VeatFlash

new live for old scopes

Hello developers , I propose to make NATO scopes can be attached to the AK rifles . ---------------------------------------- why ? by the fact that : 1) it's realistic - today, many special forces use the AK with a NATO scope ( elcan , acog , EOtech ) 2) I have a weak computer and that when I open PSO my fps drops to 7-10 , I think this problem not just me . BUT !!! when I open the ACOG my fps does not drop and I am confident to shoot . 3) I think this looks good . here is the concept .

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/863980945178660282/771AF9C0B2D44EC57106EE0A75CA9B18F30277C9/

Well it's not that realistic...

There are variations of Kalashnikov rifles which can mount NATO attachments. But they are not very common within most branches of the Russian military. The guns we have in game certainly don't allow for any such attachments.

• Like 1

Side-mount picatinny rails for AKs exist... Plus, NATO forces are (or rather, have been) in Chernarus, as evidenced by the Huey crashes and NATO gear. Thus, saying "but it's not common in East-Bloc forces" isn't exactly a strong argument, especially since the AK101 drops in NATO-heavy areas like the Tisy base.

Really, I just want to have a Kashtan or EOtech on the 74u, and YES 74u's were manufactured with the side-mount.

Edited by t3h_kgb

4 hours ago, t3h_kgb said:

saying "but it's not common in East-Bloc forces" isn't exactly a strong argument, especially since the AK101 drops in NATO-heavy areas like the Tisy base.

Well, 'AK101' should be deleted. The artist made a great AK74M model, but the devs gave it the wrong name because at the time, they didn't want to add the correct 5.45 mm cartridge. No reason for this incorrectly-labelled item to exist now.

Still, NATO forces exist(ed) in Chernarus, meaning there's still a likelihood of AK picatinny mounts... If the FAL has the DSA railed top cover, then there's a total possibility of AK picatinnies...

On 7/27/2017 at 5:37 PM, t3h_kgb said:

Still, NATO forces exist(ed) in Chernarus, meaning there's still a likelihood of AK picatinny mounts... If the FAL has the DSA railed top cover, then there's a total possibility of AK picatinnies...

I would say you should be able to find or assemble AKs with mounts for Western optics, but that the average AK should not be capable of accepting them without modification. And the average AK, as spawned, or in player hands, should be pretty much 'as-issued', meaning no optics at all.

Side note: we already have in DayZ a Midwest Industries railed handguard, which in real life, is available in a version compatible with an optic that is also in the game ('FNX45 MRDS', top right in image below).

D0lWzu7.png

1135.png

fnx45mrds.png

• Like 1

On 7/27/2017 at 6:19 PM, -Gews- said:

Well, 'AK101' should be deleted. The artist made a great AK74M model, but the devs gave it the wrong name because at the time, they didn't want to add the correct 5.45 mm cartridge. No reason for this incorrectly-labelled item to exist now.

Would you mind explaining this a little more? Are you saying that the AK-101 that is in game is not the correct model for a real life AK-101? I read up on this weapon a while back and it seem like the AK-101 does indeed exist and is really only different from the 74M in that it fires 5.56 instead of 5.45, as I'm absolutely positive that you already know. Why wouldn't they leave in an AK that accepts 5.56? I'm sure I'm missing something here....

Edited by ColdAtrophy

1 hour ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Would you mind explaining this a little more? Are you saying that the AK-101 that is in game is not the correct model for a real life AK-101? I read up on this weapon a while back and it seem like the AK-101 does indeed exist and is really only different from the 74M in that it fires 5.56 instead of 5.45, as I'm absolutely positive that you already know. Why wouldn't they leave in an AK that accepts 5.56? I'm sure I'm missing something here....

Only one model in DayZ: AK74M. You can inspect the 'AK101' magazines and see the distinctive 5.45 cartridges within.

Admittedly the visual difference is not great, the magazine on the 5.56 AK101 should have less curvature.

nqgucQb.png

But apart from incorrect models I don't think it makes any sense for these weapons to be spawning in Chernarus, either.

I said this on Reddit:

Unpopular opinion, but I very much hope they take this gun right out of the game.

1. Is clearly using the exact same AK-74M model, uses the AK-74 mag with 5.45 rounds. Incorrect depiction!

2. Was only "added" in the first place because they weren't going to include 5.45x39mm cartridge. The artist had created an 5.45 AK74M so the devs changed the name to "AK101". Now we have 5.45x39mm cartridge... so what good reason is there to keep "AK101"?

3. What about authenticity? If they're upgrading, joining NATO, whatever, doesn't make sense for Chernarus or whoever to adopt what is essentially a 5.56 AK74M, by this time an outdated weapon system and with no real advantage over their standard rifle and issue round.

[. . .]

A simple name change to "AK74M" and a slight bump to the damage of 5.45, which the renamed rifle would use, because that round is currently a bit weak.

AK101 fans would get a rifle that looks exactly the same and performs exactly the same as it does now, and fans of realism would get their fix as well.

• Like 1

Today! But dayz in 2011-2013 years. In this years are wasn't these scopes fastening.