exacomvm

When .63 comes to experimental ?

Hey all, based on Gamescom footage, the game seems pretty playable, i hope developers could bring .63 in Exp asap e.g. after gamescom, what do you think ?

The only and boring answer is:
When it's ready.

Unless the developers give a date it's just guess work.
I am hoping for December, anything sooner or later is fine though.

• Like 1

Not to experimental. Experimental is for potential stable branches not for demos.

However there is the possibility they could open another branch for the demo. 

• Like 3

It will most likely take at least weeks and probably months is my guess. Just because something SEEMS playable (controlled environment) doesn't mean it is ready for the public and all aspects are in place. Also, they will probably want to be very sure beta is all everyone (or most) wants it to be to not repeat previous "grieve".

• Like 5

I'm sure that they are shooting for Novemberish, wanting out to throw it out as an early Christmas gift to themselves for working so hard.

• Like 1

No idea, but there was talk of letting people who didn't go to Gamescom play the demo, so they might end up releasing that prior to 0.63 experimental. No promises, of course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

Not to experimental. Experimental is for potential stable branches not for demos.

However there is the possibility they could open another branch for the demo. 

That would be great, long time ago we needed this for impatient ppl like myself.

Edited by exacomvm

oops

Edited by Espa

We are once honest, if 0.63 on exp comes, in the minimum everything must be possible what we have now. And I'm really waiting for them to re-install all "influences" that we knew briefly (shoes go slowly broken .. depending on the kind of the terrain), illnesses and many other "little things". Only in sum and with all influences and consequences put our brains on "hot & hyperthermic". This will take time, but that is worth it to wait.

9 hours ago, Gobbokirk said:

Unless the developers give a date it's just guess work.

Our dearest developers live in another universe, where rules of quantum physics and time are massively diffrent. They seem to be stuck in 2015, while we're in 2017.

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-2015-roadmap/

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Our dearest developers live in another universe, where rules of quantum physics and time are massively diffrent. They seem to be stuck in 2015, while we're in 2017.

They do live in a different universe than you do, that is the universe of Game Development :) Be glad you don't live there.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WOLFGEIST said:

They do live in a different universe than you do, that is the universe of Game Development :) Be glad you don't live there.

Also known as reality, where things change and people move on from old jokes :P

15 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Sorry.

This is an old post of officially no longer exists. There is still in Dayztv because it is not updated. It should be pushed into the archive.

There is only one roadmap and that is on the official website. (And there is no data for time and date).

44 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

Sorry.

This is an old post of officially no longer exists. There is still in Dayztv because it is not updated. It should be pushed into the archive.

There is only one roadmap and that is on the official website. (And there is no data for time and date).

I have a feeling your comment does not add new information to anyone. Just Caused's comment was a mere illustration and not a serious factual point.

• Like 2

Yes, you can be right. My statement should not be a criticism only a hint.

20 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Hmm i totally forgotten about the price increase once it hits beta. Has anything changed i wonder?

2 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Hmm i totally forgotten about the price increase once it hits beta. Has anything changed i wonder?

I'm not sure about that, but I know it'll definetly increased when the game gets released.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:16 PM, Espa said:

I'm sure that they are shooting for Novemberish, wanting out to throw it out as an early Christmas gift to themselves for working so hard.

That should be 0.64 at least

It actually should be something like 0.7 before christmas, because the hard tech work should be done, and the fun part should begin - implementing all that content which was prepared in all these years. 

Should

4 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

It actually should be something like 0.7 before christmas, because the hard tech work should be done, and the fun part should begin - implementing all that content which was prepared in all these years. 

Should

These numbers have no meaning. 0.7 probably wont mean 8 updates (from 0.62 to 0.70).

At this point the numbers are a mere identifier and not an order. From 0.63, the road to 1.0 is quite short and numbers are to be skipped.

• Like 1

Yes it is relative, it doesn't mean actual sequence 1 by 1 in between. But traditionally it has always been a 0.01 step. Those steps could be made in: ages,or centuries, or decades, or years, or months, or weeks, or days, or hours. No, hours would probably be too fast :D In this case iterations might be blended. But it would break the tradition.

So if the tradition goes, there will be 38 iterations left for the rest of unknown time span. 

2 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

Yes it is relative, it doesn't mean actual sequence 1 by 1 in between. But traditionally it has always been a 0.01 step. Those steps could be made in: ages,or centuries, or decades, or years, or months, or weeks, or days, or hours. No, hours would probably be too fast :D In this case iterations might be blended. But it would break the tradition.

So if the tradition goes, there will be 38 iterations left for the rest of unknown time span. 

That's alpha, once beta goes like they may reset the counter and call it 1.63 who knows... hehe

On 8/23/2017 at 8:25 PM, Just Caused said:

I never knew animal companions were on their initial roadmap. That's pretty exciting actually. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

4 hours ago, sneakydude said:

That's alpha, once beta goes like they may reset the counter and call it 1.63 who knows... hehe

That's not really how it works. Technically there are an infinite amount of numbers between any two other numbers, and they are used however developers see fit to represent their progression. Iterations represented by an increase of .01 are usually large or significant changes, but increases of .001 are minor patches. There are often many smaller iterations between the larger ones. Also, the choice of number is for the most part arbitrary, but they adhere to the convention that 1.0 is the finished product, and higher numbers are used to represent newer iterations. Normally 1.0 is referred to as the beta, and the beta is basically the finished product to be tested, but the DayZ devs don't seem to consider beta close enough to the finished product to refer to it as 1.0. They seem to be saving 1.0 for the absolutely finished product. 

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Solopopo said:

there are an infinite amount of numbers between any two other numbers

Prove it.  : )