Espa

GamesCom Pics/Vids

Yeah, Eugen says Base Building will come Feature-Complete in Beta, modding and Helicopters may be included right away also.

Crazy time for DayZ xD 

1 minute ago, Caatalyst said:

Holy shit so modding is in the next patch

Is it? Interesting if true.

Also, your profile picture brings back all the childhood memories.

• Like 1

Newest Video has much more info.

1 minute ago, Espa said:

Newest Video has much more info.

Newest video? You mean the updated one in the first post?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

Is it? Interesting if true.

Also, your profile picture brings back all the childhood memories.

Yup confirmed in the video. 0.63 will be the next update and it will bring full modding support. This is where Dayz will really get its content I bet! I have to say for the first time in many years i'm pretty hyped about the game. The only problem is... we have no idea when 0.63 is coming... it could be 2019.

I don't know where I read it, some Devs' Twitter feed, about how Apples and Rocks are along the ground instead of having an action to search for them! 

If I can find the source, I'll link it.

Also, it appears that eating = holding down the button. 

Just now, Caatalyst said:

Yup confirmed in the video. 0.63 will be the next update and it will bring full modding support. This is where Dayz will really get its content I bet! I have to say for the first time in many years i'm pretty hyped about the game. The only problem is... we have no idea when 0.63 is coming... it could be 2019.

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Nice.

inb4 "the community will finish dayz before the devs hur dur"

• Like 7

The thing that people are not seeing is games like PUbg have used the dayz tourney streams we had years ago (and battleroyale theme) apparent 2000 film. It was a blast seeing these team events unfold... survival of the best...

https://survivor-gamez.com/events/survivor-gamez-i

OCt 2012 FYI wonder if H1Z1, and Pubg got these concepts from this idea.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Espa said:

Also, it appears that eating = holding down the button. 

I noticed this too, releasing the button seems to stop the animation.  So no more cancel current action with animations being interruptible.  I'm hopeful this is for all animations, reloading and especially bandaging/medical.    

• Like 3

At 6:50, does he say TWO months. . Or Few months? Seems to have a date for .63?

Very cool vid. The wounded animations are wonderful... finally a way to visually see if the asshat who shot at you is wounded :) Kinda looks like they lowered infected aggro range too for the demo. Maybe just me, I dunno.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

The thing that people are not seeing is games like PUbg have used the dayz tourney streams we had years ago (and battleroyale theme) apparent 2000 film. It was a blast seeing these team events unfold... survival of the best...

https://survivor-gamez.com/events/survivor-gamez-i

OCt 2012 FYI wonder if H1Z1, and Pubg got these concepts from this idea.

Both (the idea of) H1Z1 and PUBG is created by one person, PLAYERUNKNOWN. H1Z1: KoTK was based on the Arma 3 mod BattleRoyale, which is also made by PLAYERUNKNOWN. Perhaps the BattleRoyale mod idea comes from the SurvivorGameZ, that could very much be true.

26 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I noticed this too, releasing the button seems to stop the animation.  So no more cancel current action with animations being interruptible.  I'm hopeful this is for all animations, reloading and especially bandaging/medical.    

It will be for all animations. They have a distinction between single use animations and continuous. The continuous animations can be interuppted (eating, drinking, etc.). I'm not sure which animations will be continuous or single.

I did see an animation for loading a magazine with bullets which is really awesome. To my knowledge, I think DayZ is the first to implement this feature. Hopefully they make an animation for sorting so I can stop looking for a slave... *ahum* I mean person, to do the ammo sorting job.

31 minutes ago, Espa said:

At 6:50, does he say TWO months. . Or Few months? Seems to have a date for .63?

Now let's not jump the gun here. He does say 3 months but in the coming 3 months they will be polishing things. This does not necessarily mean they are going to release the beta in 3 months. It might be their target and Eugen might've misspoke there but I would NOT count on it. Things can and probably will happen.

I believe they were aiming for the end of 2017 and I don't know if they stated this officially but we shouldn't get our hopes up. Getting your hopes up can only lead to disappointment. Best thing to do is wait, wheter it is playing 0.62 or playing another game. But I do have to say, these video's are itching my hands to get my hands on 0.63. :P

• Like 6

• Like 1

XDS6Qye.jpg

New controls :) 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Espa said:

XDS6Qye.jpg

New controls :) 

Space? For jump? Are they mad?

1 minute ago, BeefBacon said:

Space? For jump? Are they mad?

I'm pretty sure you can change that at anytime you like. I can already tell with these new controls I have to get used to them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IMT said:

I'm pretty sure you can change that at anytime you like. I can already tell with these new controls I have to get used to them.

Haha, I was just kidding. Was noting that they changed jump to a key more commonly associated with jumping in games.

Though it's got to be said, I'm not sure where raise and lower weapon is. I can see "hold to raise hands" but not lower them. Maybe it's being hidden by the light reflection.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

Haha, I was just kidding. Was noting that they changed jump to a key more commonly associated with jumping in games.

Though it's got to be said, I'm not sure where raise and lower weapon is. I can see "hold to raise hands" but not lower them. Maybe it's being hidden by the light reflection.

Pretty sure its' Hold Right-Click to raise your hands to get into Attack Mode, or Use Mode.

While not holding Right-Click, your hands are down.

Edited by Espa
  • Like 3

Just now, Espa said:

Pretty sure its' Hold Right-Click to raise your hands to get into Attack Mode, or Use Mode.

While not holding Right-Click, you hands are down.

Oh that's interesting. So it's not a toggle? Oh, and it looks like the mouse wheel, or the middle mouse button, activates iron sights. Okay, I understand now. And yeah, "double tap to toggle" so I guess you can double right click and raise your weapon that way. I'm liking the sound of this new setup so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gadget_97 said:

When I gave all that I could in a sprint, no, running doesn't gives me the energy necessary to do it again 30 seconds later. Have you ever sprint in your life? No offense :D

Yeah, used to, when i get low on stamina i switch to jogging to get my breath back then start sprinting again. I am not talking about sprinting to the point where you end up barely walking.
For longer periods ofcourse everyone will get exhausted, but do you want to walk in dayz for 30% of the time ? Non-stop sprinting was long road to the military bases and now it will be even harder.

Edited by exacomvm

11 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

Yeah, used to, when i get low on stamina i switch to jogging to get my breath back then start sprinting again. I am not talking about sprinting to the point where you end up barely walking.
For longer periods ofcourse everyone will get exhausted, but do you want to walk in dayz for 30% of the time ? Non-stop sprinting was long road to the military bases and now it will be even harder.

As well it should be. End-game loot shouldn't be something you can just sprint to in 20 minutes.

• Like 5