Sign in to follow this  
Rademp

Clothing logic

Why not add logic to the clothes? I mean that you can, after all, improve the system and allow the character in addition to one jacket to wear under it something lighter, for example, a sweater . You can only visualize the collar

Edited by Rademp

I get the gist of what you're saying here and I've thought about it as well.

However, it seems that All Players and All Clothing are the SAME SIZE, which is a bit silly to me, but easier on the systems probably.

There are already Vests you can find that go over your outfit, but I do desire a lot more to arrive as well as turn certain other items into Vest Items.

Such as the Rain Coat. - This should be able to be used as a poncho that goes over main attire.

Still, not sure this is at all a priority to the Devs who had much bigger fish to fry. - There's also the issue of Clipping.

But. . Modders will get to it if the Devs do not. 

In time.

Personally, I'd like to see ponchos added. Also, dry bags shouldn't take up a huge slot of inventory and require you take them out every time you want to access the stuff inside; it should be just a modification to the bag (if the bag is big enough to hold the dry bag), maybe turn the slots green or something to indicate which items are stored in the dry bag compartment.

Also, a trick we used in the Army was to use a heavy black trash bag inside your ruck to water/dustproof it. Thus, it could rain all it wanted on your ruck, and your clothes and MRE parts and mags and stuff would all stay nice and dry. Further, trash bags can be quickly modified into a makeshift poncho by cutting neck and arm holes out of the bottom. Further still, trash bags can be used to carry water as well, in an emergency situation.

Also also, I wonder why the ghillie bush rag doesn't fit over the backpack.... After all, it's supposed to go over the shoulders. There's no reason it can't cover your pack's shoulder straps and top of the pack, aside from a bit of clipping.... But I've noticed a good bunch of items already clip, some hilariously so... And don't even get me started on where your back-slung rifle's magazine or drum is disappearing to.... :P

Edited by t3h_kgb

On 7/28/2017 at 10:58 AM, Espa said:

However, it seems that All Players and All Clothing are the SAME SIZE, which is a bit silly to me, but easier on the systems probably.

Different sized people present a multitude of challenges. From my understanding, the body model, the skeleton, and hitboxes all have to be scaled individually, and then all the movement animations have to be adjusted to the new size, then all wearable items will most likely have to have a proportionally compatible model as well to use for when the character puts it on. It's a ton of labor-intensive and time-consuming work. So much so, that even the ArmA 3 dev team decided not to have any female models at all (unlike ArmA 2). The fact that we have both male and female models in SA is something worth appreciating. 

There are already Vests you can find that go over your outfit, but I do desire a lot more to arrive as well as turn certain other items into Vest Items.

Such as the Rain Coat. - This should be able to be used as a poncho that goes over main attire.

Still, not sure this is at all a priority to the Devs who had much bigger fish to fry. - There's also the issue of Clipping.

I too would love to see us be able to do things like  combine the chest holster with the crafted leather vest, or make ponchos or improvised tents out of plastic or canvas tarps in the future.

Then there is the whole clipping issue, which is why things like ponchos, belt holsters, robes, long dresses, and long coats like dusters or greatcoats are not in the game (that's why we only have chest holsters and the chest-centered ballistic vest attachment, for example). They need to be able to look right in combination with all other clothes. We may see some of those later on down the road, but probably well after 1.0 at least.

But. . Modders will get to it if the Devs do not. 

In time.

You're right about this. While there may be certain things that just aren't possible when it comes to expanding body types and clothing possibilities, the vast majority of things are possible, just not practical when one is prioritizing things and looking at cost/benefit of the time involved, whether your a BI dev or a modder. 

Edited by chambersenator