averryy

Cant seem to join this server?

Just stays on that screen for ages unless I close the game, or rarely will say "failed to connect to host" 

I can join other servers just fine!

Could be the permissions are messed up, usually a server restart will fix that. I would verify your files etc too just to make sure, try it later/tomorrow and it will have restarted, if you still can't connect then, you will need the server owner to repair permissions, if you know who to contact? If not leave a comment on their GT I guess.

Ive just verified my files and still no luck. No idea who to contact, but not sure if it lets other people join it or not!

If he has whitelisted it or he kicks you it would give you the notice.

Nah doesnt say I need to white list nor that I am being kicked

Gametracker com :

Current Players: 0 / 0
Average (past month): 1

Server Address: 173.199.73.186   Port: 2302         Status: Dead

Server Manager: None - Claim Now!

Umm was showing live yesterday, maybe GT needed time to catch up, RIP

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

Umm was showing live yesterday, maybe GT needed time to catch up, RIP

heh - That  << Average players in the last month = 1 >> - is always a bad sign IMO, specially as "the one" seems to have been @averryy mainly ?

This is an effect of the block of IPs the Service Providers are renting  - When a game-manager gives up his server instance, the IP & Port becomes available and is auto-assigned to the next person who signs up in a decent ping 'distance'. The game is automatically reset to zero, natch. So you can log back in and find your tents and etc have gone, it's a "different" game, it might now be suddenly a buddy hangout server, or it could be a private server, or you might meet some nice people (or not nice, if that's what you like) but your stuff is gone, definitely.  Luck of the draw.   If it wasn't a snap decision, or the owner just wandered off and didn't pay, he can always think ahead and announce a warning that "his" server will be shutting down in a couple of weeks.

This will never happen on an official server.  If you lose persistence from an error on maintenance night, just message the GSP or Baty to let them know there was an issue.

The Official Hive servers are designed to be stable versions of the vanilla game, unaffected by the whims of the person paying the bill or not.

LOL @pilgrim* I can finally call these what they are and you got jack beans to say about it, haha!  ; P

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

This will never happen on an official server.  If you lose persistence from an error on maintenance night, just message the GSP or Baty to let them know there was an issue.

The Official Hive servers are designed to be stable versions of the vanilla game, unaffected by the whims of the person paying the bill or not.

LOL @pilgrim* I can finally call these what they are and you got jack beans to say about it, haha!  ; P

You still say =strange=  things Emuthreat.. reminds me of old times !

Did you read what gametracker said about this server? Did you do any research? The address is at the top of the thread. Start there and root around a little.

meanwhile

Name: DayZ // UK // LOOT // ENG 
Address: 173.199.73.186   Port: 2302   Status: Alive  [21:00 GMT - 24 Aug]

Address: 173.199.73.186   Port: 2302   Status: Dead  [22:00 GMT - 24 Aug]

Address: 173.199.73.186   Port: 2302   Status: Alive   [22:30 GMT - 24 Aug]

.. let's see what happens next, OK ? For your interest, go to :

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/173.199.73.186:2302/

And check the Historical Data for this DayZ instance for THE LAST 30 DAYS -  OK ? (it is mid-page right)

You say, oddly - " stable versions of the vanilla game, unaffected by the whims of the person paying the bill or not" - NOW suppose the person, paying the bill just STOPPED paying it? - We already know The GSP has PAID to HIRE a not inconsiderable number of expensive IPs (physical servers)  to run its DayZ instances on. Do you think it keeps that one game open forever when the dude's debit order fails, or he tells his bank not to pay it, or he terminates his contract?? -  NO WAY DUDE -  the GSP is now paying for a spare empty slot (NOT profitable!)  - the next punter in decent ping range (the server farm in this case is in the UK, or "close".. maybe Amsterdam) - AND the next punter who wants to pay for a DayZ instance will be given THAT slot. The game is reset = zeroed = and he gets the new passwords and the interface access, as soon as the GSP has auto-processed (taken) his money.

You aren't so NAIVE as to think the GSP changes the IP number and port number EVERY TIME they hire out that same DAYZ instance  to a new payer ?? WHY would they do that?  That .. COSTS ..  <good grief!>

Let"s do a Plato/Aristotle (for amusement)  - OK? Hypothesis = Suppose EVERYONE stopped paying for the DayZ  they hire now  - How LONG do you think the "Official Hive Servers" would go on providing you with free tent space, paid for by the GSP out of their kind philanthropic hearts  ?? Years, months, days, seconds ? 

If the "Server" changes owner - ( this is common parlance. In fact what is rented by the 'player-who-pays' is one of the several game instances run on each dedicated server hired by the GSP from a data center [a server farm] ) 

- if the "server" player(payer) terminates his hire agreement with the GSP for any reason (you can imagine a few?)  = that game instance goes back automatically into the pool of availabe-for-hire DayZ instances. The GSP "may" let it run on unattended until a new punter asks to sign up, but probably won't (except if incompetent) because the old paying player has the access info, and that just wont DO will it? (he's not paying anymore) - and it's inefficient =  we hate that =  & it's so much easier to do the reset & setup in one operation straight away FULLY automatically.   The game state is wiped back to "start from zero" ready for when a new punter turns up and gets his new interface info, which is already waiting for him  = restart when someone pays. The IP address & port do NOT change.

- So dear old EMU-person, I see you haven't changed in all these YEARS (maybe you too still have the same mental IP?) - I've been around and seen some stuff done some stuff, but now i"m back on the Earth Planet for a while - I thought of looking you up but  as we say in French:

"speak of the wolf and he comes out of the woods"

- and ain't that the truth?

IMO you should work in automated mass market online games-distribution sales tech or read up about it. Have fun finding out !

ps .. who is Jak Sh1t exactly? Does he play?

Beanz to everyone

xxp

@pilgrim*  I think you missed the meaning of my post.

The OP was complaining that his "home server" has vanished.  This does not happen with the official hive servers anymore, because they have isolated the official branch servers in preparation to properly facilitate the vanilla experience, and I recommended them for stability and consistency.

Perhaps I should have instead said "you should play on official servers if you don't want to risk losing your progress."  I suppose it wasn't very clearly stated.

As always, you know your stuff regarding the intricacies of server hosting allocation practices; but you seemed to have missed the bit of information pertinent to my advice to OP.  
I haven't looked over the contracts, so I don't know if they are obligated to host official servers despite not having any renters (In the bizarre case that it would require for that to be a thing), but I do know that they are now required to maintain the integrity of the Official servers.

Despite having been around, I don't see much change from you either.  Well, perhaps your unabashed bragging is less specific now.   Do you still enjoy bicycle rides in the countryside, and enjoying good books and wine with your unbelievably beautiful girlfriend?  LOL

I see you still put in just as much effort as ever in pursuit of completely missing the point of my posts about the official servers.  They are now a real thing, you know?  Bohemia realized the importance of having a place for players to experience the game without their server getting randomly recycled.

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

The OP was complaining that his "home server" has vanished.  This does not happen with the official hive servers anymore, because they have isolated the official branch servers in preparation to properly facilitate the vanilla experience, and I recommended them for stability and consistency.
 I do know that they are now required to maintain the integrity of the Official servers.

I see you still put in just as much effort as ever in pursuit of completely missing the point of my posts about the official servers.  They are now a real thing, you know?  Bohemia realized the importance of having a place for players to experience the game without their server getting randomly recycled.

I see that You did NOT check the server mentioned, which is listed as "OFFICIAL" - and shows up on the OFFICIAL list today [25 Aug 00:10 GMT] but does NOT function ATM.

A little more interest and you could have figured out WHY.  It takes a few too many minutes of your time, I guess ..

- and so you do NOT know what happens when you try.. right ?? - There is a REASON for such events (more than one, indeed). 

But DOGMA has ever been at odds with REASON.

Yes I am a tremendously talented individual (to answer your second question) - a sort of modern day Renaissance Man. In fact strikingly intelligent, witty and handsome, well versed in the arts and the sciences. 

Good to hear from you again Emuthreat, - You're not offended I hope?  -  I was seriously thinking of contacting you while on the top floor of a barn beating off seven wolves (is that 2 packs?) with a rusty spade I found there. After what seemed like 20 minutes and plenty of blood loss & bandaging during the fight I killed 4 of them and the rest gave up. This was an interesting re-intro to the game.   I think in these circumstances we should be permitted to cut the throats of the fresh kills and drink their hot blood. Seems only fair.

OR - (renaissance - [add a rapier to the game,  and some classically formal hat doffing instead of just giving the finger] ) - if we stretch burlap over a stick frame can we build an easel and paint DayZ sunsets using wolf bristles to craft the brushes? Beats spraypaint IMO.  And people do seem rather to complain about reading 'books' to pass the time.

Also we TOTALLY obviously need caltraps for cars.. I hate vehicles (not sorry). 

There are too many towns and villages on the maps now, and the undergrowth per tree is considerably thinned out. Otherwise no complaints.. Just far too much building.

xxp   see you in the forest somewhere sometime,

34 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

I see that You did NOT check the server mentioned, which is listed as "OFFICIAL" - and shows up on the OFFICIAL list today [25 Aug 00:10 GMT] but does NOT function ATM.

A little more interest and you could have figured out WHY.  It takes a few too many minutes of your time, I guess ..

- and so you do NOT know what happens when you try.. right ?? - There is a REASON for such events (more than one, indeed). 

But DOGMA has ever been at odds with REASON.

Yes I am a tremendously talented individual (to answer your second question) - a sort of modern day Renaissance Man. In fact strikingly intelligent, witty and handsome, well versed in the arts and the sciences. 

Good to hear from you again Emuthreat, - You're not offended I hope?  -  I was seriously thinking of contacting you while on the top floor of a barn beating off seven wolves (is that 2 packs?) with a rusty spade I found there. After what seemed like 20 minutes and plenty of blood loss & bandaging during the fight I killed 4 of them and the rest gave up. This was an interesting re-intro to the game.   I think in these circumstances we should be permitted to cut the throats of the fresh kills and drink their hot blood. Seems only fair.

OR - (renaissance - [add a rapier to the game,  and some classically formal hat doffing instead of just giving the finger] ) - if we stretch burlap over a stick frame can we build an easel and paint DayZ sunsets using wolf bristles to craft the brushes? Beats spraypaint IMO.  And people do seem rather to complain about reading 'books' to pass the time.

Also we TOTALLY obviously need caltraps for cars.. I hate vehicles (not sorry). 

There are too many towns and villages on the maps now, and the undergrowth per tree is considerably thinned out. Otherwise no complaints.. Just far too much building.

xxp   see you in the forest somewhere sometime,

Was this the link you were talking about?  https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/173.199.73.186:2302/

I went and looked and it is called "DayZ // Loot // UK // ENG"

That is not an official server.  I am now confused...

I am certain now, that you are the single most humble human to ever grace this dusty ball we call the Earth.  Amazingly humble, the humblest.  And with a sense of humor to match.  Buckaroo Banzai got nothin' on U.

Edited by emuthreat

16 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Perhaps I should have instead said "you should play on official servers if you don't want to risk losing your progress."  I suppose it wasn't very clearly stated.

As always, you know your stuff regarding the intricacies of server hosting allocation practices; but you seemed to have missed the bit of information pertinent to my advice to OP.  
I haven't looked over the contracts, so I don't know if they are obligated to host official servers despite not having any renters (In the bizarre case that it would require for that to be a thing), but I do know that they are now required to maintain the integrity of the Official servers.

Despite having been around, I don't see much change from you either.  Well, perhaps your unabashed bragging is less specific now.   Do you still enjoy bicycle rides in the countryside, and enjoying good books and wine with your unbelievably beautiful girlfriend?  LOL

Funny thing that you won't admit : official servers are just as bad as unofficial publics . Lots of loot disappearing , lots of server outages . No thanks , I'll stick to a private server .

3 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

Funny thing that you won't admit : official servers are just as bad as unofficial publics . Lots of loot disappearing , lots of server outages . No thanks , I'll stick to a private server .

I've never really seen any problems with these things this patch.  You are talking about THIS PATCH aren't you?  The only issues I've been aware of, have been from a couple of the ATL 1pp servers that got hives crossed with 3pp official servers.

If you know of any current issues with official servers, please report them.  AFAIK, they now have a responsibility to maintain distinct, stable official servers for the duration of a patch, this includes not having any persistence glitches or reassignments of  any server.

https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Servers

One advantage of the Community Servers is that "most" of them are on the common Community Hive, so you can change between servers with the same character etc.  Like in the ..(er) .."bad" old days..  and probably a lot of other stuff happens like in the bad old days..

This is also true of the Bohemia Official Hive, but without the bad old days.

And the second advantage of the Community Servers is not necessarily playing in the dark.  Many players have their game time in the evening. This means on the Official Hive servers run (hired) by Bohemia themselves, all the 24hour clock games will be dark or going dark by 8pm. Some folk perhaps like "always" playing in the dark, some like it less, some don't have a choice about their playtime. It is striking that the Community Servers (and the punters) are mainly keen on daylight.

- and - aside - they also like the Community Hive much more than the Private Shards (freedom of movement is popular, as always). Some players see the bad old days as player and play-style freedom in itself. The players pay for what they want to play.

I know that that Bohemia cannot  "guarantee" that no hive data will ever be lost due to a server incident (they can't claim you will never loose your tent on their watch) or that none of their third-party servers will ever go down for any reason. But they make a sincere and well organized high-level commitment to avoiding this, and to recovering player data lost or corrupted by errors, glitches, or events outside their control. Some Community Hive and (I guess) Private Shard server owners are perhaps not so hot on this aspect of play, or don't give a damn. Or have other aims in life.

So Bohemia now hire a bunch of their own DayZ servers run with Cast Iron Regularity on their separate Official Hive.

This also enables them to conduct their tests and D-Z economy tweaks in a 'rigorously' controlled environment. And IMO to closely watch what players are actually doing. This is something they need to know. Development & outcome is profitable or it is not.

And the Community Hive is the same mass of fun, chaos and massacre, variable-reliability /fair/unfair/ with Crazed, or Sane, Sheriff & Gangster Mods as it always was - everyone running their servers according to their agenda, their bible, or what they smoked last. - AND daylight if you want it.

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
existential

7 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

@averryy it is live right now, GO! Lol

@  MadMcardle...  NO - it ain't   

[ Sat 26 Aug 14:22 GMT ]

9 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

@  MadMcardle...  NO - it ain't   

[ Sat 26 Aug 14:22 GMT ]

It was when I posted! And it wasn't aimed at you either lol