Sign in to follow this  
hiperion

Serum

What about after 5 hours playtime, after you spawn, you need to inject yourself with serum so you wont turn in to zombie(die) and do that every 5h.  The serum is craftable but you need to extract a some hormone gland (human or animal), syringes and vials from the hospital,specific chemicals from the military locations, water and pot to boil the substance. The gland have 5h timer after extraction or it gets ruined/unusable also the serum is ruined 15min after creation if not used(to prevent stockpiling and ruining the mechanic). If a player owning(in inventory) a serum or some of the specific chemicals dies they have 100% to be ruined (to prevent player massacre just for the serum).

The idea is so you force the players to visit specific locations (places dangerous but also where you can get good loot in the process) to increase human interaction but also to force some players(no mater how geared) to ask for help or trade if they are dying of the disease. I also think that the time to make the serum from spawning should be something like 1hour and the stuff to make are easily found and abundant so players would rarely die from the disease but you must visit the specific places to loot the stuff or you die(like i said just to force human encounters more often).

Sorry for the bad english, this is just a brainstorm idea also sorry if something like this was suggested before.

P.S. make servers with 100 players and remove the apples i think they ruining the game right now. :)

Apples will be gone with .63 or the spamming of apples. There will be apples but you can find them under a tree for example and wont be able to horde them. If 100 playerservers are coming and in wich timeframe I dont know. Didnt hear from that topic for a long time now. But I hope devs workin on it.

The basic intention of your idea seems pretty solid.  Adding hotspots where playerinteraction will be more common and not always hostile. Right now hotspots are only militarybases to get military gear and everybody knows what happens 99 per cent if you meet players at those spots. But the lore of DayZ is that players are immune to the infection, which would not fit with your idea of a serum. But I like the idea and maybe there will be a mod where players arent immune and need to craft a serum.

Another idea how to get the same basic idea of more common playerinteractions is to add other gamedynamics. Maybe for basebuilding, you need to go to different locations to craft whjat you need. (Sawmill for wooden planks and advanced structures made out of wood, little toolsheds for screws and metalworks or for repairing something, hospitals for special medical stuff, etc.) This would fit into the Lore and would add the same function.

• Like 1

If a serum then only to heal you. It should be reintroduced (again) that infected you in the fight with the "virus or Prion" can infect. Then you are dependent on the serum not to bite sadly into the grass.

The one with the hotspots I also see so, I hope for all who gladly put on interaction that it will come so. Hotspots should or should be places which today are not or only rarely observed, as written above, sawmill or a workshop, something that is smiled today.

• Like 1

I quess it's cool thing to implement, but it's quiet not right in terms of actual lore. According to it, you are already immune to the infection, which explains why only you and "59 other players" on the map are still alive.

No way that sounds like a total pain in the arse.

Lets reserve this one for origins perhaps. I hate to say this because we have been waiting a while for it but i think that when the infections are legitimately introduced this should crave any "serum" chasing kind of urge people have for the game