Espa

ONE Thing You Want Most!

Most Desired Feature?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What is ONE Feature you desire most?

• Stable/More Cars
    • Base Building
    • Map Expansion
    • New Player Controller (User Actions Update)
    • More Guns/Explosives
    • Planes/Boats
    • Other!!!

I chose the new User Action system! I want to be able to do more to my friends/victims. . Like carry them places when they're unconscious xD 

Edited by Espa
  • Like 1

Survival functions such as the following:

-Digging stashes with a shovel and burying equipment in them (make it 6x6 slots) that is persistent and lasts three days.

-Digging a pit with a shovel, and then building solar stills using camo tarp, a stone and an empty water container to gather clean water over time.

-Bringing back the grenade tripwires and empty can tripwire alarm.

-Small caltrops made out of wires and nails that can be used to burst car tires and injure somebody slightly.

-Using coal/hotbeads and attaching them to burning fires that last a REALLY long time.

-Bring back the rabbit snares and make them on rare occasion also catch foxes.

-Bring back wild boars and other wild and domestic animals to hunt.

-Using rice to soak up water to dry yourself or your equipment off.

-Building improvised shelters by using a hootchie tarp against a large tree of some sort that can hold a small amount of gear, and keep you dry from the rain.

-Using raw meat as bait to attract wild boars, foxes, bears or wolves.

-Improvised pipe shotguns made out of a lead pipe and nails that can single chamber one 12 gauge round, and lasts maybe 3-4 shots with a long reload time. They also have no sights and and a wide spread making them only useful out to 5-10m.

-Improvised crossbow bolts made out of nails and feathers.

-Reloading presses on workbenches that can craft full ammo stacks (except .22) by adding blank cartridges and projectiles.

The Zombie Swarm

I would like to have a single roaming zombie swarm on the map.  Large enough to make fighting futile.  If all 60 players had plenty of ammo and worked together, they MAY be able to take it down.

They have simple models and graphics, compared to normal zombies to save on processing power.  You are not really looking at one, so much as all of them.  It could even be that all are not rendered.  Lets say the swarm has a count of 2,000, but you can only render say 100 at a time... when one is re-killed, the count is reduced and if any remain a new one spawns in near the center...like it stands up and starts moving with the swarm.  If a swarm enters a town or area where normal zombies spawn, the normals are deactivated until the swarm moves on.

The swarm movement would be like a school of fish.  They stick together, change direction together, clump up at a boundary then change direction.  If they hear a player sound or gunfire, they move towards it maybe run.  If they see a player, they run at it (chasing).  If they reach a player, they attack.  Maybe the swarm zombies all try to attack a single player, maybe they can attack multiple players, as there could be sub-groups.  Like if 100 zombies had 5 groups of 20 and the sub-groups could focus on a different player.  So then if a sub-group member is killed, it deducts from the whole count and if any are left it spawns a new member at its sub-group.

The swarm should move as fast as players when they are chasing, so if it is chasing you long enough you will tire and they catch you.  If you can make them lose sight and they cannot hear you for a time then they may stop chasing and resume normal movement.  It could make vehicles more important.  If you run into a building while being chased...as in they see you in the building, the swarm should know it and surround the building and go into Moat mode.  Not sure how the door mechanics work, but if they manage to breach they pour inside.  If the door(s), windows(s), is secure, they stay outside waiting for some period of time...potentially long enough to have you die of thirst...after which they leave Moat and go to normal movement.  But if you stay silent and out of sight for a while and another player gets the swarms attention...are Chase-able...or if the other Chase-ables are making more noise than you are, the swarm leaves Moat and will Chase the other player.  It introduces possible distraction techniques.

• Like 1

Craft-able Crossbow bolts that stack to 20 (higher stacking arrows too), making the crossbow a viable choice.

runner-up: bow (and crossbow?) resting on the me-lee weapon shoulder (removing double carry condition).

• Like 1

*Molotov cocktails.

They will be essential for horde control and base siege tactics.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:42 PM, Espa said:

I chose the new User Action system! I want to be able to do more to my friends/victims. . Like carry them places when they're unconscious xD 

OMG I WANT TO CARRY UNCONSCIOUS PEOPLE SO BADLY!!! 

i also want molotov cocktails to be a thing as well!!!

I want it to be a game. Not a tech demo like it is now.

Map expansion are you serious ????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Really ?????                       ????    ?

Player count expansion any day.

I was torn between New Player Controller and Map Expansion, although I know the Player Controller is on it's way and Map Expansion isn't going to happen in vanilla.  I love that the map is getting more sophisticated and new stuff is being added regularly, but as far as expansion goes the devs have said it's not as simple as it might sound.  I was really hoping to see a Banana in Holster vote option, but I understand that to put the holy grail up there would have been unfair to all of those other less appealing mediocre options.

• Like 1

The one thing i want is, for the armchair want to be developers to piss off, and let the dayz developers make the game they want to make.

If they want to take a suggestion from the forum and use it, all well and good, but they can't please everyone.

Modding will be your thing soon. 

• Like 1

Yes back seat designers and devs is just going too far, I like to play one sometimes too, but I think there are limits anyway. 

And to the ones who would like MAP EXPANASJAKJDA. What do you think people, what do you think........  We have 14x14km map already, and it is bigger than huge, just 50-60players online, vehicles extremely rare. It is almost impossible to meet anyone already, even delibarately trying to do it. What you want would make the game worse, I even would like the map to be chopped into several fragments to have greater density of players.... huge hopes for the modding.

And if you only want something new to explore, then just wish for alternative map IMO

I hope Developers does not think that way (seems like many of you do), I'm sure they are clever guys.

2 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I was torn between New Player Controller and Map Expansion, although I know the Player Controller is on it's way and Map Expansion isn't going to happen in vanilla.  I love that the map is getting more sophisticated and new stuff is being added regularly, but as far as expansion goes the devs have said it's not as simple as it might sound.  I was really hoping to see a Banana in Holster vote option, but I understand that to put the holy grail up there would have been unfair to all of those other less appealing mediocre options.

Fill in the edge of the map though..... bare looks weird. but only visible when you start to get close. Showing maybe 50 feet, blocked by trees and unable to move into that land.

If they make a different zone, seamless or not, it would be best to allow modders to carry forth that and make new maps, from the admin tools and ability to make new sections.

Otherwise a player controller would be best suited for everyone. I agree with you on that. We know it is coming and will be fixed when it gets broken.

• Like 1

lol @ that no one voted for more/stable cars 

This really proves that this voting is not doing justice. 

MOAR MAP, MOAR MAP 

For those Nay-Saying on Map Expansion, don't forget they could do a lot more on Islands off the mainland. Boats could do a lot for DayZ :) 

• Like 1

Thats a bit different, than expanding running grounds. Map is already large enough to have more vehicles than there is right now. Traffic jams wouldn't happen, trust me. The map could probably feel relatively small with helicopter and plane (which also is comming), but I guess most of the dayz player will never get a chance to use one anyway. 

Few a little more distant islands would be nice for boats and helicopters. But please no more land. 

18 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Fill in the edge of the map though..... bare looks weird. but only visible when you start to get close. Showing maybe 50 feet, blocked by trees and unable to move into that land.

It does look weird.  Maybe they'll come up with a less immersion-breaking solution for it but I would guess that it's an afterthought, late beta or maybe even after release candidate.

13 hours ago, Espa said:

For those Nay-Saying on Map Expansion, don't forget they could do a lot more on Islands off the mainland. Boats could do a lot for DayZ :) 

I'm definitely hopeful they add in a few more islands too!    I want one small distant island with an apple tree, a shed that spawns random loot and a boar that runs around in full panic mode 24/7.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I'm definitely hopeful they add in a few more islands too!    I want one small distant island with an apple tree, a shed that spawns random loot and a boar that runs around in full panic mode 24/7.

LOL --- pure Headturn

Schweine-Karibik.jpg

• Like 4

I would like to see zeds shoot at people.  They wouldn't even have to have decent aim.  If the infected could shoot at people, the pve side would no longer be trivial.  Additionally, you wouldn't be able to determine how many players are out there and what kind of gear they have, simply by listening from a mile away.  They have enough coordination to jump over a fence with one hand, why not be able to squeeze a trigger?

I guess there is no one feature I desire most.  They're all part of the final package.  I've been waiting for a long time and there's no thing that I'm champing at the bit for, at this point.

On 2017-08-02 at 10:43 PM, kopo79 said:

Winter

This would be really amazing, beautiful and sometimes veeeeeery cold winter ! 

But I guess that it would end up just like night and rain, everybody wants it, and then you don't see it in any server at all. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Parazight said:

I would like to see zeds shoot at people.  They wouldn't even have to have decent aim.  If the infected could shoot at people, the pve side would no longer be trivial.  Additionally, you wouldn't be able to determine how many players are out there and what kind of gear they have, simply by listening from a mile away.  They have enough coordination to jump over a fence with one hand, why not be able to squeeze a trigger?

Had these same thoughts.. a random zed that's armed with some kind of firearm. Could be military, police or a hunter but with poor aim unless your unlucky and bump right into them. Would possibly open the door for AI in mods even 

What I want most are dynamic events and AI of all kinds. I want NPC military personnel flying helicopters that can crash with good loot. I want military personnel patrolling some roads, especially military outposts. I want NPC bandits. I want  singular roaming AI units with terrifying capabilities, like bears and super zombies. In The WarZ, before it's name changed, there was a swamp in the corner of the map where you could hear a creature screech at night. It was just a placeholder, but at the time I didn't know that, and the fear that I might get run down by some mysterious super monster in the night was intense. Similar to how we can hear wolves howl, we should be able to hear screeches in the distance from these super zombies, and they should be much faster, stronger, louder, and bigger than your average zombie. But in the case of bears I think it would be cool if we only heard the roar right before it's actually about to charge, to increase the surprise and fear factor. 

It would be pretty cool if these AI units dropped especially rare loot/resources as well. It would also be really cool if all of the AI units had the potential to interact in dynamic ways, even if there are no players present. They should engage zombie hordes that get within range. If a bear wanders into military territory, they may need to take it down. If a helicopter is shot down, military personnel should respond, and any eaves droppers should be able to hear their radio correspondence if they are within ear shot or if they are tuned in with a radio to the right frequency. If military personnel see a player, they should engage accordingly. If you are carrying a weapon at your hip, you should face apprehension. If you raise your weapon in their direction, they should open fire. You should be able to interact with them through the use of gestures, such as raising your hands when told. A DayZ server should be an interesting place even if there aren't any players around. DayZ's biggest problem at the moment is that a server with few players is a wasteland. Player interactivity is surely DayZ's most outstanding feature, but if it is all that it has to offer, and it is right now, that is not enough. We need DayZ to be a game, and not just an empty simulator. It can't be left entirely up to the players to bring the world to life, the world needs to already be alive to attract players and encourage them to take up the role of a survivor. 

I'd also like to see underground tunnels in DayZ. 

Edited by Solopopo