to his chat where i found (Jenko) Quite possibly the Coolest Brit I've ever met, I've met a lot in Dayz and your all cool, just not as cool as Jenko_90. ; ) well she invited me to her TS where i started on a journey i am still on today at almost 8K hours. Jenko (Who also streams) is a blast to hang out with in dayz or just to hang out with in the chat. (Simply amazing) we would travel the land meeting players, killing when we needed too, but always trying to meet other players on the coast. it was all great fun. Now, just when you think you've done it all in Dayz. and find yourself asking what do i do today, Rene (BarelyInfected) comes along and as far as im concerned just ahead of all the rest and does the impossible. Great job Rene What a great job you did making this work. I'll tell ya, I'm 55 years old and i have great, fond, wonderful memory's from this game and the people i have met through it, that i feel i have done a horrible injustice to all of you by not letting know how much of my life this game has contributed too, by people, real life people. ya know, just like (in-game) real life is all about the people around you and how you interact with them. It's what makes you who you are. So thank you Dev's, thank you Dayz. 

Edited by hardtailstingray62
  • Like 5

Just saw your letter in the new SR Baroness! Cant wait to get together with you and your group once .63 hits.. because I will definitely be in dayz on that day.

:)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Irish. said:

Just saw your letter in the new SR Baroness! Cant wait to get together with you and your group once .63 hits.. because I will definitely be in dayz on that day.

:)

Irish! We play on the Village nowadays, just me and emu tho, each doing our own thing! :) You are welcome to join, it's fabulous :)

Hello everyone.
I was wondering what kind of server The Village is, like (casual) roleplay.
And what kind of rules the server has, if any?
I hope someone can help me answer this or provide a link to the info.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, _GoUp_ said:

Hello everyone.
I was wondering what kind of server The Village is, like (casual) roleplay.
And what kind of rules the server has, if any?
I hope someone can help me answer this or provide a link to the info.

Thanks!

Hello, here:

http://barelyinfected.com/news/

• Like 1

Hello guys!

I have finally few minutes for forum today (I travel a lot between our offices, sorry for delay, I feel really bad for it).

Thank you. For everything. You care and that is amazing. You are the great community and we love you.

I know it is sometimes really hard to run the village, because of kids who are destroying the village when you are in the work. But it will be better in the future, I promise!

And... I have a SMALL (not 0.63) surprise for you tomorrow. But psssst. Wait for it. :)

xxx

tenor.gif

• Like 9

I would move the village to the Lopatino castele, and fortify it there with military tents, AFAIK you can totally isolate it from inside!

• Like 1

On 9/26/2017 at 0:01 PM, meatmun said:

although dayz has a smaller community now, we are stronger than we have ever been, because those of us who are still here, we are the true believers 

There are benefits of having a smaller player pop right now.  The quality of players and interactions (be it through talking, shooting, or anything in between) has significantly increased in the last year or so.

For example, just look at the success of "RP- encouraged" servers. It wasn't all that long ago that this 'organic middle ground' concept was seen as a curious oddity that was incredibly difficult to create and maintain. Servers were mostly classified as either PvP with KoS seen as standard procedure, or RP servers with many rules governing how you interact and when you could start firing your weapon, and anything that happened naturally in between those two extremes was considered pure luck. 

Before DayZ mod exploded in popularity and the player count went through the roof towards the end of the summer in 2012, the term 'RP-encouraged' may not have existed, but that mode was by far the most common. Why was that? Because the mod at that time had a large portion of players that approached the game from an ArmA  mindset and perspective, and their presence helped acclimate may new players to a similar approach (one that often was very different from anything they had played before).  This ArmA mindset is not easy to define - part of it was looking at the game in a TvT way with bandits, heroes, and survivors finding each other and interactions and combat were determined more about the context and situation more than a simple 'predator/prey/rare helpful soul' model. As the player count grew and grew, the chances of new players learning from the ArmA veterans decreased. There simply were too many new people coming in for the existing players to influence. Slowly over time, the 'default' way to approach DayZ shifted away from that 'RP-encouraged' concept, and the idea that PvP vs RP was primarily an either/or decision came about.

If a new player came to DayZ (either in mod or SA form), how they learn to play and look at the game is determined by the experiences they have with other players they encounter. If all they know is from years of PvP games with kills and carnage galore, their perspective will be heavily influenced by that. All the interesting videos of cool interactions may have attracted them to the game, but if 99% of the MP games they played were centered around 'find gun, see guy, kill guy,' it's often a lot harder to figure out how to find/make that cool stuff happen, when most of the server is populated by those of similar backgrounds.   

So RP servers came around, but it seemed that many found engagement rules and restricting access were really the only way to handle the whole KoS problem on RP servers, which eventually reinforced the 'kumbaya" stereotype, making the idea of a balance between PvP and RP appear even more unlikely. 

But finally, over the last year, I see more and more people getting this whole RP-encouraged idea and actively seeking it out, and those that always favored that concept encouraging it further. To keep things going in this direction, you need good, active admins in charge to handle the riff-raff. This has increased the value of a server with good admins, since more people are seeing just how much better a well-admined server is. 

The devs may be responsible for the quality of the code, but even if that code is perfect, it's the players and admins that determine the style and quality of the experience. I'd take 6-8k concurrent players that are open to whatever DayZ has to offer every time than have 60k players, 90% of which are just here because it's popular and play it like it's PUBG/BF/CoD/etc with a bigger map with loot storage.  

So, when .63 comes, and the player pop blows up with new and returning players, its in all our interests to do what we can to acclimate them back into the DayZ mindset. It doesn't really matter what your particular idea of what the 'DayZ mindset' is - the fact that you're here reading this means that you almost certainly believe that DayZ can provide something that no other game can.

You want crazy adventures? You want big faction battles? You want political intrigue and dangerous nighttime raids and heists? You want meaning to your characters life and death - something more than just gear up, shoot, and respawn? Do you want to be part of some incredible moment that gets shared and talked about for years? MAKE IT HAPPEN. Get a bus. Find random people. Get weird.  Drive a herd of cattle into Stary Sobor in the middle of two other squads fighting. Go to the NWAF with nothing but pens in your inventory and run the length of the runway, knowing that when they loot your body, they will talk about you for months.  Find the new people. Teach them. Scare the hell out of them. Find the people have been around for ages, and go do something EPIC. Go fishing. Teach a noob to fish. Beat him to death with the fish they caught while accusing them of being an enemy agent of the moon people. Get serious. Go full on spec ops hardcore milsim, get some people, and go get revenge on that faction that keeps killing you. When the people who are waiting for 63 to come back to the game, we gotta show them what they have been missing on the player side of things.  

edit: lol, apologies, I got a bit carried away there at the end. What can I say? I love DayZ, and having servers like the Village around and doing so well just makes me happy.

Edited by chambersenator
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

And... I have a SMALL (not 0.63) surprise for you tomorrow. But psssst. Wait for it. :)

woohoo!!!!!!!

Edited by Baroness