MorphineBP

Player can PUSH vehicle

Hey guys,

As you know the collision system related to vehicle is currently very frustrating. Your vehicle can be easily blocked on some stone wall, trees, rocks... or worse. Not necessarily damaged ! Just stucked on something.

You've added a debug feature to destroy vecs. What would be good is adding also a similar feature allowing player to push any vehicle. By that I mean moving the vec just a few meters away, in order to unblock/unbug it. 

I don't think this is something difficult to add. And it's something already existing on similar games. A way to help player going around stupid collision situation.

Nothing more frustrating than abandoning a pristine vec just because of some random collision bug.

What do you think about that ?

It would make all the vehicle gameplay a little less broken.

Edited by MorphineBP
  • Like 4

Agree. Since irl u can push ur car.
But u need to learn to drive also, i've never had issues with vehicles in dayz. Probs u went full speed and lost control then "slided" into a tree or something, some cars handles pretty bad at full speed.

Edited by exacomvm

Dude.... you don't need to go fast or lost control to stuck a car, there are collision issues... how can you be oblivious to that ? I'm playing also on servers 1PP only. I'm sure you will have way more "issues" if you do the same. No OP camera to help you, you can't see shit. A simple little wall at 2km/h can stuck you w/o damages. Since Arma 2 it has been like this, that's not a new thing at all. What's new for Dayz would be the "push" option, already available on numerous Arma 3 mods, which are fully aware of this issue.

Also some parts of the map (far south west, path in forest, following map border) are bugged. It's impossible to drive there without issues (invisible collision bugs on a clear path, flipping, damaging the car), regardless 1PP or 3PP. I'm pretty sure it's documented already. Vehicule system is not stable at all, you don't drive very far or often if you dont know that.

Edited by MorphineBP

IRL one person can push a bus or a coach a distance on a road surface, no problem - this is standard & easy, I've done it. Trucks.. I dunno.  But while we're here,  word has it when i run over a tent with a 12 ton military truck it bounces off the canvas, wrecks the truck and leaves the tent pristine? - is that very realistic?

The whole west is still a big construction site. just because there are still some faulty places to implement a function that does not solve the actual problem is not so good.
There are other places than the west where some hidden "jump springs" are for vehicles, but they will only be fixed with the beta.
Until then, it is simply the small invisible stone monsters who take us the driving fun.

a11f47fe7b13e98g7460cde8151acfb2.JPG

• Like 2

This feature is of course not limited to compensate any current bugged areas or anormal collision behavior with current structures. This was just an example where it's obviously needed.

It's a simple tool to help the player correcting an issue (like in real life). A second chance. It would be really helpful and not OP at the same time, since the player would need to exit the vec, expose himself, repeat the action several time to unstuck his car. The game would be then less frustrating, you would see less abandoned cars on map, more cars actives, more action, more fun, less frustrated people, more players !

Like I said, it's something already existing outside of DayZ. There is a reason for that. No vehicle game physic is perfect, you need to give a little margin to the player to get around 3D limitations. Especially for a game when finding/repairing/driving need some dedication. (e.g : spending hours with a team to repair completely something and stuck it 5 minutes later stupidly on a tiny tree branch because the indestructible tiny branch can elevate a 3 tons truck, preventing wheels to touch the ground. Yeah very realistic for sure).

Edited by MorphineBP

10 hours ago, MorphineBP said:

Dude.... you don't need to go fast or lost control to stuck a car, there are collision issues... how can you be oblivious to that ? I'm playing also on servers 1PP only. I'm sure you will have way more "issues" if you do the same. No OP camera to help you, you can't see shit. A simple little wall at 2km/h can stuck you w/o damages. Since Arma 2 it has been like this, that's not a new thing at all. What's new for Dayz would be the "push" option, already available on numerous Arma 3 mods, which are fully aware of this issue.

Also some parts of the map (far south west, path in forest, following map border) are bugged. It's impossible to drive there without issues (invisible collision bugs on a clear path, flipping, damaging the car), regardless 1PP or 3PP. I'm pretty sure it's documented already. Vehicule system is not stable at all, you don't drive very far or often if you dont know that.

True, but still since u stick to the roads u would not bug. I've always avoided areas that has lots of buildings due to glitches and security cause of the noise that vehicles make.