Sign in to follow this  
beentheredonethat

where's all the private servers

Haven't played Dayz for over a year now,last I played on pve server no kos so I logged in clicked on official  sites at top everything was public servers,clicked on community only three servers showed up none were private,are they all white listed now?Tried to join one once,but you had to have facebook and a whole bunch of other social media cra.. to even get on board.Only found one website where a player much like me didn"t want to have to write a 3 page report one why you want to join.Most people who want to play on private servers is because they don't want to have to deal with geared up server hoppers.Where have all the good servers gone?

What are you talking about lol? There are a bunch of non-whitelisted private servers, and most of the ones that are whitelisted all you need to do is join a steamgroup and type in a password that you get from there.

Just find a server here https://www.gametracker.com/search/dayz/?sort=3&order=DESC and paste the ip & port to remote.

Edited by silverblade1233

I swear I did not see any listings for private servers in the list only public,unless their ping is out of reach of me.They should show up with all the other listings correct,and I will check again,thanks for info,i'm lost I must admit lol

15 hours ago, onedog said:

three servers showed up none were private,are they all white listed now

Well ..

If you mean you want  "Private Hive".. then under the <Community> heading, look at the option "Public" in the choice list on the right.
Click once to get a green tick in that box - then the list will show PUBLIC HIVE  Community servers.
Click the box again to get a red cross - nNw the list will NOT show public hive Community servers - it will only show PRIVATE HIVE Community servers.

If you mean you want "privately run" => "hired by a player"  - ALL THOSE servers are under the heading <Community> in the server list .
In <Community> all the servers listed are privately hired - (they are paid for by players). So a moderator on one of those runs his own server. Some are public hive some are private hive. Each <Community> server has it's own attitude to that.

The servers under the <Official> list - are all run by BI on one independent  BI Official Hive (they are all 100% public Official). You cant switch your same geared-up character from the Community list to the Official list.

- but you also ask about "good" servers....  ??

If you want "good" servers... either go to places where there is the largest population listed ( - once you are in-game the players online are not shown, anymore, so when you are inside the game you can't tell how many people are on the server) 
OR if you don't want a high pop game, look around the <Official> list - all run by BI on the one BI Official Hive
OR just WANDER around low ping low pop servers on <Community> & <Official> until you find a "good one" that accepts you and/or suits you.

... hope you follow that?  Look at the options on the server interface, it gets easy.

xx

::  or maybe ask Emuthreat where he plays? - or ask Irish ?  .. .. or plenty others .. Biohaze ?  .. look around the forum  
(these people have different styles of play, maybe)

I could agree to OP, you can even barely find a full server, even DayZ Underground is offline.
I've also checked DayZ player statistics and its now 2k players peak at a day which indicates that dayz is already a dead project, no matter how much i would like to dayz be the top playing game, but it will never happen, never ever, it will be dead forever, devs is just wasting their time if they're not about to change some rules.
DayZ must have microstransactions.. If not just cancel this project and keep the earned money, nobody will ever play DayZ.

The most popular Games has microtransactions system e.g. Box/Case opening, if DayZ wont have any there will be no players. Times have changed, now people trying to make profit instead of playing the games also such systems prevents from hacking, since if you hack and get banned you lose all your inventory $$$$.
It's not so hard to separate skin addicts and veteran players, just do a fkn different hives where skins exist and where they do not.
Overall if i were a Director at Bohemia i would choose to lose all loyal DayZ fans and gain 50x more new fans rather that keep on Rocket's promises.

Edited by exacomvm

54 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

..//..
no matter how much i would like to dayz be the top playing game, but it will never happen, never ever, it will be dead forever, devs is just wasting their time if they're not about to change some rules.  DayZ must have microstransactions.. If not just cancel this project and keep the earned money, nobody will ever play DayZ.
..//..
The most popular Games has microtransactions system e.g. Box/Case opening, if DayZ wont have any there will be no players. Times have changed, now people trying to make profit instead of playing the games ..
..//..
if i were a Director at Bohemia i would choose to lose all loyal DayZ fans and gain 50x more new fans rather that keep on Rocket's promises.

yes yes, statistics and mod plans directors and directions and promises and player fashions .. if we were experts at predicting that stuff wed be rich right now

BUT

microtransactions took over from grinding as a way to get "somehere" in a game without having to think or even "play"  - you put in a few dozen hours breaking rocks to find gold until you have a heap of gold - you do it  by pressing the same key 1000000 times - OR you don't bother boring yourself for hours 'wasting time' in-game  and get the same result in zero time by paying cash up front for it. Either way it saves you having to play the bloody game, it avoids you having to PLAY  or think.. 

A slot machine game would be cleaner - Say, one dollar buys you a hundred tokens and you keep pulling the handle (press Enter) ? .. er .. that's been done, hasn't it? But even that style of no-sweat  & pay-as-you-go Pachinko doesn't appeal to exactly 100% of the gaming world.

But in THIS case you want an FPS with NO other 'difficulty' except running and shooting. So if you want a nice gun, you buy one.  Obviously some gamers in any game  think "difficulty" and "boredom" are the same thing?  Probably some folk can't really tell the difference? (that's their right, they bought the game).

DayZ would get off to a faster (sexier) start if players could kit up in the BI Store right after the server listing - for just a couple of Euros -  and then buy their quota of boxes of ammo before logging into the game.Right? 
I wouldn't play, but who cares about me, I'm just 1 player.

xxp

Guess it depends what you call a "game"?  

Edited by pilgrim*
~

Thanks everyone for the tool tips,had to log off you know go to bed,go to work,I did log back on to the game their seems to be a problem with the server listings loading up,I even tried refresh didn't work so I log off and on again,community list finally showed up,tried several servers was kicked off due to whitelist,went back to community list same thing only three servers showed up,tried refresh ,nothing...I use a verizon jetpack 4glte for internet there is nothing else where I live,dont know if that has anything to do with it or not.I guess I will try to get on to a whitelist server through gametracker,that may be my only option,just hope thats not too much of a pain to get on to,anyway thanks for everyones input

10 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

yes yes, statistics and mod plans directors and directions and promises and player fashions .. if we were experts at predicting that stuff wed be rich right now

BUT

microtransactions took over from grinding as a way to get "somehere" in a game without having to think or even "play"  - you put in a few dozen hours breaking rocks to find gold until you have a heap of gold - you do it  by pressing the same key 1000000 times - OR you don't bother boring yourself for hours 'wasting time' in-game  and get the same result in zero time by paying cash up front for it. Either way it saves you having to play the bloody game, it avoids you having to PLAY  or think.. 

A slot machine game would be cleaner - Say, one dollar buys you a hundred tokens and you keep pulling the handle (press Enter) ? .. er .. that's been done, hasn't it? But even that style of no-sweat  & pay-as-you-go Pachinko doesn't appeal to exactly 100% of the gaming world.

But in THIS case you want an FPS with NO other 'difficulty' except running and shooting. So if you want a nice gun, you buy one.  Obviously some gamers in any game  think "difficulty" and "boredom" are the same thing?  Probably some folk can't really tell the difference? (that's their right, they bought the game).

DayZ would get off to a faster (sexier) start if players could kit up in the BI Store right after the server listing - for just a couple of Euros -  and then buy their quota of boxes of ammo before logging into the game.Right? 
I wouldn't play, but who cares about me, I'm just 1 player.

xxp

Guess it depends what you call a "game"?  

That makes sense, but again look at the statistics.. 
Top 4 playing games right now:
PUBG - Microtransactions: Not Pay to Win
Dota 2 - Microtransactions: Not Pay to Win
CS:GO - Microtransactions: Not Pay to Win
League of Legends - Microtransactions: Not Pay to Win
If you also go on Youtube you will see that thousands of people enjoy watching even the "Unboxing" of virtual skins/items rather than the game itself.

There's countless ways of implementing microstransactions into DayZ without hurting the oldschool gameplay and no im not talking about "Store Ingame" with all the game content. Something like finding a marketable "Loot Box" ingame and opening that would require a key for e.g. 2.49$. And if you're not willing to open these boxes u could simply sell them on market and save some $ in ur steam wallet.
Or even better.. Don't like custom skins/items etc? - Modded Server with them disabled.
One of them could be just simply some clothing that does not spawn or even some kind of extra characters like with different body builds ( Fat, Muscular, Skinny etc ).
Obviously DayZ devs then would have more work and microtransactions would not increase the player count that much, but obviously it would reduce the hacking and would make the game a lot better. + They would earn ALOT of $.

You all oldschool DayZ fan boys instantly reject the idea of "Microtransactions" without even thinking how it could be done, probs u imagine it like it was in "WarZ" where u can buy all weapons ammo armor etc and spawn.
I am oldschool dayz player myself and i fully understand that DayZ is about survival simulation and what u loot ingame etc, but also i dont see the microtransaction problem for meaningless things since majority plays dayz for fun and not the simulation ( i play more for sim ).. Just go see what happened to DayZ Mod, its waaay worse than microtransactions would be, last time ive played Mod it was complete Trash full of kiddos and these base builds that reaches sky and extremely lags whole server.
Arma 3 Exile ? Trash mod also, looks like h1z1 on such amazing engine. ( There's some exceptions like Oldschool servers w/o all that bs )

Edited by exacomvm

"Microtransactions" ?

No.

There are enough games in the world after the purchase is still money in the game.
If I want to spend money, just for FUN then I make the IRL.
when it comes to money in a game it is no longer a game for me but a money-making leisure activity .. or the urge for glory and honor with money.

Therefore:
There are enough games where this is possible, so there is no need to be mass-effective in DayZ.

if I spend money in DayZ (which I also do) then only:

Server and Communitiy support.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, onedog said:

Thanks everyone for the tool tips,had to log off you know go to bed,go to work,I did log back on to the game their seems to be a problem with the server listings loading up,I even tried refresh didn't work so I log off and on again,community list finally showed up,tried several servers was kicked off due to whitelist,went back to community list same thing only three servers showed up,tried refresh ,nothing...I use a verizon jetpack 4glte for internet there is nothing else where I live,dont know if that has anything to do with it or not.I guess I will try to get on to a whitelist server through gametracker,that may be my only option,just hope thats not too much of a pain to get on to,anyway thanks for everyones input

Try turning the ping slider up to max (500) on the Server page .. and un-tick all the server options so they are all blank - then Refresh the server list each time you try - that will get you all the servers that are inside ping 500 range...  I'm not saying you can play with a ping like that, but at least you know they are there. 

On my <Community> list with the ping slider to 500  - and with all the options empty (not ticked not crossed) I get about 470+ servers, with their pings listed from 31 to 390, and I don't have a "great" connection at all.   It's a PC ethernet connection to my ISP box, and a standard 50 year-old copper wire phone line about 8 miles long to the nearest exchange.

Playing through a wifi system & cell network is NOT the best.  That DEFINITELY has "something to do with it" IMO. Make sure - for starters - you have no one else using that connection at the same in the house, nothing else running on your machine at all (no other sofrtware, no updates, no live antivirus file check, no diownloads, skype, anything.. )  and no other equipment connected to your 4G Lte at the same time you try to play. And also maybe it will work better at 2am.

It's not a good way to go. So don't you have a fixed phone line?

other people seem to mainly agree it's a poor and iffy  slow connection, and expensive .. eg:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/783135-gaming-on-4glte/

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
~

Could also try going into the settings of steam, in game settings, and change the "in game server browser:max pings /min" to one of the lower settings. 

Edited by atomquark
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, exacomvm said:

..//..
If you also go on Youtube you will see that thousands of people enjoy watching even the "Unboxing" of virtual skins/items rather than the game itself.
..//..

That's what us "old school" folk love to do - we so GOOD at everything we just spend our time watching microtransactions on you tube, we don't play.
I only play DayZ to stand under trees out of the rain, ya know?

- there must be a THREAD about this ?

Edited by pilgrim*
xx pilgrim

On 9/6/2017 at 9:11 PM, onedog said:

Haven't played Dayz for over a year now,last I played on pve server no kos so I logged in clicked on official  sites at top everything was public servers,clicked on community only three servers showed up none were private,are they all white listed now?Tried to join one once,but you had to have facebook and a whole bunch of other social media cra.. to even get on board.Only found one website where a player much like me didn"t want to have to write a 3 page report one why you want to join.Most people who want to play on private servers is because they don't want to have to deal with geared up server hoppers.Where have all the good servers gone?

Sounds like server maintenance to me. It happens Wednesday nights and Thursday mornings, not just for DayZ but most games. I'm genuinely surprised no one knows this. 

On 9/8/2017 at 0:52 PM, Sqeezorz said:

"Microtransactions" ?

No.

There are enough games in the world after the purchase is still money in the game.
If I want to spend money, just for FUN then I make the IRL.
when it comes to money in a game it is no longer a game for me but a money-making leisure activity .. or the urge for glory and honor with money.

Therefore:
There are enough games where this is possible, so there is no need to be mass-effective in DayZ.

if I spend money in DayZ (which I also do) then only:

Server and Communitiy support.

You are exactly one of the people that i have mentioned in my last paragraph.
Add microtrasactions of Steam Market -> Devs will have enough $ for Server and Communitiy support or whatever they will need or want.
Also yourself you will make some $ for your new Steam game or dlc purschase.

Atleast try to argue and give some facts why microtransactions would ruin DayZ instead of saying "No.". Maybe you don't want it, but of the all DayZ players i bet atleast 80% would love microtransaction ( Steam Market ) idea.
Dean Hall said that DayZ will never have microtransactions, but it was long time ago when microtransactions wasn't even a thing like its now in CS:GO, Dota etc. And overall i guarantee he was about "Buying weapons etc." for the spawn.

Edited by exacomvm

whether that comes or not at BI. as far as I know is not the business policy the BI pursued ... they are more on DLC's and Modding out.

To the end I can say: if it comes I will never use it or avoid such places and servers. Just my attitude and opinion..sry.

DayZ's main problem is not microtransactions, but that it apparently regards itself as no more tha a shooter right now. And Pubg does this better. If they went along with survival and shooter as two core mechanics, DayZ would have a selling point.

Let's face it. Weapon sway, more realistic gun drawing animations, ambient sounds for gunshots ... yeah, that's something for Hicks and gun fetishists. 

Basically the game needs to be MORE than run and gun. Instead it has more and more developed into yet another shooter, albeit the on of the most realistic ones. Fetishists, nerds and old school players will be pleased, but it's not a way to reach the masses. Loot and shoot is realised in PubG in a more compact, more action filled title. 

Community feedback is also part of the problem. The masses never populated the board, the masses just played. On boards and from streamers you get a nerd input, not the input needed to make the product attractive to the masses.