Sign in to follow this  
G18C

Will Reshade 3.0 Get Detected by BattlEye

I was VAC Banned today because of Reshade. Do you think BattlEye will detect this and give me a global ban for it. 

I used it back in .60 when Reshade was simply an overlay, now it has an in game menu to configure settings in reshade. Like bloom, lens flares, and HDR.

Since VAC detected it as a cheat menu (I think) then will BattlEye, or is this completely safe to use. 

Some of my friends also use it and I've been using it for weeks.

I was VAC Banned today because of Reshade. Do you think BattlEye will detect this and give me a global ban for it. 

I used it back in .60 when Reshade was simply an overlay, now it has an in game menu to configure settings in reshade. Like bloom, lens flares, and HDR.

Since VAC detected it as a cheat menu (I think) then will BattlEye, or is this completely safe to use. 

Some of my friends also use it and I've been using it for weeks.

The VAC system reliably detects cheats using their cheat signatures. Any third-party modifications to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack and will trigger a VAC ban. This includes modifications to a game's core executable files and dynamic link libraries.

FAQ

I’m using the software XY while playing my game with BE enabled, is it allowed or can I get banned for it?

Generally we only ever ban for the use of actual cheats/hacks or components of such hacks which are designed to intentionally bypass BE’s protection. Otherwise you don’t need to worry about getting banned. For example, non-cheat overlays and visual enhancement tools like SweetFX are fully supported. We might decide to kick (not ban) you at some point for using a specific program (such as macro tools), but that won’t automatically flag you as a cheater.

In any case, don't try and modify game files or attempt to bypass the anti-cheat software to get such things to work.

1 hour ago, -Gews- said:

In any case, don't try and modify game files or attempt to bypass the anti-cheat software to get such things to work.

Okay!

It's not even worth it in my opinion. A VAC ban stays on your record forever. Your account is worth basically nothing now. 

Edited by Solopopo

10 hours ago, Solopopo said:

It's not even worth it in my opinion. A VAC ban stays on your record forever. Your account is worth basically nothing now. 

Rolling with a 5 year old vac from MW2 from when I was 14. Say what my dear?