Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.62.141072

when you dont have to really eat or drink...its major bug and kills the survival aspect....yeah but lets wait for better times.

1 minute ago, kopo79 said:

when you dont have to really eat or drink...its major bug and kills the survival aspect....yeah but lets wait for better times.

It is related to server performance.  Don't worry, you still have to eat and drink, it just won't catch up to you until you log back in.

• Like 2

I seriously cannot beleive that you still cannot cancel the action when a damn zombie attacks you while filling up a canteen... C'mon that needs a fix !! 

2 hours ago, docjiggy said:

I seriously cannot beleive that you still cannot cancel the action when a damn zombie attacks you while filling up a canteen... C'mon that needs a fix !! 

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

try it again....this time i spawned skalisty.
playing with my own rules....
i was starving to death but managed to catch with fishing rod two fish....but where those are?no inventory,no on ground?

1 hour ago, kopo79 said:

try it again....this time i spawned skalisty.
playing with my own rules....
i was starving to death but managed to catch with fishing rod two fish....but where those are?no inventory,no on ground?

Did you fish in the ocean? I believe fishing in the ocean is bugged at the moment but I didn't test it for a long time.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2017 at 5:08 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

Good morning Survivors!

We did a little fix today for ghillie wrap color when it is in shade.

Don't forget to check the latest Status Report, It is awesome, trust me!

https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-8-august-2017

A hug for you:

giphy.gif

Have a nice day!

Hmm that image of the new UI working? hehe tease

• Like 2

On 18/08/2017 at 11:31 AM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Welcome to the forum.

haha i've been there for quite some time, but my cannot remember my other account info, and i no longer have access to that e-mail rofl ! 

On 8/19/2017 at 1:23 PM, sneakydude said:

Hmm that image of the new UI working? hehe tease

Hmm the icons are rather nice... would probs prefer them vertical like the mod but whatevs... i see the new edition of the "down arrows" also, indicting decline like The Long Dark has. 

Edited by liquidcactus

PLEASE MAKE IN THE CAR´s / BUS / LKW´s A HANDBRAKE !!! AND FIXED PLEASE THE CAR BUGGS !!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, atzeberk2 said:

PLEASE MAKE IN THE CAR´s / BUS / LKW´s A HANDBRAKE !!! AND FIXED PLEASE THE CAR BUGGS !!!

Bugs for cars or anything that requires all of the tech they're planning added to the engine might not get fixed until it has added to the fusion engine.

You know....after watching the GamesCon footage about 100 times I am hoping for more out of BETA. I jumped into the Stable build for a couple hours and tried to imagine how the new UI and Inventory system would benefit me and it was really hard to say if it would be enough of an improvement....

I like the UI as long as it can be toggled in case you want to be more immersed, and I suppose it is not really fair to judge it based solely on what the GC footage gave us...but I still think the team should hold off on it until they are sure they can deliver on Eugen's smiling (or smirking) promise of "fully functional" Base Building and a full set of Server Files for Modders..... That was definitely a surprise to me, and I wonder if it was equally surprising to the rest of the Dev Team..heheh.

14 minutes ago, philbur said:

You know....after watching the GamesCon footage about 100 times I am hoping for more out of BETA. I jumped into the Stable build for a couple hours and tried to imagine how the new UI and Inventory system would benefit me and it was really hard to say if it would be enough of an improvement....

I like the UI as long as it can be toggled in case you want to be more immersed, and I suppose it is not really fair to judge it based solely on what the GC footage gave us...but I still think the team should hold off on it until they are sure they can deliver on Eugen's smiling (or smirking) promise of "fully functional" Base Building and a full set of Server Files for Modders..... That was definitely a surprise to me, and I wonder if it was equally surprising to the rest of the Dev Team..heheh.

I don't understand why you would disable the UI. If you do that, how would you know when you're hungry or thirsty or what ever?

11 minutes ago, IMT said:

I don't understand why you would disable the UI. If you do that, how would you know when you're hungry or thirsty or what ever?

You are right...as we still need that info...but I just have this idea in my head about having grumbling stomach, blurred vision, shaking hands....(sort of what the DayZMod SHOULD have done),.and other "character generated" actions that are the indicators for player health.

I think this kind of thing will be eventually included in either the vanilla or a later mod, but it's just a pet peeve of mine that seeing icons on my screen are still a bit immersion-breaking.

Edited by philbur
clarity
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, philbur said:

You are right...as we still need that info...but I just have this idea in my head about having grumbling stomach, blurred vision, shaking hands....(sort of what the DayZMod SHOULD have done),.and other "character generated" actions that are the indicators for player health.

I think this kind of thing will be eventually included in either the vanilla or a later mod, but it's just a pet peeve of mine that seeing icons on my screen are still a bit immersion-breaking.

I agree that toggling the UI would be good for a number of reasons. Especially for immersion purposes.

Unfortunately the audio cues would also be a bit inauthentic as your stomach doesn't grumble at first pangs of hunger, which would also be audible to others. Further stages of hunger SHOULD Have the grumbling belly though, as well as the "umbles" (fumble, stumble, mumble, and blurred or tunnel vision) from blood sugar and energy loss.

If we can simply toggle the UI we can check the status without it constantly marring the beautiful scenery. Somehow I think this will be a feature and almost certainly it will be modded in as you pointed out as well.

• Like 3

Toggling UI is very important for streamers, videos etc.. it also is not a bad idea when your in tight areas and menu bars get in the way. Not sure that is as important but for videos and streamers it is very important.

Screenshots etc... of moment captures.

Looking off into a direction, seeing someone run along the tree line, but your UI is in the way? nice to have that quick ability if you want.

Many games have this feature, so to me it is rather common now.

I forgot to mention, having it for laggy moments, turning some of the features off like UI short term.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Toggling UI is very important 

Screenshots etc... of moment captures.

YES! This 10000x

First thing I do when editing screenshots is removing the UI.

It still amazes me too how in this game you cannot tear down a simple wool dress to make some rags with it... The Alpha phase finally got me to give up till' the beta lol !! Running around for hours, going house to house to find litterally nothing but disenfectant spray, shovels and useless crap makes a real boring game experience !!! 

I really hope things will be way better after the beta comes out !! 

23 hours ago, docjiggy said:

It still amazes me too how in this game you cannot tear down a simple wool dress to make some rags with it...

I think we have all thought about this. More options should be available for cutting more varieties of clothes for  rags. I mean realistically you should just be able to tear a standard shirt without needing a sharp object at all. Then maybe for more robust clothing should need a sharp object.

23 hours ago, docjiggy said:

Running around for hours, going house to house to find litterally nothing but disenfectant spray, shovels and useless crap makes a real boring game experience !!! 

I really hope things will be way better after the beta comes out !! 

This just sounds like you are having bad luck. Do you play on the public hive ? Cant always expect the gaming experience in dayz to cater for how you would like it to be. That's the idea. Sounds like maybe you were looting towns that had already been looted by players before yourself.

Always remember you can spam those apple trees for food too if you didnt know ? ^_^

Well that's two dirt tracks I have found that my vehicles find invisible strange objects that make them go on there sides and at odd angles and do funny dances. A bit frustrating as vehicles aren't that good at the moment with poor traction and clearances on some and wonky roads don't help :-(. When is beta out to start fixing things :-)

On 03/09/2017 at 10:19 PM, liquidcactus said:

I think we have all thought about this. More options should be available for cutting more varieties of clothes for  rags. I mean realistically you should just be able to tear a standard shirt without needing a sharp object at all. Then maybe for more robust clothing should need a sharp object.

This just sounds like you are having bad luck. Do you play on the public hive ? Cant always expect the gaming experience in dayz to cater for how you would like it to be. That's the idea. Sounds like maybe you were looting towns that had already been looted by players before yourself.

Always remember you can spam those apple trees for food too if you didnt know ? ^_^

im' playing mainly on private servers with low pop till' i have decent gear to connect on hours where there is attendance on the servers ! 

Here we have the rare and elusive levitating wolf. It hangs out in trees to stalk its prey.

SQoMZ7v.png

Magnificent doggos!

2eaEHcjr.png

• Like 5

You also have another rare creature, a working V3S cargo Baroness. It was your lucky day lol.

• Like 2

On 11.9.2017 at 2:27 AM, Baroness said:

Here we have the rare and elusive levitating wolf. It hangs out in trees to stalk its prey.

Magnificent doggos!

Looking good, though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kichilron said:

Looking good, though.

Thank you!! I had to edit a wolf eye in, since it was too dark on the original and I wasn't able to salvage/dodge the shadows without him looking like he had a few chromosomes extra ^^

Edited by Baroness