Espa

GamesCom Pics/Vids

Updated :D 

Edited by Espa
  • Like 12

58 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

So base-building for 0.63?

Looks like! Said that Base Building will definitely be in, and Helicopters may be - if they don't need to push it back.

But they also said that this iteration should not take Months or even Weeks to implement. . O.o

• Like 2

Zombies need a lot more work.

I am also worried about stamina.  I think the only way to recover his stamina should be to stand still or walk. People will sprint, run, sprint, run... everytime. It is just not realistic.

I spy a holster and a belt slot in the inventory

25 minutes ago, Gadget_97 said:

I am also worried about stamina.  I think the only way to recover his stamina should be to stand still or walk. People will sprint, run, sprint, run... everytime. It is just not realistic.

It might be dependent on the weight you're carrying. If you're not carrying much I think it's fair that your stamina should slowly regen while you're running. Otherwise, I agree. This is obviously a very early iteration of the stamina system - I'm sure it'll be built upon.

Holy shit. the more I watch the more excited I get. The new animations, the new inventory system, the new UI. Even the new buildings - it looks like they've widened some of the doorways and made other improvements.

Edited by BeefBacon
  • Like 3

Cheers mate!

I definetly like what I see ( although I just saw 3 minutes of gameplay since I'm in a rush, will do the rest later ) they need to work these animations. They are SUPER fast. Like zig zag and stuff and whenever you stop. The character stops dead in tracks, like 0.01 seconds before you let go of a button. I don't know, it's good in a firefight but kinda fast for my taste for hiking around.

Also, the inventory. Why would character have his hands up? Why not down?.... Might aswell place character dabbing in inventory screen.

Edited by Just Caused
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Also, the inventory. Why would character have his hands up? Why not down?.... Might aswell place character dabbing in inventory screen.

That's a reference T-pose. Think of it as the default, unanimated state for most character models. Either it's a bug, or it's just unfinished. You'll notice that a lot of items have debuggy names as well like, I don't know, "ITM_PEACHESTEST" or something. Stuff like that.

It looks like the physics system isn't working properly either. Zombies play a death animation rather than ragdolling, and a player that just got killed stayed standing. Obviously needs some polish, but I am super keen to get my hands on this. I hope they release the demo to the public.

Edited by BeefBacon
  • Like 1

I don't know that I find the demo all that encouraging.  Knowing how much effort the devs put into this, I'm concerned by how unfinished it seems to be.  

I noticed that one of the player models froze up during a player vs player melee fight leaving the player model hanging motionless mid swing.  The person playing the demo promptly ran away hoping it would go unnoticed.

I played Dayz for a while a few years back and recently returned after a few years hiatus to see what the current state of the game is.  After a couple weeks being back all I can say is that I'm disappointed that so many problems from the early days of development haven't been fixed yet.

I like Dayz a lot.  It's an engaging survival game, but it is still deeply flawed in some important areas, which is disappointing given how long it has been in development.

Working Beta still appears to be months away and actual release state could still be years away from what I'm seeing on display in the demo.

I hope I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Daricles said:

I don't know that I find the demo all that encouraging.  Knowing how much effort the devs put into this, I'm concerned by how unfinished it seems to be.  

I noticed that one of the player models froze up during a player vs player melee fight leaving the player model hanging motionless mid swing.  The person playing the demo promptly ran away hoping it would go unnoticed.

I played Dayz for a while a few years back and recently returned after a few years hiatus to see what the current state of the game is.  After a couple weeks being back all I can say is that I'm disappointed that so many problems from the early days of development haven't been fixed yet.

I like Dayz a lot.  It's an engaging survival game, but it is still deeply flawed in some important areas, which is disappointing given how long it has been in development.

Working Beta still appears to be months away and actual release state could still be years away from what I'm seeing on display in the demo.

I hope I'm wrong.

Most of the time spent getting to beta has been on the technology itself, as has been documented and explained in great detail.

" I'm concerned by how unfinished it seems to be." 

Why? That makes no sense. This is a demo of an early version of their first build on the new engine. Absolutely nothing about this is supposed to be finished.

• Like 4

hmm. the inventory System are complet new. the items have new slotspaces.

a new challange come to us.

vydhxkkb.jpg

hryoktp4.jpg

• Like 2

Nice catch! I was noticing that as well. Another cool thing is that it looks like there is now a belt slot and a slot for the bow! I wonder if this means we'll get belt holsters for our pistols and sheathes for our knives?

Oh my Lord, they even got friggin' animations for loading a magazine. Can't wait to get my hands on the beta, it's going to be so good I tell you.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, WOLFGEIST said:

Nice catch! I was noticing that as well. Another cool thing is that it looks like there is now a belt slot and a slot for the bow! I wonder if this means we'll get belt holsters for our pistols and sheathes for our knives?

I'm not sure it's a bow slot. It might just be a ranged weapon slot. Though you'd think they'd use a gun to denote that, so perhaps the holster is the gun slot and they've added a bow slot. I'm totally down for that. I'd love to use a bow, but it's completely impractical the second you find a gun and ammo.

27 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

hmm. the inventory System are complet new. the items have new slotspaces.

a new challange come to us.

vydhxkkb.jpg

hryoktp4.jpg

I actually hadn't noticed the change in inventory size. I mean, I noticed that some items had more space, but I assumed that was for the sake of the demo (if you're only playing for 30 minutes at Gamescom you're not going to want to be limited by inventory space.) However, as you point out, some items are now larger as well. Cereal is 6 slots instead of 4, and canned food is now 4 slots instead of 1. Looks like they're increasing the resolution of the inventory system, which is definitely a step in the right direction on its own.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

I'm not sure it's a bow slot. It might just be a ranged weapon slot. Though you'd think they'd use a gun to denote that, so perhaps the holster is the gun slot and they've added a bow slot. I'm totally down for that. I'd love to use a bow, but it's completely impractical the second you find a gun and ammo.

At 4:24 you can see the inventory open while the person playing has a MP5k on his back. The gunholster slot is filled but the bow slot is open. That is really awesome, finally a very good reason to use the bow and keep using it.

• Like 6

I would like to see the "body slots" as follows: (from left to right)

a) Gun-holster

b) Longdistance Weapons

c) second Back tool slot

d) vest

e) topbody

f) uncown (new ??)

g) down Body

h) backside load

i) head top

j) frontheaddown

k) fronthead top

l) hands

m) feeds

n) poor

@IMT maybe we become new different Gunholsters...or the Gunholster have more variabilty.

If thats going to be not months or even the weeks, then we are going to be able to check it all ourselves. Right ?

I may not need DayZiagra. It is getting up.

4 hours ago, IMT said:

At 4:24 you can see the inventory open while the person playing has a MP5k on his back. The gunholster slot is filled but the bow slot is open. That is really awesome, finally a very good reason to use the bow and keep using it.

I think that would be pretty dumb. I've always been against the idea of a specific 'bow slot'. Illogical. Esp. running around with bow, axe and rifle all three. The item-locked ranged/melee slots are bad enough already.

Even worse: crossbow slot. Eurgh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Gews- said:

I think that would be pretty dumb. I've always been against the idea of a specific 'bow slot'. Illogical. Esp. running around with bow, axe and rifle all three. The item-locked ranged/melee slots are bad enough already.

Even worse: crossbow slot. Eurgh.

fine you don't have to use them.

• Like 1

What we see here is once again disappointing. This should be the great update that everyone has been waiting for? The one that finally concentrates on "content"?

The sad truth is that this forum is mainly ruled by a handful of hardcore fanboys, while most normal players have left it months/years ago and just check in here every few weeks at most. These fanboys will defend and praise everything they see, and especially always have the same argument: "yes, they are working on core features you cant see yet, but the next patch will be a breakthrough". Time to wake up.

Do you really want to sell me that what we see here is "a completely new engine"? Really? Obviously it is the same engine, and some small things are tweaked here and there. Every small change in the game is called "a new engine" since the guy that invented DayZ and then left the company since he realized its not getting better (forgot his name, sorry..) invented this trick. Call every small improvement "a fundamental engine development" to justify months and months without any real progress in the game. Quote from above: "This is a demo of an early version of their first build on the new engine." <--- you really believe that? How can any sane person call this a completely new engine? Most things look and work (dont work) exactly like before, with some visual tweaks here and there maybe.

Also the main hobby of these fanboys seems to be to call out people like me the second they see them, those "crybabies" that just complain all day, do not see the great progress in the game etc. I know that I can't convince those people anyway, probably with time they will have to learn themselves. 

The same people that told me 2 years ago "Mark my words, next year DayZ will be feature-complete, in beta, helicopters will be in, zombies will be fixed, no rubber-banding, meele combat will be largely overhauled" and so so, still say the same today. Some of these people might have understood their mistake and also long left this game, but many of them are still hanging around here and preaching the same old lines.

Edited by EZann

Oh new stuff already came 22nd. Was expecting seeing something new today.

2 hours ago, St. Jimmy said:

Oh new stuff already came 22nd. Was expecting seeing something new today.

I believe today is a livestream from Bohemia.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IMT said:

I believe today is a livestream from Bohemia.

Do you know the time?

3 hours ago, EZann said:

Also the main hobby of these fanboys seems to be to call out people like me the second they see them, those "crybabies" that just complain all day, do not see the great progress in the game etc. I know that I can't convince those people anyway, probably with time they will have to learn themselves. 

Might I remind you that you made an account specifically to make this comment? Food for thought.

• Like 4

I believe they also said they're going to do a Dev Video AFTER GamesCom. Likely on that next SR next Tuesday, since we couldn't have one yesterday :) 

I'm super excited for this Beta because it looks hella smooth to play. While some things definitely need polish, I'm so happy characters can appear wounded and move slower, have stamina so you can't be the Flash in Chernarus, that Infected seem to be strong as hell. About 1-4 Attacks killed Players on every video I've seen.

Might be time to be scared of Zombies again :D 

• Like 2

Holy shit so modding is in the next patch and base building definitely not far behind YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS