Espa

GamesCom Pics/Vids

7mtyx5ki5qhz.jpg

M1NDR :)

First person blood texture

New ground texture (I think)

New 'ready' stance when holding the knife (Unless this is simply a mid-animation screenshot)

Edited by Espa
  • Like 8

Maybe Stream soonish :D

• Like 4

Decent video summarizing stuffs :D 

Just noticed when I watched more closely that there is separate stamina for sprinting if I see right? Pretty cool and it should hopefully be flexible to mod.

• Like 2

Nice video Espa.  Thanks.  I completely agree with Vertigo's assessment in the video.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, St. Jimmy said:

Just noticed when I watched more closely that there is separate stamina for sprinting if I see right? Pretty cool and it should hopefully be flexible to mod.

I'm not sure but I believe Eugen mentioned that the draining bar is your actual stamina at that point and the other bar is your total stamina with your weight counted in. Which means, the more weight, the more grayed out the bar is and the less you can sprint.

But it might as well be two bars, one for your stamina overall which determines how long you can sprint and jog and when you need to take a break. The other one would be the one how long you could sprint. I guess we'll see what it exactly is when we get our hands on 0.63. :)

Edit: after watching the video Espa posted it looks like there is a sprint bar and a overall stamina bar. Which is very interesting. You can sprint a bit until your out of "sprint stamina" but you can also run out of overall stamina by jogging too much. I love how they implemented this and I hoped they would do it like this, makes sense as well.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

I know all the youngbloods here are extremely impatient. The next Arma game will be using the Enfusion engine and all the tech that Dayz is currently prototyping. The tech in Dayz  will be used in all of bohemia shooter games for the foreseeable future. So Arma 4 is going to use it and it needs to be right before Bohemia decides to release any games with it. 

This technology isn't just for DayZ, it is for ALL of bohemia Interactive. 

Let them do their jobs. There is plenty of salt on Reddit if you want to go hang out with those mongoloids.

Funny,  most of the critics say that Reddit is a circle jerk. There's plenty of us who truly love DayZ and BIS on Reddit.  The trolls mostly come out on the weekends. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Espa said:

Decent video summarizing stuffs :D 

This is actually a good video which has a good balance between appropriate expectations and doubt. If things work out like in this video, I am all open to really start playing again. But after what I have seen, I am totally against celebrating it as long as we just see videos of it. There have been "too good" announcements before. Sure, things look smooth and responsive in the video, but they also do in the live version when you play on an empty server with a good connection. If I the first time log into a 30-40 pop people server in 0.63 and everything is unresponsive, lagging and what not, then I will probably just uninstall for good.

But I am all open for a positive surprise, let's see how it turns out.

Edited by EZann
  • Like 1

I haven't played dayz for quite a while either - I'm defiantly one of the 'hardcore fans' mentioned in the video eager to see the dev team come good! But remember it's the start of beta, things will still be far from perfect... regardless there are going to be people who still don't get what early access is and quite simply don't want to know about it. 

I've been watching some of the star citizen footage from gamescom, they are hitting a pivotal milestone as well with their 3.0 release. The people who have bought into it with no clue are exactly the same as those that bought into Dayz without a clue - who would be an early access developer...

Edited by The Ghost of Hoik
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WOLFGEIST said:

Funny,  most of the critics say that Reddit is a circle jerk. There's plenty of us who truly love DayZ and BIS on Reddit.  The trolls mostly come out on the weekends. 

Remember what Reddit did to rocket?

I do....

You know, Eugen and the others are really impressing me with their enthusiasm and confidence for this Beta :D Apparently, they are working on the game while at GamesCom, turning out new Updates for it. . Whew, talk about devoted to work.

They have got me on a Hype Train that is too fast to get off xD

Edited by Espa
  • Like 4

On 8/23/2017 at 8:35 AM, Caatalyst said:

Holy shit so modding is in the next patch and base building definitely not far behind YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

In the next patch ? Hahahahaha you're so funny . Try like 6 months or so. Not much news lately , we knew base building was coming with beta , same with modding . I'm very disappointed that we missed a status report for this "demo".

• Like 1

Decent thread, and for the first time in years the Devs have actually got em excited with something, this is bringing everything we wanted and what I really wanted (base building) its the one thing I think wil bring back alot of people, yes I knwo Dayz is a game of its own, but the thing that keeps people paling other survival games like Ark and rust ect, is the fact they can play and call somewhere home, something Dayz has not offered 

That alone has me very excited, now my only worry is them saying and showing this and them pushing it back a year or so :( lets not be reminded of that dreaded 2013 road map aye :'( 

On 8/24/2017 at 5:47 AM, Espa said:

Hopefully some good info will come out today ^_^ 

Compliments of @Wolfgeist on Reddit, summarizing some of the awesome changes.

• They said apples and stones are spawning on the ground, and aren't unlimited.
  • the new melee system automatically detects entities in your proximity, not sure if this means a soft "lock on" mechanism or what exactly.
  • Eugen said you will see the character holding the mag and you can see every round being loaded, on a revolver you can see the exact amount in the wheel, pretty cool!
  • The stamina bar isn't linear: it will replenish slower the lower it is, meaning you don't want to let yourself get totally exhausted.
  • You can place a generator using the precise placement system and connect it to an electrified fence.
  • There is now a belt slot, hopefully we get belt holsters and knife sheaths!
  • The "resolution" of the inventory has increased meaning there's many more slots in each container, some items will become smaller or bigger generally meaning you will be able to carry more very small items than before.
  • Many functions such as crafting, first aid, etc will function from the quick bar.
  • Sound will be affected by walls so zombies will be less likely to hear you through a wall.
  • we will be able to distract zombies with objects thrown.
  • The contents of our stomach will be more realistically simulated including digestion, etc. Maybe your belly will stick out a bit of you're full?

Thanks for the acknowledgement!

• Like 3

Rene :D 

His own footage at GamesCom! 

Edited by Espa
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Espa said:

-snip-

Rene :D 

His own footage at GamesCom! 

I suspect many people are going to have problems with the new system for readying/aiming a weapon. Middle-mouse to aim down sights seems kinda clunky, but hopefully there's an option to toggle the stance instead of holding a button constantly. (Reminds me of MGS5.)

Also, nice beer bottle at 12:09 - 13:19!

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

I suspect many people are going to have problems with the new system for readying/aiming a weapon. Middle-mouse to aim down sights seems kinda clunky, but hopefully there's an option to toggle the stance instead of holding a button constantly. (Reminds me of MGS5.)

Also, nice beer bottle at 12:09 - 13:19!

Yeah, definitely an interesting system they have currently. . It may be something that you could get used to though :)

If not, I think. . The button chart that I posted a few days ago had a Double Right Click Toggle for Aiming. . 

Hopefully! xD 

16 hours ago, Ree' said:

the fact they can play and call somewhere home, something Dayz has not offered 

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you don't know how to use tents and barrels properly....

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

I suspect many people are going to have problems with the new system for readying/aiming a weapon. Middle-mouse to aim down sights seems kinda clunky, but hopefully there's an option to toggle the stance instead of holding a button constantly.

Do you need to hold down right mouse to bring your hands up, then also hold middle to aim and left to shoot? Sounds very bad system if so.

1 hour ago, St. Jimmy said:

Do you need to hold down right mouse to bring your hands up, then also hold middle to aim and left to shoot? Sounds very bad system if so.

Yes I believe so. I mean my previous mouse had it's middle scroll button broken which would have been a pain to work with. But don't forget you'll probably be able to change the keybinds.

It's just the concept they're aiming for which they initially had when they first started DayZ sa. (having to raise arms/weapon when aiming and such)

8 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Yes I believe so. I mean my previous mouse had it's middle scroll button broken which would have been a pain to work with. But don't forget you'll probably be able to change the keybinds.

It's just the concept they're aiming for which they initially had when they first started DayZ sa. (having to raise arms/weapon when aiming and such)

Yeah at least the default keybinds they have been thinking sounds don't really sound good. I know I'll do it so spacebar is for raise hands, rmb aim and left shoot. Middle will be for actions. Hopefully it can be configured that way and one key isn't so that it makes many things unless wanted.

One thing I'm wondering will there be hold breath at all then? That would be another button to hold down when shooting if they don't allow toggle :D

Edited by St. Jimmy

20 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you don't know how to use tents and barrels properly....

You really cant call that home, "Basebuilding" is what plenty of folk have asked for, for along ass time, and they ahve finally implemented what alot of people want :D the lack of base building is why I have a lack of hours on SA, tho I have owed it since day1 

People want walls doors and storage, not bloody tents and hidden barrels lol

5 hours ago, St. Jimmy said:

When it was asked "how do I aim down sights?" (3:42) Someone said "middle mouse button."
I don't think you need to hold it, just press it to swap the aiming "mode" until right-click is released.

3 hours ago, St. Jimmy said:

Yeah at least the default keybinds they have been thinking sounds don't really sound good. I know I'll do it so spacebar is for raise hands, rmb aim and left shoot. Middle will be for actions. Hopefully it can be configured that way and one key isn't so that it makes many things unless wanted.

One thing I'm wondering will there be hold breath at all then? That would be another button to hold down when shooting if they don't allow toggle :D

You can hold breath with CTRL, but what will you do if proper jumping gets implemented? (Not a thing yet, but it was proposed in the Aug 8th status report.)

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ree' said:

You really cant call that home

You'd be surprised what can be done with a couple dozen tents.  Looking forward to proper base building, but we never let that stop us from doing what was possible with tents.

• Like 3