atempleton

How To Win Playerbase Back

Finished in theoretical meaning, or practical ? Because if 0.63 and next iterations will not gain the momentum, then the game is practically finished.

4 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

Finished in theoretical meaning, or practical ? Because if 0.63 and next iterations will not gain the momentum, then the game is practically finished.

That's not even remotely true, unless ofc we bring out the crystal balls. But lets leave our balls where they are :p

• Like 1

I was thinking about this crystal ball thing yesterday to find out when the 0.63 :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

I was thinking about this crystal ball thing yesterday to find out when the 0.63 :D

Would be awesome to have at times :)

Edited by Gobbokirk
Can't use a keyboard....

I find it mildly amusing but a little disheartening at the same time, that the EXACT same things people were pleading with the devs to implement YEARS ago..STILL aren't in game...

I was once the biggest DayZ fanboi.... 

But eventually the games lack of progress was just far to much...

RIP

Time to go play some PUBBBZZZZZ

1 hour ago, JPWiser said:

I find it mildly amusing but a little disheartening at the same time, that the EXACT same things people were pleading with the devs to implement YEARS ago..STILL aren't in game...

I was once the biggest DayZ fanboi.... 

But eventually the games lack of progress was just far to much...

RIP

Time to go play some PUBBBZZZZZ

Have you bothered to read any of the devblogs?  Do you even know that they've stopped working on this version of the project and are recreating a new engine?  Do you just spew drivel without any knowledge of what your are spewing? 

• Like 2

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎06 at 0:07 AM, Guy Smiley said:

Have you bothered to read any of the devblogs?  Do you even know that they've stopped working on this version of the project and are recreating a new engine?  Do you just spew drivel without any knowledge of what your are spewing? 

They started on this engine years ago chief, back when they had a player base, you know, well before you joined the forums.  I am sure you could dig up some of my old topics from 2014 discussing it.  Ill give you a couple more years before you understand what the rest of the playerbase that bailed on this failure of a game is talking about.

Or do you just spew fanboism without understanding that even the new engine theyre "working on" has been part of the "EXACT same things people were pleading with the devs" about?

14 hours ago, JPWiser said:

They started on this engine years ago chief, back when they had a player base, you know, well before you joined the forums.  I am sure you could dig up some of my old topics from 2014 discussing it.  Ill give you a couple more years before you understand what the rest of the playerbase that bailed on this failure of a game is talking about.

Or do you just spew fanboism without understanding that even the new engine theyre "working on" has been part of the "EXACT same things people were pleading with the devs" about?

Years ago??? Lmfao, you really haven't a clue.  Just stop, you're making yourself look pretty stupid

Well it gets worse, I was just about to reinstall Dayz to start getting ready for Beta, and now its only got about 2000 players :o and is not even top100 on steam stats :'( 

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎07 at 3:24 PM, Guy Smiley said:

Years ago??? Lmfao, you really haven't a clue.  Just stop, you're making yourself look pretty stupid

http://www.pcgamer.com/dayz-is-moving-to-a-new-engine-says-dean-hall/

Yes, years ago.  Lol....

A quick google search would have shown u when the first work had begun on the Infusion engine.

Here is a forum topic about it from the same timeframe from 3+ years ago.

But hey, clearly I am making myself look stupid.

Edited by JPWiser
  • Like 1

Seeing that this has generated almost 150k views, we can assume that quite a lot of people are still keeping an eye on this dream. Unless thats comes from fanboys refreshing the video 24/7.

Many other youtubers also has relative high number of views in their latest content, IMO 20K views is very much when avg players count is ~2k.

Edited by Mantasisg
  • Like 1

There is still interest for sure, just look at how often they answer about xbox/ps on their twitter feed.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:36 PM, JPWiser said:

Yes, years ago.  Lol....

A quick google search would have shown u when the first work had begun on the Infusion engine.

Amazing, isn’t it? Gotta love the knowitalls who haven’t been here a fraction of the time some of us have yet know better than us despite years of failed deadlines, “new engines”, and watching mods of A3 (and still to this day, DayZ mod) surpass a studio game.

On 10/12/2017 at 5:36 AM, JPWiser said:

Yes, years ago.  Lol....

2 hours ago, ThrobbinCorncob said:

Amazing, isn’t it? Gotta love the knowitalls who haven’t been here a fraction of the time some of us have yet know better than us despite years of failed deadlines, “new engines”, and watching mods of A3 (and still to this day, DayZ mod) surpass a studio game.

Yes, you guys have been here since 2013 and clearly making yourselves look stupid. You guys have been here this long and still don't know what a game engine is all about, do you? Do you think developers sit in their office all day, doing nothing and after a month clap their hands once and half the fucking game is finished? Fuck no!

It's funny that you guys act all high and mighty and talking down on people. Oh yes, everyone who has been here from the start is a negative Nancy. Wait a minute, why isn't BioHaze negative? He has been here from the start as well. Oh wait, he understands clearly why we click the "I understand!" button each time.

Now get the fuck off your high horse and go read up on game engines and then come back to me. Maybe ask developers like Rockstar who also made an engine for a big open world sandbox game like DayZ. Ask them how long it takes to make an engine of that scale. Oh and keep in mind the size of both development teams and scale it properly.

• Like 3

"How To Win Playerbase Back?"

Simple answer, "make a good game". Sounds trite, yes, but it is the most honest answer. 

As most have said though, the DayZ legacy is well into the 'on borrowed time' category.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IMT said:

Oh yes, everyone who has been here from the start is a negative Nancy. Wait a minute, why isn't BioHaze negative? He has been here from the start as well. Oh wait, he understands clearly why we click the "I understand!" button each time.

I have owned the game from the start, and I am negative. I also know the history of the game, from mod to SA to further alpha releases, so to suggest that those who are complaining are ignorant of it's development is both naive, and a touch insulting.

Lol, I've been following these forums since DayZ mod, played DayZ mod and purchased DayZ Dec 16, 2013 so to even attempt to talk down to to me and try to make me seem like a noob is a futile attempt lol

Lets not turn this into another "whos been here the longest" flamewar. And besides the answer everyone wants to hear from this thread is what ricky said. "Make a good game". But what consumers and the desperate on/off fanboys REALLY want is "make a good game and make it NOW". Obviously the latter isnt going to happen and ive come to terms with how long itll take. All i care about now is the former. You guys should too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, IMT said:

Oh wait, he understands clearly why we click the "I understand!" button each time.

We've been clicking the "I understand!" button for years – it's getting a little ridiculous. The development for this game is the most ass-backwards thing I've ever seen.

17 hours ago, rickyriot said:

"How To Win Playerbase Back?"

Simple answer, "make a good game". Sounds trite, yes, but it is the most honest answer. 

As most have said though, the DayZ legacy is well into the 'on borrowed time' category.

This.

17 hours ago, rickyriot said:

I have owned the game from the start, and I am negative. I also know the history of the game, from mod to SA to further alpha releases, so to suggest that those who are complaining are ignorant of it's development is both naive, and a touch insulting.

I'm also negative, but not because I want to be – I want to play the shit out of a game that achieves what Dayz set out to achieve YEARS AGO. But, let's face it: it ain't happenin'. How this game maintains such blind faith in so much of its remaining community is amazing, truly. The mere idea of a game like DayZ is enough to inspire unending support in many people, but unfortunately, it's in the hands of the wrong development team.

I stopped by because I had some left over popcorn in my couch cushions.. 

pyaTxlP.gif

• Like 3

On 10/6/2017 at 7:07 AM, Guy Smiley said:

I know I'm late on this but I just want to set something straight for you, though I don't want to recite the entire history of DayZ SA.

The "new engine" you're talking about is called Enfusion and we already have it. It has been gradually built up since the beginning of DayZ's entry to Early Access.

If you go back to 0.60, people were thinking that was going to be a new engine when it was only the renderer; just one part of an entire engine.
0.63 won't bring us a new engine either, but it does have more significant updates to the game's engine, like the player controller, camera, etc.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

11 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

I know I'm late on this but I just want to set something straight for you, though I don't want to recite the entire history of DayZ SA.

The "new engine" you're talking about is called Enfusion and we already have it. It has been gradually built up since the beginning of DayZ's entry to Early Access.

If you go back to 0.60, people were thinking that was going to be a new engine when it was only the renderer; just one part of an entire engine.
0.63 won't bring us a new engine either, but it does have more significant updates to the game's engine, like the player controller, camera, etc.

1-2 more years you gather?

1 hour ago, sneakydude said:

1-2 more years you gather?

Literally anyone's guess is as good as mine, so I won't try.

And personally I don't care as long as 1.0 is decent. I don't have to tire myself out on the game by playing it until completion, I'll just jump in the deep end when it gets there. Though I may be in the minority since I've been a part of other games' alphas/betas that have lasted longer than DayZ and had more than one complete make-over during their time. (Most relevant example: Fortnite, first trailer shown in Gamescom 2011, decent game and very popular, granted not nearly as niche)

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

I plan on giving it a go when version 1.0 is released too.

Until then, though – the game is trash. There's no point in any of us arguing that!

3 hours ago, Grimey Rick said:

I plan on giving it a go when version 1.0 is released too.

Until then, though – the game is trash. There's no point in any of us arguing that!

Great, you've said your useless piece once again, so glad you're back!

Maybe you should stay off the forum until 1.0 if you have nothing constructive to offer.

• Like 2