Sign in to follow this  
Mookie (original)

Well that's a bit weird

Twice in the past 24 hours I've opened up the game via Steam and then pootled around on YouTube or whatever while it loads up.

Then I've alt-tabbed into the game and I'm already on a server.

Thankfully I'm a sensible logger-outter and am not standing in the middle of Tisy or anything, but still...

Is this an undocumented 'feature' of a recent patch?

• Like 1

Maybe it's simply a case of your button clicks registering in the game and in the browser at the same time.

You're typing fan fiction or browsing that adult content and you press enter. 

Voila, you've posted to fetish for Coulter dot com and logged into your last server.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Maybe it's simply a case of your button clicks registering in the game and in the browser at the same time.

You're typing fan fiction or browsing that adult content and you press enter. 

Voila, you've posted to fetish for Coulter dot com and logged into your last server.

say - yo get that too?  Ain't life just hell !.. now someone keeps spamming me with ads for a rubber gasmask with chrome studs

In fct I've had Steam acting up too today, several times.. had to log in a couple of times, then it cant find DayZ, then it redownloads without asking and sticks at 3% for 10 mins, so I decide to can it - close, open,  then for once Steam loads and runs DZ ok, I stand under a pine tree for half an hour waiting for the TORRENTIAL rain to let up, but it don't, so I log out and shut down.  AND.. same-same, next time I join I jump from "play Dayz" to a black screen to being in the middle of a game  -  I think it's maybe their Steam Server Overheating Saturday. = Its getting cold outside, & wet, & it's Saturday - lot of folk on Steam today: too many. Anyone under 20 should be banned.

:)) no seriously !

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Like 1

This exact thing happened to me yesterday, and I lost my established character on The Village.  I can only assume that I logged in punching, or that the anarchic denizens of that village truly have no respect for the man who brings home the beef.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, emuthreat said:

This exact thing happened to me yesterday, and I lost my established character on The Village.  I can only assume that I logged in punching, or that the anarchic denizens of that village truly have no respect for the man who brings home the beef.

i logged in punching a tree 100 times this afternoon, unable to stop  -  it took a while of messing with different keys to quieten myself down.
Is this a known thing?

Edited by pilgrim*
~

4 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

i logged in punching a tree 100 times this afternoon, unable to stop  -  it took a while of messing with different keys to quieten myself down.
Is this a known thing?

I believe so.  I haven't submitted any bug reports since around the time they made matches destroy vehicles.

Space bar and left click seem to do the trick.  Make sure any nearby friends take cover if your game crashes while you have an automatic rifle in hands....

• Like 1