Yuval

With BETA comes modding

If you're afraid that no one will play the vanilla game over mods, what does that say about your opinion on the game?

What does it say about everyone's opinion about the game, that the first thing they want to do is change it?  Especially when they haven't even experienced the finished product.

If anything, I am trusting the developers to deliver a great experience. 

Who's us? I haven't touched the standalone since patch 0.55.

"Us", the people that own DayZ.  Who did you think I am talking about?   I haven't played in forever either.  I'm interested in the finished product, no logging hundreds of hours in the half-baked work-in-progress edition.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yuval said:

Who's us? I haven't touched the standalone since patch 0.55.

It is borderline boring and not fun for me. DayZ SA's vision is not something I ever liked. And thousands feel like me, way more than the active playerbase. People are not here for the technology. The 0.60 update that increased FPS to 60 didn't bring any new players back. The visual upgrade didn't bring anything too. I doubt new animations and base building will. It's not about the content. It's about the vision. It has always been that way. You have to seperate what a game means and what an engine means.

DayZ is running on a good engine many people are interested in taking advantage of.

Engine is not available to us yet for modding. We do not know how it will handle AI and if we need a headless client yet.

BIS had always been a platform for modding. The platforms BIS offer are not a fixed game with a set of rules, but an adjustable experience. This is how BIS had been and why it has been so successful in the past few years. This "game" is not meant to be played the devs have shaped it. It never has. DayZ by its root is not a fixed game.

Edit: In continuation to my reply, I do not think the vanilla experience is bad. In my point of view it is just another way of playing the game. Certain people like it, others do not. That is how it had always been. I guarantee you, the moment mods are released, not only the playerbase will grow but you will also use mods. Why? Because that is how modding have been. I do not want to bash on DayZ Dev team or BIS in general. But it is a common gig in the ArmA communities that vanilla tools by BIS are not near the quality of community made tools. You can ask yourself how is that even possible, but it is true I assure you. Anywhore, what I mean to say is that you need to look at this topic in a wider perspective, out of "the way I like is how it is for everybody" perspective. It isn't. The same way I accept what you like to play, I expect you do the same and be open minded.

Let me tell you a secret, about a year ago I was banned from the forums for posting a topic with testings I have done with the older engine (pre-Enfusion) where I loaded legendary maps from the ArmA 2 DayZ days (Taviana, Panthera, etc..). I was banned straight away by the moderators for breaking rules or something. I had never thought of being active here again although I have calmed.

Modifying the game in any way is against the EULA and releasing it openly to the public until all rules are set in place.

Taking this story into account, imagine what this forum actually represents. A fracture of potential playerbase. Over 90 percents of the players who could be playing this game right now are away from the game and from this forum. Why you ask? Just because of such anti-modding behaviour.

I remember the time people said PlayerUnknown's Battelground was a failing DayZ copycat. I'll have you know that besides PUBG had tripled the copies sold from DayZ. The origins of that game, began as a mod for ArmA 2 DayZ (later moved to ArmA 3 and then H1Z1). That's right! ArmA 2 Battle Royale mod - I remember playing it to this day (was a great mod though).

So yeah, you should be open minded for everything.

I completely agree being open minded, because we do not know what can be generated from this. We might even see dean create another mod on his own time, that blows away the public. Who knows right?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, klesh said:

What does it say about everyone's opinion about the game, that the first thing they want to do is change it?  Especially when they haven't even experienced the finished product.

If anything, I am trusting the developers to deliver a great experience. 

A fair way to turn it around, but I still stand by my thinking that modding does not hurt a game in the long run.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, klesh said:

"Us", the people that own DayZ.  Who did you think I am talking about?   I haven't played in forever either.  I'm interested in the finished product, no logging hundreds of hours in the half-baked work-in-progress edition.

Hey there pal it doesn't natter how long you've been here, if you turn a blind eye over the fact "the people that own DayZ" had abandoned it a long time ago you are a fool. DayZ used to be a legendary game, a pioneer. It is now at the bottom of its cycle.

It doesnt matter how much effort the dev team will put into the game, the man hours they can put are just a fraction of what modders do invest in their *free* time.

Ever heard of Bushlurker? I highly advise you to educate yourself and see what legendary people have invested into BI platforms.

Half-baked work is something you do see often in modding, thats how it is. Modders do not gain money and do their work at their free time. Your comment is an insult to many respected modders in the community who dedicated a great deal of effort to the foundations of BI titles.

Edited by Yuval

Modding extends the life of a game. Nobody in the right mind should be having issues with that fact. I pretty much guarantee modding will re-invigorate DayZ.. think about the possibilities! new map(s) is just one real biggie! Chernarus even though being updated (and better than it was) is old, very old.

I think some people tend to get blinded by the extra loot/weapons and PVP focus etc.. rather than seeing good things that can come from modding. I'm really looking forward to seeing what people can do with DayZ, a change will be welcome.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

Modding extends the life of a game. Nobody in their right mind should be having issues with that fact.
..//..

Agreed, you have to buy the game to Mod - And Modding fragments the player-base of a game. Nobody in their right mind should be having issues with that fact.

Particularly players who tend to get blinded by the extra loot/weapons and PVP focus etc.

It will be interesting seeing what OTHER things modders can do with DayZ. Do you expect to see Mods that have more 'survival' 'crafting' or 'difficulty' etc,  WITHOUT  extra loot/weapons and PVP focus?  Would those attract players away from vanilla? What other kinds of mods do you suggest, as off-the-top-of-your-head examples?  - Are Modders keen to build versions that do not increase easy/loot/bases/trade/vehicles/weapons//PVP?

xxp 

Edited by pilgrim*
~

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

Agreed, you have to buy the game to Mod - And Modding fragments the player-base of a game. Nobody in their right mind should be having issues with that fact.

There were 4 thousand peak concurrent players this week. I don't understand what playerbase are you scared of fragmenting.

I have been wondering if modding and server hosting willl be available with Experimental 0.63?  Or will it come with Stable 0.63?  Or will it come soon after initial 0.63 release?  As far as I know the Dev's have not said.

6 hours ago, Yuval said:

There were 4 thousand peak concurrent players this week. I don't understand what playerbase are you scared of fragmenting.

To play a mod you have to BUY the original - So NEW "DayZ-mod" players who want to play a  mod will have to buy DayZ. The the lifetime of DayZ game sales might augment or extend if there were some successful mods.

1 ) The 4000 players   who already play DayZ will either get less keen on DayZ and  give up or move to a mod, OR the promised improvements will be COHERENT enough to attract "the original" type of player (the many players who were originally keen on the game) -   some for survival and hunting, some for PVP, some for 'private' hanging out with the clan, whatever  ..   There are changes and balancing taking place. They will be successful or not.

2 ) If you think it is critical and deadly that there are ONLY 4000 players on DayZ - meaning  the game is a screwed, dead game, then why do you want to make a mod of it?
If modders had waited until the original DayZ ARMA Mod was already dead, with only a couple of servers and a dozen players left, before they started alternative modding .. no one would have moved out of DayZ Mod to go play the new mods. but it was alive, lots of people did move out, the player base fragmented.. the mods were short-term fun and laffs, there were quite a few of them, pretty quickly they have all gone away & nothing is left. No original, no mods. 

'Seems you are saying here, "we can do a better job of DayZ than BI did  because look they have no players. WE can attract the players BI can't."
I guess that must mean you are looking for new players, who are a different KIND of player.. right? (because the 'past' players who liked the game are already gone, yes?)

If there are only 4000 players.. why the hell bother to mess with the game?.. you ain't going to please that tiny minority of folk, so you MUST be looking for a new audience ?
Your new audience will be split between 20-30-(50?) mods,  and one or two of them will swim and NOT sink.. I guess the same will happen to DayZ SA?

OK, this is not a criticism, but it is simple to understand.

You want to mod for a playerbase that you say doesn't exist -  is that your main point?  Why should I be "scared" of this topic?

Nobody in their right mind should be having issues with these facts. 

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
~

On 9/7/2017 at 10:39 PM, klesh said:

I disagree. DayZ isn't Arma.  The original DayZ mod was abandoned for all those cheesy variation mods with skyhigh bases, safezones and locked personal gear collections.  Those weren't in the spirit of the original mod whatsoever, yet people left the real mod in droves to cheese out on those.  I feel like the same thing will happen with DayZ SA.  

I very much hope it happens to DayZ. Arma wouldn't have half the sales it's had without modding, and I doubt DayZ will grow anymore than it already has without it.

I might give vanilla DayZ a look, but my main reason for looking at DayZ again is because I'm looking for a recreation of some of Arma's mods on this new engine. This is the case for a hell of a lot of other gamers. 

• Like 1

Dayz modding....more cars,more,loot,more weapons...loit respawns every 5minutes?...☺

5 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

You want to mod for a playerbase that you say doesn't exist -  is that your main point? 

Ah, your stubbornness is bigger than me. I'd have to cut this conversation because it won't lead anywhere. Ignorance wins everytime.

• Like 1

ok people I am very skeptical about modding. Why ? because I know where it leads. But on the other hand, I feel the DayZ Vanilla will not be quite what I imagine. Why ? it must and should offer for a wide experienced and also totally inexperienced players a fun. That means the "difficulty level" will be found at moderate. This means for me to hope for a mod that calls itself "Nightmare DayZ" or so. So I have to give the modding thing a chance. Sure, there will be "Hight Loot on Coast" .. as in the beginning .. but why not?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

we will see what dayz is like when it's finished , it may surprise you.

let us surprise. My distrust comes from experience.

I followed the course of Arma3 Exile and hoped for a great experience, there were some things that really convinced me (vehicles / contaminated zones / underground structures and also infected). But the big wow Feeling in regard to DayZ was missing.

Then another hopeful of an Arma3 mod (2017Mod with the map Bamburgh) an interesting idea that was unfortunately set for various reasons.

But as already said: we look forward and let come what comes.

• Like 1

For me, if you put the modding, nobody will play at DayZ, the real survival. They will all try to make mods like for example: role play etc. Let's take ArmA 3 as an example, at first everybody was playing in the single player campaign, but now 90% of the players are playing on the community server, and developers are still doing so much updating but not serving great thing, like added tanks, planes, and nobody will use them because it serves them nothing, and this is what will happen for DayZ .. Of course, the modding brings a lot of players because they have a wide choice to do what they want but that makes them lose real player. So I hope that developers really know what they want to do. ;) PS: sorry for my english

• Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 10:46 AM, Sqeezorz said:

let us surprise. My distrust comes from experience.

I followed the course of Arma3 Exile and hoped for a great experience, there were some things that really convinced me (vehicles / contaminated zones / underground structures and also infected). But the big wow Feeling in regard to DayZ was missing.

Then another hopeful of an Arma3 mod (2017Mod with the map Bamburgh) an interesting idea that was unfortunately set for various reasons.

But as already said: we look forward and let come what comes.

I still play Exile mod and as far as the PVP / Base raiding goes it is incredibly fun and balanced. It's a great mod and some of the server communities like EXO have done a great job of building on it further.

but yes Arma 3 engine is buggy as hell, has terrible performance and is very limited. I'm hoping to see an Exile 2 on the new infusion engine.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2017 at 11:05 PM, sneakydude said:

I completely agree being open minded, because we do not know what can be generated from this. We might even see dean create another mod on his own time, that blows away the public. Who knows right?

I agree.  Somehow people are on about that I am not a fan of modding in general or thinks it ruins all games.  I've said modding is great, in certain applications.  I'm nearing 15 hundred hours of Kerbal Space Program and a large part of that has to do with mods.  Fallout 4 is modded to a T as well.  Mods are great, in a single player situation where only your imagination limits what can be changed and its always for the better.

To me, a multiplayer game shouldn't have mods, especially those that are optional (like changing crosshairs or something in the World of XYZ games).  Now, DayZ mods will be server wide, so everyone on that server will share the same experience.  But it would be healthier for the community as a whole to be sticking to one rules set, where anyone can play on any server because they're all the same.

On 9/8/2017 at 11:41 PM, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

A fair way to turn it around, but I still stand by my thinking that modding does not hurt a game in the long run.

A game, absolutely.  This game... I guess we'll have to wait and see.  Modding will be coming, so this entire discussion is quite moot, to be sure.  Honestly, I want what is best for everyone (I think we all do), so if some new whiz bang mod is the popular things, I guess that would be good.  I definitely wont be playing the eventual DayZ Battle Royale mod thast's going to try and siphon players from PUBatttlegrounds.  I have a sneaking suspicion there will be innumberable variations of mods like that.  I imagine there will be server donator packs as well.  $5.00 monthly spawns you with a backpack full of food, water and heatpacks or somesuch (a FAL with 3 mags is not out of the question here too).   :/

On 9/9/2017 at 4:01 AM, Yuval said:

Hey there pal it doesn't natter how long you've been here, if you turn a blind eye over the fact "the people that own DayZ" had abandoned it a long time ago you are a fool. DayZ used to be a legendary game, a pioneer. It is now at the bottom of its cycle.

It doesnt matter how much effort the dev team will put into the game, the man hours they can put are just a fraction of what modders do invest in their *free* time.

Ever heard of Bushlurker? I highly advise you to educate yourself and see what legendary people have invested into BI platforms.

Half-baked work is something you do see often in modding, thats how it is. Modders do not gain money and do their work at their free time. Your comment is an insult to many respected modders in the community who dedicated a great deal of effort to the foundations of BI titles.

Where did I say how long I've been here had any bearing on the validity of what I am saying?  Stop projecting.  ;)

DayZ isn't even here yet.  It's cycle hasn't even started.  People have burned themselves out "testing" a platform that has taken awhile to coalesce.  Patience is severely lacking in todays videogamer.

Your insistence that I am not educated in nuances of modding is silly. 

I used "half-baked" not to describe modding, but to describe the current state of the DayZ game itself.  Why?  because its not a finished game yet.  Reread what I said.  You could replace "baked" with "finished"... at present people are not playing the half-finished DayZ.  Stop taking personal offense.  I'm one of the least offensive people here. 

On 9/9/2017 at 5:46 AM, pilgrim* said:

Particularly players who tend to get blinded by the extra loot/weapons and PVP focus etc.

It will be interesting seeing what OTHER things modders can do with DayZ. Do you expect to see Mods that have more 'survival' 'crafting' or 'difficulty' etc,  WITHOUT  extra loot/weapons and PVP focus?  Would those attract players away from vanilla? What other kinds of mods do you suggest, as off-the-top-of-your-head examples?  - Are Modders keen to build versions that do not increase easy/loot/bases/trade/vehicles/weapons//PVP?

xxp 

I do have a friend who is dead set on a modding in more severe survival version of DayZ.  Who knows, maybe that will be the next big thing, but I really imagine it being a godsend for a small niche of players that want that while everyone else will complain vanilla DayZ is too hard.  I'm already seeing complains that adding in a stamina system needs to be countered by more plentiful and easier to aquire vehicles.  I think the man-on-the-street gamer doesn't consider the realistic survival gameplay to be "fun".  DayZ wont be the game for them, to be sure.

On 9/9/2017 at 7:05 AM, Yuval said:

That would be a great number of "testers", which is all one should really be doing with the game in its current state.  Why people are playing, and discussing this game as if it were feature complete is lost on me.

On 9/9/2017 at 9:15 AM, pilgrim* said:

To play a mod you have to BUY the original - So NEW "DayZ-mod" players who want to play a  mod will have to buy DayZ. The the lifetime of DayZ game sales might augment or extend if there were some successful mods.

1 ) The 4000 players   who already play DayZ will either get less keen on DayZ and  give up or move to a mod, OR the promised improvements will be COHERENT enough to attract "the original" type of player (the many players who were originally keen on the game) -   some for survival and hunting, some for PVP, some for 'private' hanging out with the clan, whatever  ..   There are changes and balancing taking place. They will be successful or not.

2 ) If you think it is critical and deadly that there are ONLY 4000 players on DayZ - meaning  the game is a screwed, dead game, then why do you want to make a mod of it?
If modders had waited until the original DayZ ARMA Mod was already dead, with only a couple of servers and a dozen players left, before they started alternative modding .. no one would have moved out of DayZ Mod to go play the new mods. but it was alive, lots of people did move out, the player base fragmented.. the mods were short-term fun and laffs, there were quite a few of them, pretty quickly they have all gone away & nothing is left. No original, no mods. 

'Seems you are saying here, "we can do a better job of DayZ than BI did  because look they have no players. WE can attract the players BI can't."
I guess that must mean you are looking for new players, who are a different KIND of player.. right? (because the 'past' players who liked the game are already gone, yes?)

If there are only 4000 players.. why the hell bother to mess with the game?.. you ain't going to please that tiny minority of folk, so you MUST be looking for a new audience ?
Your new audience will be split between 20-30-(50?) mods,  and one or two of them will swim and NOT sink.. I guess the same will happen to DayZ SA?

OK, this is not a criticism, but it is simple to understand.

You want to mod for a playerbase that you say doesn't exist -  is that your main point?  Why should I be "scared" of this topic?

Nobody in their right mind should be having issues with these facts. 

xxp

I think people are imagining the current playerbase is all thats left of people that will play the finished product.   Hell, there is still people complaining that Dean Hall "took the Lambos and ran!", or that the game is stalled and will never actually be released, lol.   Naturally, people are then enticed by thinking that soon they'll be given the tools to fix everything thats wrong, and people will flock to their individual recipe for a better game.  All the while, the game is not even done.  Maybe the devs nail the balanced sweet spot that delivers a great gameplay experience for all the varied playertypes there are.  It will require the hardcore cats to give way a little (there too much food and ammo available!), and it will require the casual PvP player to give a little too (I can't sprint across the map fully laden with 80lbs of military gear on me anymore!).   Instead of each style relinquishing a little, they'll just branch off to each flavor of mod that suits them best.   I'd rather play on 1 full server with a gameplay mechanic I don't care for, than have the choice between 2 half-full (half empty?) servers with wildly varying rulesets.

On 9/9/2017 at 7:07 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

we will see what dayz is like when it's finished , it may surprise you.

This is the measured approach I can get behind.  Not one person in this thread has a crystal ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klesh said:

..//..
Not one person in this thread has a crystal ball.

True klesh - and I thought about your comment - here's an aside on Mods and why DayZ was FAMOUS.

Now I have too much gear and i'm looking for barrels or places to put interesting stuff I find next -  in fact stocking up on stuff -and that's what occupies my mind in the gameplay -  not staying alive, but planning for staying alive in an indefinite future -  (so the game has changed).  Some folk like that and complain there is not more "ease" in the gameplay. So who said "You want to live forever"? - And mods will TEND to go that way. Because there is a strange tendency that as a game becomes more "ordinary"  the fans want to take out the "less ordinary" and make it more predictable. As though "extraordinary" and "difficult" and "boring" are related words, we pretend they mean the same thing, and we don't like that "thing". Less difficult means less boring - nah, that can't be right?  'Unfair' and 'unexpected' mean the same as "predictable"? Do they?

This searching for "permanence" and having stashes of things you will/might need, has taken over from what WAS the excitement of the game..  which was END DEATH restart from ZERO at ANY moment (sometimes for CRAZY reasons) .. And now if i'm killed I can go back to a stash and gear up again - I like to start from scratch (it's fun), but I also know where I have some ammo stashed on the map.. maybe I'll make my way towards that? .. but it seems the DayZ permadeath has in REALITY gone away forever.

So persistence was the change that made DayZ into a different game.. it took ABSOLUTE DEATH out .. still a good game, but NOT the one that attracted me in the first place. "persistence" or any long-term "continuity"  was NOT what drew me in and made me a fan at ALL. Exactly the opposite:

you remember this?

2q3prf9.png 

This is what got me into DayZ..

Average life expectancy:

You play, and the session and your life were maybe the same length - both come 100% to an end, unexpectedly, abruptly, when you die.
Black/Nothing = Then you restart <REALLY> at zero and you play again. You have no backup. 

I don't think that offended the PVP players a lot, either (& there were plenty of them) .. maybe they got a kick from Unique DayZ TOTAL Death, because it made the PVP more exciting? 

just a comment - no RSVP thanx.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

So persistence was the change that made DayZ into a different game.. it took ABSOLUTE DEATH out .. still a good game, but NOT the one that attracted me in the first place. "persistence" or any long-term "continuity"  was NOT what drew me in and made me a fan at ALL. Exactly the opposite:

you remember this?

2q3prf9.png 

Average life expectancy:

You play, and the session and your life were maybe the same length - both come 100% to an end, unexpectedly, abruptly, when you die.
Black/Nothing = Then you restart <REALLY> at zero and you play again. You have no backup. 

I don't think that offended the PVP players a lot, either (& there were plenty of them) .. maybe they got a kick from Unique DayZ TOTAL Death, because it made the PVP more exciting? 

Ahhh, good times.. back when DayZ "was really" DayZ. I so wish I had a time machine, just to go back to being entirely new to the experience :(

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

you remember this?

2q3prf9.png 

Average life expectancy:

I do remember those days.  Boy it really was a fresh experience I don't think many of us had had in multiplayer games prior.

I think part of that short lifespawn was the zombarino count.   If you weren't careful, you could have 25 zombos swarming you within minutes of spawning on the beach.  Presently, you can slink around some of the smaller villages and only be forced to deal with 4-6 infected. You might even find towns with no zombos at all.

Indeed, I have always taken a measured approach to what constitutes a "good" play session in this game.   Expectations vary.  For some, they need to kill several other players, not die themselves, and also make it to a couple different mil spawns in a vehicle to restock their mil gear, all in the course of a few hours.   For me, I can be satisfied with spawning on the coast and making it 3-4 towns inland.  Taking it slow, methodical, looting every nook and cranny, and stabilizing my characters food and water needs.  I am perfectly fine with not even seeing another player.  I might play with a couple cats on voice coms, be on separate sides of the map, and enjoy an evening of each other describing their adventures as we try to meet one another.

I guess the game needs to somehow balance and provide a satisfying experience for the variety of people that come to invest a few hours a night in the gameworld.  Not an easy or envious design task, to be sure.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 2

On 9/9/2017 at 0:46 PM, pilgrim* said:

To be fair I think it depends a lot on where the starting point is. DayZ is very survival/scarcity oriented, so there is less need for mods that make it even more so. For example, look at Fallout or Skyrim. They're loot galore and very accessible games, and for those games you can find many large mods or complete overhauls that make them significantly harder and more "by the skin of your teeth" survival games.

And just to clarify, "less need" doesn't mean "won't be," there are mods for Fallout and Skyrim that make the game even easier and ridiculous in many ways, and likewise there could come mods that make DayZ even more difficult and/or add detail to the survival elements. (Also I get the examples are SP games but my point stands.)

22 hours ago, klesh said:

I imagine there will be server donator packs as well.  $5.00 monthly spawns you with a backpack full of food, water and heatpacks or somesuch (a FAL with 3 mags is not out of the question here too).   :/

It is out of the question as far as Bohemia is concerned. https://www.bistudio.com/monetization

20 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Sorry, but what? The original DayZ mod had persistence -- in fact it was worse than what we have now. Tents were in the original DayZ mod. You could put weapons in them and save the tent, then take the weapons out and not save. Now your tent would always be filled with all your saved gear on server restart, same with vehicle positions. (Though I think manual thing was later removed and tents save automatically, but tents remain.)

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
Edited for better tone, sorry.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, klesh said:

DayZ isn't even here yet.  It's cycle hasn't even started.  People have burned themselves out "testing" a platform that has taken awhile to coalesce.  Patience is severely lacking in todays videogamer.

Oh boy I can't even tell if you're serious or not. Take notes of your own essays while you write them.

Edited by Yuval

7 hours ago, Yuval said:

Oh boy I can't even tell if you're serious or not. Take notes of your own essays while you write them.

Trying to avoid heated discussions here but i think he's right. The true dayz experience (the one devs are striving towards) hasn't arrived yet. What we've been given is different designs of gameplay such as more loot/less loot, spreading of mil items, moved coastal spawns etc. If you can recall back into pre .60 the versions were never really the same. We'd have super cold weather on one patch, eternal night in another or the lootsplosion patch. Never concrete or defined.

23 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

opaque rose-tinted glasses

How do you know they are rose tinted if they are opaque ? - powerful the Force in this one !  A change I sense in the Gameness !

?

- one player writes:
 <<
I would be happy if the description on the steam page would be actually about the game.
It's says something about fight for your life.
In it's current state, and I think 0.63 will be no different, the game is giving the players zero incentive to do anything.
>>

Was this game ever a "special" game once? - or is this my imagination?  just my light-blocking also rose-tinting wraparounds?  (dude, the mirrors are on the inside).
Was DayZ in any way "special" or was it another game like all the rest of them? And always has been?  And has something changed // or nothing changed?

If it was "extraordinary"  ? ..  then WHAT in your opinion was Unique about DayZ ?

Edited by pilgrim*
~