Sign in to follow this  
FishGuts4Lunch

Barrel spawn on persistant private servers

I enjoy gathering loot and storing it away so that should I die, I have a ready source of supply when respawning. My favorite medium is barrels as they are so much easier to stash compared to camping and military tents. The latter two as always high visibility and with the new foliage in .62 there is no place you can hide them and hope people will walk past and not see them.

Anyway... Barrels... I was wondering about the spawn mechanics of the barrels themselves. Are there a fixed number of barrels that will spawn on a private, persistent server? Does a barrel need to become abandoned for a new one to spawn of do barrels just keep spawning in sheds at a fixed probability ratio no matter how many are in the game? In the former case, there would be an abundance of barrels after a server wipe but at some point, the only time a new barrel would appear, would be after a barrel is taken out of play due to it no longer have had interaction for a set number of days (how long is this exactly). This would mean looking for them would be more or less fruitless as the time after to last server wipe past. 

-One Server have a max number of Barrels (120 per color 40 @0.60~ ?).

-If all 120 barrels in use then never spawn new Barrels.

-The Despawntime are max 45 days.

-Other scources says: all 7 days its need to refresh.

-Angry tongues says, open lid make the Barrels damaged ^^.

Indeed I have heard both  7 days and 45 days. That is thexreason I asked. I tend to believe 45 days as I have left barrels for a week without looking at them and still found them where I left them. Perhaps the 7 day limit is for cars and trucks. I once wrecked a car along a road and it was still there 2 weeks later. A bit long I think but if people kept going over for a look it would persist. I was hoping it would respawn.

Fish.