-Gews-

[Dev] Eye zoom 'probably' being removed entirely

The eye zoom makes it possible for me to play. Due to heavy medication, I lost quite a bit of my eye sight.

There's no way I would be able to see a few moving pixels in the distance. Even with it, it is hard, but doable. Glasses are not really the solution for that, sadly.

Without I would not have the slightest chance for a fair fight :(

I can only hope it will not be removed.

13 hours ago, lexxka said:

The eye zoom makes it possible for me to play. Due to heavy medication, I lost quite a bit of my eye sight.

There's no way I would be able to see a few moving pixels in the distance. Even with it, it is hard, but doable. Glasses are not really the solution for that, sadly.

Without I would not have the slightest chance for a fair fight :(

I can only hope it will not be removed.

Hey, this is probably obvious to you, but you ought to invest in the biggest and highest definition monitor you can get your hands on. My dad has poor eyesight and the only thing that ever excited him was just -bigger screens-.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FlimFlamm said:

Hey, this is probably obvious to you, but you ought to invest in the biggest and highest definition monitor you can get your hands on. My dad has poor eyesight and the only thing that ever excited him was just -bigger screens-.

VR ?? don't you get a zoom FOV dial with your goggles?

8 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

VR ?? don't you get a zoom FOV dial with your goggles?

My father has very rudimentary experience with technology. I expect setting up VR for him would have a similar effect to the first time an audience was shown a 3D projection of a train rushing toward them.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 8:42 PM, mithrawndo said:

I'm sorry, but I find this post to be hyperbole filled and premature.

Hyperbolic? Of course. Premature? Please elaborate. Last time I checked they showed off their new build at Gamescom 2017, that build was missing a longstanding and major feature, and when attendees mentioned this they said it's gone because they plan to 'ditch it'.

'Premature'? Are we supposed to pretend that whole thing didn't happen?

On 9/5/2017 at 8:42 PM, mithrawndo said:

Let's wait and see how it feels ourselves before condemning this change as "horrifying".

Hop in a server and don't hold down your right mouse button. If you don't care about realism, then it 'feels' just fine. Kind of like this.

• Like 1

Gasp, now this will be like every other shooter that doesn't have eagle eye zoom!!!  Oh the humanity.  How do you guys survive playing other shooters? 

8 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Gasp, now this will be like every other shooter that doesn't have eagle eye zoom!!!  Oh the humanity.  How do you guys survive playing other shooters? 

Well if we wanted to play every other un realistic shooter of which there are hundreds, we would go play those. Instead we came for a authentic styled apoc game with a military heritage ( the games original engine is a simulator made to train military forces due to its realistic nature). But hey its ok some people are just not smart enough to realize that there are games for all types of people and people should stick to playing those games that suit them  rather than coming to a game and wanting it to change to what they like.. PS if you believe them zooming eye maginfication to 1x or normal vision (well actually its been well below standard visual  range for quite a while )i hate to think how half blind/short sighted you must be in real life... The big statement of there game was authentic (along with gritty etc  etc) well i got to say there is nothing Authentic about having iron sight fire fights in open terrain in ranges of less than 100m due to you cant without the zoom in ( again taking it to 1x or normal magnification) see to normal ranges to be effective at more realistic ranges...

Edited by soulfirez
I am a careless typer/ think there are more mistakes but they get the jist lol
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2017 at 2:56 AM, Guy Smiley said:

It's called using a scope or binoculars.  Not an unrealistic eagle eye zoom that's suppose to imitate "focus" 

So yourself you don't have "focus" in your real life Guy ? - Jeez.. sorry about that,  dude!  I noticed the dark glasses in your profile image but I thought it was just for show, I didn't realize you have no eye focus.. It must be hard to understand what we are talking about.

14 hours ago, soulfirez said:

Well if we wanted to play every other un realistic shooter of which there are hundreds, we would go play those. Instead we came for a authentic styled apoc game with a military heritage ( the games original engine is a simulator made to train military forces due to its realistic nature). But hey its ok some people are just not smart enough to realize that there are games for all types of people and people should stick to playing those games that suit them  rather than coming to a game and wanting it to change to what they like.. PS if you believe them zooming eye maginfication to 1x or normal vision (well actually its been well below standard visual  range for quite a while )i hate to think how half blind/short sighted you must be in real life... The big statement of there game was authentic (along with gritty etc  etc) well i got to say there is nothing Authentic about having iron sight fire fights in open terrain in ranges of less than 100m due to you cant without the zoom in ( again taking it to 1x or normal magnification) see to normal ranges to be effective at more realistic ranges...

Unrealistic like zooming in?  Gasp, i wish I had telescopic eyeballs

11 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

So yourself you don't have "focus" in your real life Guy ? - Jeez.. sorry about that,  dude!  I noticed the dark glasses in your profile image but I thought it was just for show, I didn't realize you have no eye focus.. It must be hard to understand what we are talking about.

There's a huge difference between focussing on an object and making it magically larger, aka zooming in.

17 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

There's a huge difference between focussing on an object and making it magically larger, aka zooming in.

we've had this conversation before - did you ever notice the huge difference between a flat 2D screen of limited size 40cm in front of your eyes, and visual reality ? ...
.. oh yeah.. we had that conversation too...

if you don't get it, you just don't .. have a great life anyway

xxp

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

we've had this conversation before - did you ever notice the huge difference between a flat 2D screen of limited size 40cm in front of your eyes, and visual reality ? ...
.. oh yeah.. we had that conversation too...

if you don't get it, you just don't .. have a great life anyway

xxp

I get it.  All you guys are just being butthurt over some silly unrealistic magical magnifying eye zoom, which you keep calling focus, being removed.  You can kick and scream all you want but if the devs are going to remove it, get over and stop crying about it.

8 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

I get it.  All you guys are just being butthurt over some silly unrealistic magical magnifying eye zoom, which you keep calling focus, being removed.  You can kick and scream all you want but if the devs are going to remove it, get over and stop crying about it.

Have a great life anyway.  Let's move on now.

Edited by pilgrim*
~

14 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

I dont think you actually do get it .. In game look down at your feet and see how far away they look , then zoom in and see how far away your feet look now. Finally stand yourself up( in real life) and look down at your feet and you will notice oh hey it looks as close as the zoomed in view did.I think  there crazy to do away with something that actually made gun play more realistic . As for crying about it well seeing it has always been a major feature of DayZ and as a person who paid for it just like you did i can complain or not complain about anything i want , what they do is up to them, but hey maybe if they realize the small player base they have left actually like the feature as they have common sense. ah take that as you will ..

11 hours ago, soulfirez said:

I dont think you actually do get it .. In game look down at your feet and see how far away they look , then zoom in and see how far away your feet look now. Finally stand yourself up( in real life) and look down at your feet and you will notice oh hey it looks as close as the zoomed in view did.I think  there crazy to do away with something that actually made gun play more realistic . As for crying about it well seeing it has always been a major feature of DayZ and as a person who paid for it just like you did i can complain or not complain about anything i want , what they do is up to them, but hey maybe if they realize the small player base they have left actually like the feature as they have common sense. ah take that as you will ..

FoV slider?? smh.  It works wonders if you feel your feet are too far away.  Now you're just grasping but hey, it's cool.  If they remove it or not it doesn't affect me in the slightest, only a few of you guys who can't seem to let go seem to have a big issue with it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

FoV slider?? smh.  It works wonders if you feel your feet are too far away.  Now you're just grasping but hey, it's cool.  If they remove it or not it doesn't affect me in the slightest, only a few of you guys who can't seem to let go seem to have a big issue with it.

Ah you have been asked this before and never answered but does that mean you want to run around with a 45 fov ? ya know have an accurate range view but with tunnel vision?? damn man must take some special mental gymnastics to say this stuff... Guess your loaded to the eye balls with  gum cause ya aint kicking no ass...

Edited by soulfirez

19 hours ago, soulfirez said:

Ah you have been asked this before and never answered but does that mean you want to run around with a 45 fov ? ya know have an accurate range view but with tunnel vision?? damn man must take some special mental gymnastics to say this stuff... Guess your loaded to the eye balls with  gum cause ya aint kicking no ass...

Feel free to throw insults all you want, shows your maturity and mental ability to hold a conversation.  Keep kicking and screaming about an unrealistic feature that only exists from one company.  What are you going to do when they remove it?  Throw a temper tantrum on the forums?

^

a) I think calling folk who post their feedback here as 'butthurt' etc also qualifies as insults and possibly shows maturity, or lack of too. So you'd do well to keep your hypocrisy in check, it's not a good look.

b) Speaking for myself I've been playing DayZ with this feature for almost 5 years now, so I think I'm allowed to say what I like on the subject, as is anyone else who plays the game.

c) OP was raised by a player unhappy with the mooted plan, you come onto this thread and attack people for their views, which makes me wonder why you're here, unless it's simply to troll.

d) As Pilgrim has suggested, jog on mate.

Edited by philbottle

44 minutes ago, philbottle said:

^

a) I think calling folk who post their feedback here as 'butthurt' etc also qualifies as insults and possibly shows maturity, or lack of too. So you'd do well to keep your hypocrisy in check, it's not a good look.

b) Speaking for myself I've been playing DayZ with this feature for almost 5 years now, so I think I'm allowed to say what I like on the subject, as is anyone else who plays the game.

c) OP was raised by a player unhappy with the mooted plan, you come onto this thread and attack people for their views, which makes me wonder why you're here, unless it's simply to troll.

d) As Pilgrim has suggested, jog on mate.

a) Kicking and screaming about a supposed change is yes, butthurt.  

b) You can speak and give feedback but when it constitutes remarks such as "this is a stupid change and I will never play the game again" goes back to my butthurt comment

c) Didn't attack anyone.  Just made an observation of again, people getting all butthurt over a small change that in my eyes, is a very decent one.

d) I don't need to jog anywhere as Pilgrim is not any official spokesperson here.  Cheers :)

On 9/11/2017 at 11:23 PM, Guy Smiley said:

If they remove it or not it doesn't affect me in the slightest

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

What's your point on quoting me without a response?  Oh, you're wondering why I've replied to this topic at all right?  Well you see, if they remove it, I welcome the change for this silly unrealistic mechanic they try to pass off as a "focus" but if they don't it doesn't change how I feel about the game.  I'm not going to rage quit, i'm not going to start a new thread on why they didn't remove and throw a temper tantrum.  In fact, I'll just keep playing the game as is because again, it doesn't matter if it stays or not.

On 9/10/2017 at 10:34 PM, Guy Smiley said:

Well, the "Focus" is great feature, imagine youre with high FoV and someone is playing with low one, without that focus feature he will see you more clearly and u probs wont see him at all, that "Focus" feature prevents from getting the opponent an advantage on you also u dont need to go to options and slide it back and forth based on your situation/location. No matter whats ur FoV the "Focus" feature will end up at the same magnification so everyone has equal visibility i mean zoom amount.

Also it's classic and unique Bohemia's feature, removing it is like removing the Suitcase in Hitman Game which was really bad idea or removing the MP5 from Counter-Strike.. w/e.

Edited by exacomvm

On 9/13/2017 at 5:59 AM, Guy Smiley said:

Feel free to throw insults all you want, shows your maturity and mental ability to hold a conversation.  Keep kicking and screaming about an unrealistic feature that only exists from one company.  What are you going to do when they remove it?  Throw a temper tantrum on the forums?

Insults? no insult there ? Damn strange someone who has rowdy roddy pipper ( hence the final comment) as his profile pic has such thin skin . Again actual visual ability is impossible to display properly in current screen tech , thus this method is used to simulate actual visual capabilities.. It is the method used by this games original base engine that is used in a military simulator to train actual military personal but thats un realistic but the pew pew view used in games like battlefield, cod etc etc which is not used to train troops is more realistic??? mental gymnastics mate , your certainly in good shape aye.

Edited by soulfirez

23 minutes ago, soulfirez said:

Insults? no insult there ? Damn strange someone who has rowdy roddy pipper ( hence the final comment) as his profile pic has such thin skin . Again actual visual ability is impossible to display properly in current screen tech , thus this method is used to simulate actual visual capabilities.. It is the method used by this games original base engine that is used in a military simulator to train actual military personal but thats un realistic but the pew pew view used in games like battlefield, cod etc etc which is not used to train troops is more realistic??? mental gymnastics mate , your certainly in good shape aye.

Ok genius, explain how every other game created has been able to get by without needing a magnifying glass eye? 

And FYI, DayZ is not a Milsim, smh

Edited by Guy Smiley

On 15.9.2017 at 3:51 AM, Guy Smiley said:

And FYI, DayZ is not a Milsim, smh

Owners of DayZ expect "Milsim" in weapon art.

On 15.9.2017 at 3:51 AM, Guy Smiley said:

Ok genius, explain how every other game created has been able to get by without needing a magnifying glass eye?

It's DayZ and not " every other game".

No one expect such features in H1Z1. But many expect this feature from a game born out of a milsim.

• Like 1