Sign in to follow this  
Docfrosty

Fall through Ground Bug

in the video below you can see that i fall through the ground and die. This being extremely annoying because i'm showing a friend the game in the hopes of him buying it. However these punishing bugs make it difficult. After watching me play for hours not being defeated by wolves, hunger, the cold, etc. only to die by a bug.Then the lack of motivation to start again. Go ahead and mute your sound unless you can live with the annoying screech. I'm not sure why my Geforce Experience does that when I record this game.

This happened at the military base north of Kamenka

Again I apologize for the sound. I'm sure theres no way for you guys to give me gear back or anything like that but i'd really appreciate it, and it would give some encouragement toward the continuation of my recruitment efforts.

After making the extremely long journey back to the same location that i fell through the ground and died last time, I spontaneously died for no reason whatsoever. My status was Freezing, Drenched, Healthy, Hydrated, and Energized. Then upon becoming hypothermic I went outside and started a fire and died out of nowhere. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Wonder if going prone while perpendicular to the walkway makes this happen?  

Wonder if going prone while perpendicular to the walkway makes this happen?  

I have fallen through that walkway like that a few times, having a weapon raised like in the video also helps

9 hours ago, Docfrosty said:

After making the extremely long journey back to the same location that i fell through the ground and died last time, I spontaneously died for no reason whatsoever. My status was Freezing, Drenched, Healthy, Hydrated, and Energized. Then upon becoming hypothermic I went outside and started a fire and died out of nowhere. 

Hypothermia is a bitch. You will lose 10 health/sec, 5 blood/sec and 1.05 energy/sec. Meaning that if you're healthy you will die within 500 seconds and that is if you're healthy.  As soon as you see freezing make getting your temperature up a priority.

I already had a fire going and as I noted I was healthy. There was no way I lost enough health in such a short period of time. Like the very second I became hypothermic I had a fire going. 

I've fallen into the ground a couple of times, and fallen through floors many, many times. I think the coding is a lot better than it was in (eg) the .4X patches, but even now I'll still only go upstairs if I have to. The ground bug is pretty rare, and in both cases for me I was standing next to a structure and logging in when it happened.

All fun of the game if you ask me. I always stash stuff in case the gods of DayZ decide to do something unpredictable to me.

3 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

I've fallen into the ground a couple of times, and fallen through floors many, many times. I think the coding is a lot better than it was in (eg) the .4X patches, but even now I'll still only go upstairs if I have to. The ground bug is pretty rare, and in both cases for me I was standing next to a structure and logging in when it happened.

All fun of the game if you ask me. I always stash stuff in case the gods of DayZ decide to do something unpredictable to me.

Yes in this case it was the alpha god of dayz.