Mr.Rip

Recoil in 0.63

**I am aware that everything from gamescom is subject to change and not the final product. Just wanna bring it up for convo.**

So i just wanna put this out there something i noticed from the footage at gamescom.

When they aim down sight and fire the weapon the weapon itself recoils and moves but so does the camera and not just a bit. A lot. I can only imagine what multiple consecutive shots would look like. I can understand a slight jar in the camera but not that much. Compared to 0.62 and arma3 its an enormous amount. I am very well aware that everything from gamescom is subject to change and im sure things will in fact change but I just wanted to bring this up and see what other people think about it. 

I put some links down below to show the difference. They'll go directly to what im talkin about. Shout out to whoever videos i used. Just needed to show examples.

Gamescom footage:

https://youtu.be/LgquR7cg_c8?t=3m42s

Current(ish) Dayz SA

https://youtu.be/LNxFC0-mTm8?t=4m20s

• Like 1

In the Gamescom build the camera was linked to gun model axis. According to some interviews this shouldn't be the case for 0.63 build.

1 hour ago, Blafirelli said:

In the Gamescom build the camera was linked to gun model axis. According to some interviews this shouldn't be the case for 0.63 build.

Source? Am a bit skeptical.But i'm all for it not being the case for .63. It just looks jarring to me.

48 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Source? Am a bit skeptical.But i'm all for it not being the case for .63. It just looks jarring to me.

Unfortunatly i can't find it, but i'm sure i either heard or read it somewhere.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't think it's supposed to be like that. Watching the Gamescom footage you can see that even when your character reloads, you're still looking down the sights and it looks pretty goofy. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that. That being the case, it's reasonable to assume that the recoil isn't working as intended.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2017 at 1:56 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Don't go off half cocked, 63 isn't here yet.

LOL you trollin old man? hehe

I just read your comments from another topic, I cant blame you for it honestly.

The camera in GC DEMO was old. We have a new one. I hope devs will talk about it in the next SR.

• Like 5