Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.142080

Hello guys, 

We are moving the latest EXP update to Stable branch now.

A server crash caused by players is fixed now.

Thank you for your attention and have a nice day! 

Day-z-hands-in-the-air-dancing-hands-up-

• Like 12

That's some old ass footage right there, M4 with a bayonet.

33 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

So friendly, very dance!

Thanks!

We all know it's fake. They all murdered each other after the last frame.

• Like 2

oooh nice.. so like uh, whats init ? just a crash fix ?

I have not played dayz for a while, i think i might jump on cause i have never actually dabbled in cannibalism and eaten anyone in game yet and there is some people in RL that have been pissing me off lately so i might pretend its them in game and eat them..

yes, yesss lets do that..

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

oooh nice.. so like uh, whats init ? just a crash fix ?

I have not played dayz for a while, i think i might jump on cause i have never actually dabbled in cannibalism and eaten anyone in game yet and there is some people in RL that have been pissing me off lately so i might pretend its them in game and eat them..

yes, yesss lets do that..

Haha lol, but yea just a fix for a server crash exploit.

Finally!

At last I found some time to jump in for some random bits of mischief on Stable last night....

Had a character with exactly what I considered to be the most "efficient" gear for the type of player I am....and was heading down from the north to the coast.

Started raining....and I decided to keep running until I saw the "shaking" status at which point I would lay up, make a fire, and recover.....

But...left it a bit late...and then forgot which structures were ok to make a campfire in! I actually have never been in need of a fire during a major downpour, so instead of giving up and just sitting under a few big trees and doing it that way, I decided to mindlessly run around in a medium sized town trying to get a kit placed in whatever building I thought I could.

You are Hypothermic.....

You are Dead.....

I am Sad..... hehehehe

So...Until Beta drops and hopefully this becomes a non-issue...can someone just give me a quick rundown of which structures allow the fireplace kit? (I will do my own experimenting but just hoping for the lazy solution first).

Thanks guys.

• Like 2

Fireplaces in House:

Generally to 50% from all little Houses.(houses with only 1floor walkable)

The only 2 floor house with Fireplace are the Wooden-Hunting-House  "Forest-Party-House" (stay in the camp areas).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, philbur said:

So...Until Beta drops and hopefully this becomes a non-issue...can someone just give me a quick rundown of which structures allow the fireplace kit? (I will do my own experimenting but just hoping for the lazy solution first).

Yeah I hope they think twice about that feature. In my opinion I hate it if dayz god tells me Im not able to place my firekit where I want to. I want to decide if its to dangerous to light a fire in a house or not. It´s my story, isn´t it? And if Im near to death because of cold temperatures I wouldnt mind if the structure burns down if I can stay alive.

• Like 4

fire can be made in the rain almost everywhere in the forest, well you have to try something. the soil does not play an important role. So it should really be possible to make a fire in every building with "concrete or stone floor". (in a relatively small appliance / wood garage ,fire work fine, but it is forbidden in the huge darkgreen wooden barn). We will see, these are sure things can be adapted quickly.

Add: 

All the apartments and high-rise buildings in the cities are completely "fire-free" actually very bad, as these have some fantastic backyards which could be made with little base building to magnificent bases. I think, for example, at the wells surrounded by apartments and walls in Chernogorsk at the container port entrance. perhaps this is the chance for the stone-oven because it is safe, and with the stamina and weight system is not as easy to get as now.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1

Haven't played for a while, started the game up, it threw me into a server. I had a shotgun from last time, so I made sure it was loaded, pressing "3" to use the buckshot on my hotbar. Turns out when I tried to reload from the hotbar, it would fire the shotgun, silently, and without depleting my ammunition. Thought someone was shooting at me to begin with. I was able to kill a few zombies like this, confirming it was actually firing projectiles. The zeds didn't seem to know where the shots were coming from. Weird. Relogged just now and things are back to normal.

Edited by -Gews-
  • Like 4