Sign in to follow this  
nl

Do you consider this a friendly look?

I have this outfit to signal to players I am friendly and in no way a "military style" player considering I stand out like a soar thumb in any environment. Still looking for a red backpack and red sneakers :) Would you interpret me as friendly or maybe overconfident :P?

KVyJ4Ht.jpg

• Like 1

It's not the looks if someone is friendly but rather the actions. Sure, someone with a fully automatic and fully military clothed is an higher risk but that will not determine the outcome of a firefight.

I wear the following:
- Dark Brown Cowboy Hat
- Rocket Aviators
- Camo Face Mask
- Hunting Backpack
- Autumn Gorka Shirt (I would use the Summer Hunting Jacket but it isn't rain proof, give plis)
- Leather Storage Vest (brown colored)
- Leather Pants (brown)
- Military Boots (black)
- Sword
- Usually SKS but currently a silenced AK101 with PSO-1-1

With that SKS I can take anyone out as easily as I can with any other weapon. But I do consider this a rather friendlier look than the usual full Gorka, TTSKO and what not.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, IMT said:

It's not the looks if someone is friendly but rather the actions. Sure, someone with a fully automatic and fully military clothed is an higher risk but that will not determine the outcome of a firefight.

I wear the following:
- Dark Brown Cowboy Hat
- Rocket Aviators
- Camo Face Mask
- Hunting Backpack
- Autumn Gorka Shirt (I would use the Summer Hunting Jacket but it isn't rain proof, give plis)
- Leather Storage Vest (brown colored)
- Leather Pants (brown)
- Military Boots (black)
- Sword
- Usually SKS but currently a silenced AK101 with PSO-1-1

With that SKS I can take anyone out as easily as I can with any other weapon. But I do consider this a rather friendlier look than the usual full Gorka, TTSKO and what not.

16 minutes ago, ImageCtrl said:

I would expect some other red people nearby. Looks like a "uniform" or "gang" outfit.

I would test the Press Vest.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2nc4b3m.jpg

Hmm, both excellent points. I may have to reconsider :)

• Like 4

I definitely go by actions before appearance.

I have met neutral players dressed in full mil gear and been randomly attacked by players dressed as civilians.

The red does looks like a Russian gang possibly to me; if I saw you first in all red I would likely run away.

• Like 3

ChtgPRM.jpg

This one I inspired from the Hero skin from DayZ ArmA 2 Mod.

wM7D0us.jpg

I don't know where this one sparked from, just thought it looked cool. (Also a reminder, I would've preferred if I didn't have the AKM, and if I had the Black High Cap on the first hero skin)

I used this second one in DayZRP, and the first one was my go-to outfit when I found the shirt and hat.

For you though, I would wear something that doesn't stick out too much. Majority of players that wear stuff like that are PvP junkies.

I saw a guy at Balota Airfield yesterday on the GentsofNovo server wearing red raincoat and some other easily distinguishable gear, but his friend had a gun and I lacked the material to restrain them so I had to shoot both of them in the head. (Keep in mind, my 2 friends and I were in Full Ghillies with GP-5 gas masks and AK's)

Bonus looks:

(Friendly to Fish)

csFCl6F.jpg

(Relaxed Press)

iLifiUT.jpg

And last, but not least "Cheeki Breeki" (Looks better with the Ushanka, but I didn't get any screenshots with it.)

L4xa8XW.jpg

Edited by Ze-Krush
  • Like 3

I'd shoot you, anything that hides (or even partly hides) the face is shifty. Weirdly though.. I don't mind the dust mask haha!

• Like 3

FKA SAK
.. friend

lose the facemask
& a cheerful-check lumberjack shirt and pair of shorts is a good start 
.. maybe also with wellies (the green are best) 

Amble down the road towards them singing a loud happy old Irish ballad as you see them coming,

if lumberjack is not your mode - go for old boots and bare legs & the blue nurse dress
.. you facemask would make a bandanna that would be so right with that outfit.
Also keep the pistol hidden - you can pull it just as fast if they get snide about your style.

This dress sense has been known to work.

But even when it all seems sunny, the noblest & best thing to do if anyone starts to get round behind you while you're conversing - is kill them first without hesitation before they can whack you
.. then their buddy
.. this really is the kindest and most humanitarian help you can offer them to aid their progress in life.

(But look on the bright side - if you can sing in tune, don't forget to sing aloud that hearty wonderful-day-ditty as you stroll with confidence)

xx

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Like 4

My biggest turn off when it comes to approaching someone is quite honestly masks. It's just an internal feeling I get, even around my friends I play with, that when I see someone hiding their face I'd rather run or shoot than try and say hello. But as [Gen]Adzic said, I don't mind the dust mask. If anything, and I haven't the slightest idea why, it makes them feel MORE approachable (I also tend to wear the dust mask whenever I find one, and ironically I'm out to rob anyone and everyone, so take everything you see with a grain of salt)

• Like 1

The mask is a sign of protection, camouflage or distraction, it is nothing new, it has existed for several thousand years. We therefore react instinctively, suspiciously, because we do not see the real.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mask

• Like 2

With hindsight I guess I agree with all of you. The clothing is so "obvious" it inspires mistrust rather than friendliness. I normally don't use any type of mask but found the bandana and used it for the pic.

I do usually wear lumberjack shirts and civilian headgear but wanted to try something new. I did meet one player in the game so far with the red outfit and he ran away :)

• Like 1

Well, this is me naturally hanging out :

f4e2vn.png

But if you want more of a good guy look, try one of these two? :

644cx1.png

hmm? ..

xx pilgrim

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Well, this is me naturally hanging out :

But if you want more of a good guy look, try one of these two? :

hmm? ..

xx pilgrim

Lone ranger?

"Pilgrim", you missed an opportunity....

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Lone ranger?

"Pilgrim", you missed an opportunity....

..//..

lol - " Pilgrim you're going to need a couple of stitches .. & we fixed the hole in your hat, goin' in and comin' out "

nice !!

Edited by pilgrim*
~ es muy apreciado, hombre
  • Like 1

Since I didn't have access to screenshots at the time, here are some of my looks:

This is my current look, I find this a good mix for a friendly look and a lot of inventory space. Keep in mind, normally I carry a SKS.

44p2OL8.jpg

This is my very friendly look but you lose quite some inventory space, it is inspired on the hero of the DayZ Mod.

ZRKvhuo.jpg

And finally, this is my bandit look. It is something I came up with myself.

IFXHVrh.jpg

Edited by IMT
Formatting is a pain in the ass
  • Like 1

I'm a big fan of the white checkered shirt + jeans combo with an assault vest and hunting backpack - or whatever backpack I can find. Or whatever vest I can find, frankly.

• Like 1