beatSTV

Modding and Engine update

Hello all,

Very very very long time no speak. Can someone give me an update to when modding is being implemented (most importantly loot spawn rates etc..)

Cheers

Beats

33 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

Devs say maybe next patch (0.63/Beta) but it's not 100%.

Well they did say over and over again that with BETA comes modding... so there is that, considering that they said over and over again that 0.63 is BETA.

But all things considered.. dont hold your breath, it will be a few months at the soonest I fear.

When our children grows up.

PS  i would love loot to come back to the coast, so maybe interactions would too

But we grew up, most likely it will be harder and harder to find time for games, lets hope our children will play DayZ :D, some maybe will be even so talented and life-free that they will even mod something.

Ok, now to be serious. I really hope that 0.63 will not be streatching much more, but seems like it will as recent SR didn't say anything promising (correct me if I'm wrong, I briefly read them now, used to be excited when development wasn't so stalled). However, it has been said that iterations in Beta stage will be rolling out in decent rate, like monthly or even weekly. That should bring back some life.

Hi and welcome back,

you can find the most interesting bits in the Status Reports located here:

https://forums.dayz.com/forum/134-developer-discussion-status-reports/

All stable patches and the changes are listed here:

https://forums.dayz.com/forum/137-stable-patch-discussion/

This will give you the complete overview, if you have the time to read up on it.

• Like 2

thanks for the replies my homies as when the loot tables are moddable I will be rejoining the fold.

Nice to see you are still here kichilron I remember you :)

Edited by beatSTV
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

(correct me if I'm wrong, I briefly read them now, used to be excited when development wasn't so stalled). 

Twas wonderful times back in the mod when we would get an update/ constant new mods offering new and exciting experiences I miss it 

At some point after beta, once all the basic parts are done pretty sure shortly after there will be modding. The need alone to draw back a player base to actually might be a determining factor in how long they are putting this build together. From the gamescon footage alone you can see how unfinished it was, but to put that kind of build out to public would be a mistake/ disaster.
Most people don't seem to understand what work in progress means.

I will say once modding comes around just having a new map alone will bring back many more players. From the stagnating factor that is the primary map. the lack of loot can be down to how flip flop they are with what they want to do with the loot economy. we shall see though what happens.