Sign in to follow this  
hiperion

Purpose

"We're not here because we're free. We're here because we're not free. There's no escaping reason. No denying purpose. Because as we both know without purpose, we would not exist."

―Agent Smith to Neo 

(bad English warning)

Survive, get gear, kill. Yea DayZ is a sandbox game that you don't know what you gonna do when you spawn until it happens, however, after couple of days playing i always i get that melancholic mood in this game and the feel that i wait too long for the "shit to hit the fan" and when that happens i don't feel much satisfaction. I need purpose, i need to get skilled to perform my purpose and most important to be recognized by the community that i am good at fulfilling my purpose. Prestige is very important part of online video games. There are very popular video games now that only ting moving the players is something "stupid" to end up 1# on the match and to have cooler cosmetic item than the other players, i dont say that DayZ should transform into something like that but it could add some mechanics that can make you feel more like have something to achieve. So, i will "brainstorm" couple of ideas that i think it will lead the game in that direction.

Dogtags 

When spawned you wear a dogtag with your name, if u get killed the player that kill you automatically adds your dogtag on his chain. When you are close to a player when the check pulse option appears there is another option "inspect dogtags (152)" the number is the amount of kills and if u press the option you get the list of the names. If you get killed you lose all the dogtags.

Factions 

Bandits vs survivalists. When you create the character you choose (or the game automaticly places you in a faction to balance the teams with option to join with group of players/friends) and you get an unremovable armband that will be recognizable of what faction you are. (This can work good with the dogtags too, how many bandit or survivalist dogtags you have gathered). If you kill player of your faction you automatically get the murderer armband that you cant remove for a day(example), cant create nonmurderer character for a day and anyone (including murderers) killing you wont have any consequences. This can cause automatically teaming and encourage players in this game to commune more. (considering the camouflage and stealth importance in this game this needs to be made with some mechanic of alerting you that you aim at friendly, simple text like "he looks like friendly" should fix the problem and don't spoil the immersion)

Aging

How much longer your character is alive it gets older. Males grow long white beards, females long white hair and wrinkles. So it would be cool to see some badass old dude running around. (pure cosmetic but will add so much depth in the game)

I apologize if some of the suggestions already exist.
This game is so close to be something amazing and epic but its development problems are pushing it into oblivion, i really hate to see that happen so i felt like i need to do something no mater how inefficient it may be.
All criticizm, good or bad, is welcome.
Thanks.

i have it sometimes that when there is no purpose....but you need to create a character and give it some purpose and maybe play "miniroleplay"....
i got bored in dayz gameplay and created my own rules and missions in game...it feels much better to play like that....if you dont have any ideas of your own...play my missions on:

try my rules also...first its not easy....apocalypse is not easy....but when you manage to overcome difficulties(after 10 deaths),you feel like a life:)

Edited by kopo79

41 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

i have it sometimes that when there is no purpose....but you need to create a character and give it some purpose and maybe play "miniroleplay"....
i got bored in dayz gameplay and created my own rules and missions in game...it feels much better to play like that....if you dont have any ideas of your own...play my missions on:

try my rules also...first its not easy....apocalypse is not easy....but when you manage to overcome difficulties(after 10 deaths),you feel like a life:)

I think you kinda prove my point, you see u need those roleplay rules to make a purpose but not everybody likes roleplaying and am hoping of some game mechanics that will encourage old and new players to start playing the game again. If we compare DayZ with Eve online that is so often pointed as THE sandbox game. Yes its sandbox but u have faction warfare, dependence of the industrialists with the pvpers (one create weapons other use them), mechanics for control of the territories that urges the players to group sometimes by thousands to fight each other that births politics and spygames. Yea there are no ingame choosable options for you to be pirate or industrialist or solo hunter or small group fighter or large fleet fighter or explorer or spy ect. but the game "sandbox" mechanics are made so you endup choosing one of the rolles and wile playing making difference in that world, giving you the feel that you achieve something. DayZ doesn thave anyting like that, its survive/loot/kill, those mechanics look like the real scenario in situation of zombie apocalypse but it is a video game, i dont feel real fear of dying, running and looting for hours just to die (very often you dont realise how or who killed you) its frustrating and pointless. I dont want to survive i want something worth dying for in this game.

There was saying that dayz is what you make of it.....or something like that.

But with lack of imagination,game comes repative and booring.

Im not sure if game itself should give to you those liittle spicys or just make it in your own brain....but in future...there is soft skill and something coming...but waiting fot those things...create a character and just decide that he is allergic to apples?

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 1