Sign in to follow this  
Cmdr. HyperWASP

One Tapped By A Zombie with full health and blood?

I was at NWAF with my friend and a zombie was chasing my friend so I went to help. I hit the zombie with an axe once and the zombie swung at my friend who was in the opposite direction of me but the zombie somehow hit me while its back was facing me. I died with so much loot. I had a full set of Ghillie and a AK with mags. You have no idea how angry I am as I am typing this.

Let me be the first to say what you should already know: alpha and never get attached to your gear.

should've let your friend deal with the zombie he aggro'd.  he'll learn to stop setting them off.

13 hours ago, Cmdr. HyperWASP said:

... the zombie swung at my friend who was in the opposite direction of me but the zombie somehow hit me while its back was facing me.

The hands are the damage dealing parts.

Example... zombie hand damage - time 1:44 - 2:05

• Like 1

Bad luck but you should've known that Zombies can onetap you, especially wolves, so u need try not to mess with them so much. Suppressed pistol is ur best friend.

Edited by exacomvm
  • Like 1

One thing to remember about the zombies in this patch, is that their first attack of a windmill style is both the longest ranged, and strongest attack.

ALWAYS dodge their dash attacks, then whomp them during their overswing for the kill.

There is nothing I hate more than a fresh set of leather clothing getting downgraded by one bad hit from a zombie.  Come to think of it, I haven't died to zombies once since I started wearing leather clothing.  A couple times by wolves, maybe, but I'd sooner blame the ten beers...

• Like 3

On 9/11/2017 at 3:26 AM, Cmdr. HyperWASP said:

I was at NWAF with my friend and a zombie was chasing my friend so I went to help. I hit the zombie with an axe once and the zombie swung at my friend who was in the opposite direction of me but the zombie somehow hit me while its back was facing me. I died with so much loot. I had a full set of Ghillie and a AK with mags. You have no idea how angry I am as I am typing this.

It can happen

Life is Hell.   Evil exists.

xx

Edited by pilgrim*
~

21 hours ago, ImageCtrl said:

Hidden state bone fracture was low. Use from time to time a splint.

https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Character_Status#Bones

I have tried it. And it didn't work for me. Have died from one Zombie hit anyway.

The cure is just stop playing this game, till it is playable already. It was more playable when I had 15-30fps before 0.6 iteration and before I got a new PC for myself.

Seems like the game is delibarately is frozen it its worst state ever, so nobody will play, and then Devs will try to bring it back to life, when theoretically large part of the userbase will have updated their computers lol

Dayz2020.com 

4 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

I have tried it. And it didn't work for me. Have died from one Zombie hit anyway.

The cure is just stop playing this game, till it is playable already. It was more playable when I had 15-30fps before 0.6 iteration and before I got a new PC for myself.

Seems like the game is delibarately is frozen it its worst state ever, so nobody will play, and then Devs will try to bring it back to life, when theoretically large part of the userbase will have updated their computers lol

Dayz2020.com 

OK - you want the zombs to be 100% predictable.

Me - I'm  hoping for variety in zombies, so they are UN-Predictable - Maybe every so often - just occasionally -  one that could run faster (than you), or one carrying a rock or a pitchfork, or maybe a zomb that can figure how to open doors?.. or one that instead of running around the house howling, would keep kicking and beating on a door until it broke in .. and some zombies stronger, a BAD mean zombie,  and also some weaker, obviously. A zomb that jumps on your back and clings on? Maybe one that tries holds on the end of your weapon when you hit it?  Less PREDICTABILITY means more danger and more variety in gameplay, means less "boredom".

And SO: what killed the original poster? Hey - BOREDOM  killed him. What he "expected" killed him.
That happens a lot in real combat - right?

So what's his TRUE complaint? - Here's a guy who is in a military base ARMED with an AK and "LOADS" of clips but he  CAN'T take down ONE Zombie??  did he panic? Has he never fired a gun before? Is this his first time out on a live patrol? Did he try to John Wayne it from inexperience? Something happened unexpected .. ? Combat is hell.  How many stories have you heard from the Trenches to Vietnam of people who died in DUMB ways? 

- Who's fault is that? The dude EXPECTED 100% to take out another "all-same-same" zombie with his axe.. so, just maybe,  he's a FOOL ?? -  he thought he was TOTALLY SAFE playing in a in a NICE SAFE GAME, in a safe SPACE were you can TELL where danger comes from, nothing is unexpected, everything is clockwork, everything is predictable... 
He was carrying an AK only for his FPS fun (in his mind-set). It didn't even cross his thoughts there could be other dangers in this game?

Of COURSE he could have dropped that zomb with ZERO Risk, he had an AK with a full mag. <good grief>

- blame the zombie, right? "must be something wrong with the zomb must be something wrong with BI must be something wrong with the game."

Really - Hey folks, do you WANT these zombies to be EFFING Dangerous or NOT?

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Like 3

There is just no logic in bones status without any warnings, and being instantly killed by one punch like being shot in a head. And it is predictable, because it happens often now. Hopefully 0.63 will be a playable game again.

Someone will always find an excuse for anything. 

55 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

There is just no logic in bones status without any warnings, and being instantly killed by one punch like being shot in a head. And it is predictable, because it happens often now. Hopefully 0.63 will be a playable game again.

Someone will always find an excuse for anything. 

so you ARE looking for SAFE zombies. I thought so !  - heh 

deathly bone break... possible with Zombie... and this are ONEHIT (platecarrier have here no prodection)

http://media1.bildschirmarbeiter.com/dl/a5205109c0a4f3a210f926605da045ab/59b830a7/videos/14-01-howto-genick-brechen.mp4

Edit:

Only as "gametechnical" why can such a thing happen.

Edited by Sqeezorz

7 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

Seems like the game is incidentally is frozen it its worst state ever, so nobody will play, and then Devs will try to bring it back to life, when theoretically large part of the userbase will have updated their computers lol

FTFY

This patch is the one most cobbled together between the old systems and new tech.  It's a wonder that it is working at all. But yes, you can relish the knowledge that this will likely have been the worst patch in DayZ history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

so you ARE looking for SAFE zombies. I thought so !  - heh 

Not really. But for me it is a bit like breaking legs while walking down the stairs, which, IIRIC, was a bug. If it is about the bones structure, it shouldn't be instant kill. I would understand if one significantly bigger than other zombies would come with a sledge hammer would smash it in your head, but not with those typical passive zombie swings. If they kill, then maybe they should do it like Mike Tyson, or with some kind of exotic kick lol I'm not against difficult zombies, I would actually love "boss" zombies, or even mutants lol like in FarCRy one last level haha Thoughts for modders....

19 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

FTFY

This patch is the one most cobbled together between the old systems and new tech.  It's a wonder that it is working at all. But yes, you can relish the knowledge that this will likely have been the worst patch in DayZ history.

Yeah maybe, but I wish it was already designed to be as fun as possible, but now it seems to have been left to idle at very low revs. it is about time to rev it high with 0.63. 

And 0.62 was mostly just graphics, so technically we are probably almost a year on 0.61.

Edited by Mantasisg

3 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

And 0.62 was mostly just graphics, so technically we are probably almost a year on 0.61.

I think they put all the AI on the new player controller as well, that's why zombies hit you from 1.5 meters away and push you through walls.  But yeah, this patch appears to have basically crammed in anything that didn't rely on the new tech, just to get it in the game and tested on a large scale.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2017 at 2:08 PM, Mantasisg said:

Dayz2020.com 

It is deliberately frozen. *sigh* I believe I told you before, read up on development, read the Status Reports to avoid dumb comments like this one. Get with the program.

And I told you before, we don't need this negative DayZ2020.com kind of bullshit here, go do that at the Steam reviews. Either get your shit together or fuck off.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, IMT said:

It is deliberately frozen. *sigh*
..//..
Either get your "background research organized" or "you may possibly experience untoward consequences".

That's what the man said.

I run DayZ today on an AMD Dual Core.  I have a nice GPU. Everything is hunky-dory.

I have been one-tapped by a zombie when "Healthy".  That was a while ago.  I'm more cautious now.
One important designer-aspect of this game is that sometimes it is really a pisser.

I would like to complain and rant and moan and rant and er .. rant..  about the RAIN please..
Are we frozen in European Climate Change Autumn for ever? Is this what Romania is REALLY like? (you poor BI s@dz, no wonder you're always in the office) 
How about 14 hours of blinding daylight, shorts and beachwear, and heavy SUNBURN hits ?
& Parasols? Suncream for survival?
< sigh, this is a joke, OK>
Shouldn't the zombies stand in the shade? Why don't they attract flies?
Anyone seen ANY barrels on Official?  - JUST STOP hoarding them you EVIL nerds !

xxp

ps I think their is a LOT of balancing and economy WORK and testing going on right now - this is why BI now run their own Official servers  <and pay for that themselves>. This vital "EQUILIBRIUM" stuff cant be detailed in the updates and progress reports because it is COMPLICATED and does not produce any one-liners or daily changes. But I think it's a MAIN Key to what is going on at BI for the game AND the players right now. The progress updates must stick to reporting technical elements because those are tech, obvious, defined, pre-designed, timetabled. But the SHAPE & STYLE of the game - the FEELING for the range of different play-styles -  is the BIG crunch in the long term. IMO.   

Same happened to me as well recently. My character had bright green hydrated and energized. But hey, it was funny :) Also I agree with pilgrim that zeds should have different levels of strength and damage. I and others have noticed this in the game 0.62 already. Some zeds are easy to kill, some of them are harder, and some zeds do more damage. That made me be more careful and I like that.

• Like 1