Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.141072

Hello guys,

Ghillie changes again! We fixed ghillie wrap color when it is in shade.

Check it if you like it :).

Have a nice Monday!

• Like 13

Really man, 4 post and one is you criticizing development... have you read about anything they are working on?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Stefan Asseryd said:

Come on... must be more important things to put effort on then fixing gillie several times over the past weeks

There is and they are.

• Like 5

So gamescom is like 2 weeks away so idk why people complain about making the current build better when .63 isnt going to be ready until after then almost guaranteed. Lets say GC17 was slated only to show an early build so dont hold your breath for beta sweeping us all away on the 22nd

Edited by koffeekage
  • Like 2

Nothing too much exciting for a long time indeed. Well techside was super exciting, but it was like "slow" and also did nothing good for gameplay since loot economy changed and players got scattered all around the map, in other words - there were much less interactions. But I'm sure that devs are mostly working on stuff which will go really wild once updates starts raining. And the hot part is really comming. 

Or am I too naive to expect things to really start moving from 0.63 ?

Two iterations per year is just not going to get anywhere. 

Peace

3 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

Or am I too naive to expect things to really start moving from 0.63 ?

Not really.

I want to believe that development will speed up on all fronts when all modules are merged together.

I believe patience will pay big dividends.  :D

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Not really.

I want to believe that development will speed up on all fronts when all modules are merged together.

I believe patience will pay big dividends.  :D

When every module is ready and merged within the game then we will indeed see huge leaps forward. For the ones who has been following the development know that the devs can crank out patches and hotfixes in rapid succession on the Experimental branch. :)

Keep in mind people, 0.63 does not directly mean that it's going to be very fast. As soon as the entire engine is done, then we will see huge steps forwards.

• Like 3

My feeling, tells me that the Devs have already finished many of the modules. It may be underestimated what it means to merge the modules. The merge means to connect all networks and dependencies. And this alone I imagine as a huge work ... countless variables that influence with others in the end a gigantic spider net represent, and that has a big error potential. But we are waiting anxiously what will come. I trust the team that they can do something that lets our hair out.

@Baty Alquawen

what is the reason you wipe the containers but not the characters when you update exp?

(not that finding fresh vehicles was a bad thing, but i lost all my burlap strips again :( )

On 8/8/2017 at 2:15 AM, HaseDesTodes said:

@Baty Alquawen

what is the reason you wipe the containers but not the characters when you update exp?

(not that finding fresh vehicles was a bad thing, but i lost all my burlap strips again :( )

Some changes require deletion of storage. :)

• Like 1

Had a nice walk around today. My graphics settings had been nerfed at some point so view range was terrible, but fixed that today. Some stutters on turning the character in 3rd person. Not sure if it was worse then I had seen but seemed so. Went into a few buildings that had hickups in the past like the officers barracks and the red house with the car port and they were both fine. So that was cleaned up at some point.

I have something strange happened last time. I made a fire under a tree in the rain. The fireplace was filled with 5 sticks. When the fireplace still had 3 sticks, the fire extinguished. I gave Bark again, and wanted to ignite the fire again. But it did not work. There came the message: can not ignite the fire because it's wet. (Word not 100% exactly ... it is already few days ago). I tried yesterday to reproduce this phenomenon (before it was not possible because it was more important to raise my status from the starving: /) .. but it was not any more. Was the coincidence? I as a fire devil was very positive Surprised over this feature ;-).

On 8/12/2017 at 2:10 PM, PongoZ said:

officers barracks

When did they add Bachelor Officers' Quarters buildings to the game, and where can I find them?

Its what I call the little green quonset huts with 3 bunks in them.

58 minutes ago, PongoZ said:

Its what I call the little green quonset huts with 3 bunks in them.

I know.  Just ribbin' ya. The name never made sense to me, despite being so widespread.  Like "let's make the officers sleep in a tin can with 4 bunk beds and a table for two.  It always just seemed a bit off. They'er not even bulletproof. 

The real sticker is when people use the term officer's tents, and then everybody gets confused.  Here's to hoping that I can one day curl up next to a pot of wine inside my barrel....

• Like 1

On 8/16/2017 at 3:39 AM, emuthreat said:

I know.  Just ribbin' ya. The name never made sense to me, despite being so widespread.  Like "let's make the officers sleep in a tin can with 4 bunk beds and a table for two.  It always just seemed a bit off. They'er not even bulletproof. 

The real sticker is when people use the term officer's tents, and then everybody gets confused.  Here's to hoping that I can one day curl up next to a pot of wine inside my barrel....

I think we said that last time we hooked up on TS. The group of us Spoke of that exact thing. Confused the hell out of a few people haha.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:15 PM, HaseDesTodes said:

@Baty Alquawen

aka Gun 1 with mods XX not found, and new item added Gun 2 example, It can mess up the databases big time.

NO exp updates since Aug 7th? Does that mean we might see .63 on the next major exp update?

Just asking, why the longer delay on testing.

Its all good.

23 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

NO exp updates since Aug 7th? Does that mean we might see .63 on the next major exp update?

Its all good.

We probably won't see 0.63 for a few months, but as for other updates there may or may not be any depending on what bugs are found and if those that are found are a high or low priority.

1 hour ago, sneakydude said:

Its all good.

They're probably not working on 0.62 anymore, maybe 1 or 2 people because what's the point?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IMT said:

They're probably not working on 0.62 anymore, maybe 1 or 2 people because what's the point?

While you're probably right on that...I wonder if the new UI that was introduced in the Demo might be able to be deployed in the .62 Exp build? (as a quick test for us to mess with and provide initial feedback).

It would be valuable to the devs and might save a big chunk of tweaking in the first .63 release, methinks.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2017 at 5:56 PM, philbur said:

While you're probably right on that...I wonder if the new UI that was introduced in the Demo might be able to be deployed in the .62 Exp build? (as a quick test for us to mess with and provide initial feedback).

It would be valuable to the devs and might save a big chunk of tweaking in the first .63 release, methinks.

That would all depend on whether or not it is tied to the new player controller or not. If it is, then regardless of if they enabled it in 0.62, it would prove pointless as it may not be able to accurately display a player's stats/status if the required tech hasn't been implemented yet.