SgtTibet

I'm New Help Me With Graphics

I have GTX 1050 - I7 3770k 3.4Ghz -, 8GB RAM. Which settings should I set low or disabled to get a decent fps? 

Can probably max out most of them.

Some off if you don't like motion blur/headbob.

Just play around with it tbh, find a balance that works for you.

AntiAliasing- Low/Normal or even Off ( 1050 is pretty weak card, not sure how it would perform )
Clouds - Disabled
Postprocessing - Disabled ( slight advantage )
Ambient occlusion - Disabled
Textures - High
Object Detail - Normal
Terrain - Very Low ( slight advantage )
Shadows - High
Rest High/Normal.

But i would recommend you doing like Gobbokirk said, set everything to lowest and increase some stuff and test if it hits hard on performance, if not - keep it increased, then move on on another setting.
Object Detail will have huge fps impact in cities.

Edited by exacomvm

Out of curiosity why shadows high? Most games shadows seem to be one of the most resource heavy parts.

4 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Out of curiosity why shadows high? Most games shadows seem to be one of the most resource heavy parts.

If GPU can handle - why not ? Also i've heard that Arma 3 uses low shadows on CPU and if you increase above normal it switches to GPU usage. So maybe dayz acts in similiar way. Also i didn't noticed much difference between Off and High even in elektro.
But you're right, in some games shadows eats alot.

Edited by exacomvm

Just now, exacomvm said:

If GPU can handle - why not ? Also i've heard that Arma 3 uses low shadows on CPU and if you increase above normal it switches to GPU usage. Also i didn't noticed much difference between Off and High.

Oh by all means if it works he should run with it.
Was just curious why you picked that as high with other stuff disabled, matter of taste in the end though.
The more the better as long as it's not bloom... Bloom is evil! :p

3 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Oh by all means if it works he should run with it.
Was just curious why you picked that as high with other stuff disabled, matter of taste in the end though.
The more the better as long as it's not bloom... Bloom is evil! :p

Yeah i hate bloom, it makes games look shiity af, but sometimes slight bloom makes it better :D
The point is that some of the settings wont affect the looks that much, for example AO and Post processing eats probably more than shadows, but turning them off doesn't make huge loss in quality overall, i've noticed that in most games Normal object detail + Normal Shadows + High Textures + some AA makes it look the best and saves most fps.

Edited by exacomvm
  • Like 1

Glad to meet a fellow bloom hater :)
Tnx for reply, got a friend with a lower end PC wanting to play so good to know.

I think your bottleneck is the 2gb of ram on that card. Also this engine doesn't have much, if anything in common with arma anymore, so any arma tweaks are out the window now.

Stop giving out wrong advice. It's not good to set the graphics settings on low with that setup, especially not in DayZ or ArmA.

You can put everything on high, easily! It will run far smoother that way because more stress is on the GPU than CPU, which is clearly preferable in your case.

Turn post-processing, ambient occlusion (all trees) and anti-aliasing on, turn bloom down. Terrain high, textures high, clouds high, object detail high. 

Edited by VVarhead

+1 for cranking up the settings first, and then turning down the usual suspects.