Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Incompetence at Bohemia Interactive's Infringement Dept.

I can't believe I'm reduced to posting in the forums, but here it goes! Before anyone asks, prior to posting here I messaged Baty (did what she could which was little but thank you all the same!), Brian Hicks (too busy saving seals and whales), Ivan Buchta (unresponsive), Orlok (tried to help but went unresponsive), Karel Novak (ugh), Vojtech Dvorak (ugh), Hwk @ DayZtv (unresponsive), Kichilron (responded but couldn't help), Marek Spanel (unresponsive), BattlEye (unresponsive), and Jan Hovora (very helpful). 

Bohemia Interactive authorized my project to implement a ban review fee. We only used this on our PvE No-Kill server and for only the mildest of offenders. There are several requirements to qualify. We keep extensive records in-case there was any question or concerns.

Recently, we banned a woman who blatantly and admittedly broke the rules, she was offered our monetized fee. Her husband went apeshit and made up lies (saying it was an accident) about what she did even though we have her ban appeal (she said she did it on purpose and was being "playful" and that she thought we were running false incentives to get traffic) in our Discord telling the complete opposite story.

Husband goes to reddit and continues to lie about what happened. Camcantrun (low level content creator) got on board because we banned him for blatantly breaking the rules and it should be known he went nuts because he was banned. He even made a little lame-o video and tried smearing our good name with slanderous accusations. Anyway, he put up the infringement department email in the reddit debacle and I guess a bunch of folks sent emails in. Our ban list is 6,000+ so we've got a lot of haters that will go to the ends of the Earth to hurt what we do. All we're doing is being active admins and giving players exactly what they want...a cheater-free, exploit-free, hacker-free place to play.  It should be noted that since we started our monetized ban review fee we've made maybe 20 bucks and everything that gets donated goes to server costs which exceed $1,200 usd quarterly. So far we've spent approaching $20,000 usd which I'll have to pay taxes on out of my own pocket.

The ban review fee served two purposes.

• A deterrent for rule breakers
  • A way to fund our project

Anyway, being proactive I emailed the Monetization Department. I have nothing to hide and am completely transparent. Unfortunately, they found us guilty with zero due process and zero proof. They said because DayZ is a community driven game that the community has spoken and we're guilty. Mind you, there is ZERO proof. All of the proof is in my possession because of the level of records we keep for situations just like this. We have 6000+ bans with 2,800 bans having 6 fields of data each so thats 16,674 entires not counting the entries for the remaining 3,200 which is almost 20,000 entries of ban data!!! Thats what it takes to keep three servers clean. We also have tons of logs online as well as offline for consumption as well as a ban list.txt that shows all of the bans (many with acronymed details). We offered our databases and every bit of data to prove our case but the Monetization Department (Karel Novak and Vojtech Dvorak) won't hear it because they said there was an overwhelming amount of complaints. That is impossible because we haven't done many monetized ban review fee offers. Less than 50 is my guess and thats probably being generous. They gave us an ultimatum to remove our ban appeal fee donation buttons which we were unable to do because we're in the process of debugging new features on our website. I made them aware of the following...

Problems with newly coded features and our .htaccess file was preventing me from getting into Wordpress and my coders Aunt who served as his mother recently died at 59 in her sleep...with zero warning. My coder has some disabilities and went from not working for 10+ years to working 3 jobs just to make ends meet. I told the Monetization Department there would be delays in removing the buttons, but in the mean time I've taken action in our only area for Ban Appeals which happens on our Discord. We use Discord because messages remain with time stamps and serve as a living breathing record. We put up daily messages that Ban Appeals were disabled. Someone donated for a ban appeal unsolicited (which is super rare) and was refunded. We had detailed conversations with the donor in Discord so there is a record of the incident. Recently I've sent 17+ screenshots of varying degree's proving everything to Karel Novak, Vojtech Dvorak, as well as Marek Spanel (he got more screens of emails...maybe 25+?).

The Monetization Department never responded to my email so I naturally took this as leniency. On the 18th they said because I wasn't compliant that they were removing my monetization completely (with no warning) and that I needed to get ALL donation buttons off our site and in the meantime they removed my BattlEye protection (really?) until that time. They're also putting BattlEye messages on all 3 of our servers saying we're infringing and that the admin (me) needs to contact the office (lol) in a very malicious tone. We're in compliance, and we've been in compliance, and I am in and have been in contact with the office!!! I've sent everything to the proper channels and they're just rolling us over the coals for unknown reasons. I luckily got hold of my coder on the 19th (because I didn't check my email on the 18th so I did it as soon as I read it) and he got me into Wordpress. I removed everything. Basically, the Monetization Department is saying we can't accept donations AT ALL to fund our servers because of false accusations. We are a donation driven project. Without donations, we can't pay our bills.

BattlEye is still down and not a single soul has responded to any of my emails. I have sponsorships and affiliations that could be effected by these slanderous accusations and not only that, why would you make your ever dwindling player-base pay the price over a dispute with a server admin by turning off BattlEye protection? Hackers could do as they wish and the people that pay is the player base which is approaching all time low numbers yet again.

I find it alarming that if you get enough complaints with ZERO PROOF that Bohemia Interactive will take action against a project thats respected to the point that people swear we're using bots because we're so active with keeping the servers clean. There is a thing called DUE PROCESS that was invented to protect entities from libel and slander. Bohemia Interactive is acting very unprofessional, juvenile, as well as criminal...literally what they're doing is illegal. They know that anyone NOT in Czech will have to fork over 5k-10k to get started with a legal representation that deals with internet law as well as international law. That's awesome!

Also, why is my US-1 and US-2 getting BattlEye messages about infringement? Those servers never had a monetized ban review fee, that was strictly US-3. I find it sophomoric that those servers should be effected when they're not part of the issue at hand.

Here we are 7 days later after doing EVERYTHING the Monetization Department told us to do (despite how bitter the pill has been to swallow) and we're still being dragged through the mud by entitled little kids. I really don't understand how Bohemia Interactive expects a community to survive operating like this.

I have proof we've never abused Monetization. I am transparent, beyond concerned, and willing to put all of our ban data (which is MASSIVE) into the proper hands. We deserve to be compensated for being unlawfully attacked. We deserve an apology broadcasted on all three of our servers. We deserve to be reinstated. Bohemia Interactive needs to be clear and concise with Monetization Requirements. The entire documentation is ambiguous and lacking.

If you're wondering why the game is taking so long to get made, maybe the ^ wall of text on how they operate should shed some light on their internal processes. I know there are people who will defend them no matter how many bowls of steaming Alpo they put in front of you, but come on...this is ridiculous.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Like 3

I would suggest posting this on reddit as well. People often jump sides when they learn the whole story.

This sounds like a sucky situation, I hope you can get it sorted out.

Edited by OliverPlotTwist

I think you don't understand why Bohemia is undertaking these steps. I don't know if you're active on the DayZ Reddit, I'm not really active there but when this was an ongoing thing on Reddit, I did read it.

Basically, there were a lot of complaints towards the fact that there is the possibility to get unbanned for a fee. They sent a complaint towards Bohemia and they responded with something like  "Unbanning for a fee is just on the line of acceptable. However since we're getting a lot of complaints, we're going to review it". I guess they found that were enough complaints about this option that they decided to change their rules or are going to.

There were also more accusations towards you but those were without proof so I took them with a grain of salt. I felt those were more to just shit more on you and get the bandwagon started even more. I also think those 2 topics are a reason why you got less population. I saw a lot of people react with "I do not approve of this, going to quit playing on there".

But to be fair, I think Bohemia could've handled this a bit nicer. Rather than putting a message up on the server, they could just contact the owner or the GSP which then contacts you. I do know that you care a lot about running the servers, I have seen that with my own eyes.

Hopefully it will make you understand that you are not being punished by abusing the monetization rules but rather the fact that a lot of people complained about a rule being on the edge of what Bohemia allow.

35 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

I would suggest posting this on reddit as well. People often jump sides when they learn the whole story.

This sounds like a sucky situation, I hope you can get it sorted out.

Not a good idea because this is where it all started...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IMT said:

Eh, you're probably right. This is way out of my comfort zone. So I'm gonna peace out of this thread.

o7

I literally have no idea what I just read but it was as captivating as the recent Status Report was. 

Kudos. 

Edit = Lest we forget, because game is Alpha?

Edited by [Gen]Adzic
Gots to get "Alpha" in..

44 minutes ago, IMT said:

I think you don't understand why Bohemia is undertaking these steps. I don't know if you're active on the DayZ Reddit, I'm not really active there but when this was an ongoing thing on Reddit, I did read it.

Basically, there were a lot of complaints towards the fact that there is the possibility to get unbanned for a fee. They sent a complaint towards Bohemia and they responded with something like  "Unbanning for a fee is just on the line of acceptable. However since we're getting a lot of complaints, we're going to review it". I guess they found that were enough complaints about this option that they decided to change their rules or are going to.

There were also more accusations towards you but those were without proof so I took them with a grain of salt. I felt those were more to just shit more on you and get the bandwagon started even more. I also think those 2 topics are a reason why you got less population. I saw a lot of people react with "I do not approve of this, going to quit playing on there".

But to be fair, I think Bohemia could've handled this a bit nicer. Rather than putting a message up on the server, they could just contact the owner or the GSP which then contacts you. I do know that you care a lot about running the servers, I have seen that with my own eyes.

Hopefully it will make you understand that you are not being punished by abusing the monetization rules but rather the fact that a lot of people complained about a rule being on the edge of what Bohemia allow.

Of course I understand why they're doing it and I read the thread on reddit as it was put up. I was very proactive about it as stated. The "complaints" were unfounded and are lacking proof. We never abused Monetization ever and can prove that as I said ^. I am being persecuted for abuse, they've literally said I'm guilty.

Those two topics weren't the first topics on DZC. If you think thats the first, you're late to the soirée my friend =)

Our ban list is bigger than the top 10 combined and thats a fact. When we were at 2,000 a rep from some co-op the top 10 had asked me if I wanted to share my ban list and be part of the co-op. They boasted how they had over 200 bans. I did 200 bans that MONTH catching dupers back in the .4's. I reported the first hacked server project with their scripts and software and made a lot of enemies along the way. I know what is effecting my population. I started my first DayZ server in September 2012 so I've got quite a bit experience. I would love any of the GSP's I use to contact me because I have an awesome working relationship with staff on both ends. If they contacted them this issue would have been resolved weeks ago.

39 minutes ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

I literally have no idea what I just read but it was as captivating as the recent Status Report was. 

Kudos. 

Edit = Lest we forget, because game is Alpha?

What you read is this...

If you get enough people to complain you can shut down any server you don't like. That IS modus operandi of Bohemia Interactive. You want active admins that give a shit? Tough, you ain't getting it because they're hated by the community and when the community says something is true, its true no matter how false it is.

So a bunch of cheaters or people who dislike your server/rules shut you down by complaining to BI that your keeping them from playing the game? I'd have assumed that's doing their job for them and helpful.. hmmm, I still don't get it, the whole thing makes no sense to me.

Excuse me if I missed something but when you talk about monetization, what do people have the option to pay for and why? maybe that's the issue. Are you (or perceived to be) running some get rich quick scheme or something, by using DayZ as a means to pocket some dough? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

So a bunch of cheaters or people who dislike your server/rules shut you down by complaining to BI that your keeping them from playing the game? I'd have assumed that's doing their job for them and helpful.. hmmm, I still don't get it, the whole thing makes no sense to me.

Excuse me if I missed something but when you talk about monetization, what do people have the option to pay for and why? maybe that's the issue. Are you (or perceived to be) running some get rich quick scheme or something, by using DayZ as a means to pocket some dough? 

Great questions. Thank you for responding and asking for clarification!

No, the complaints were that we were abusing our monetized ban review fee. Our US-3 'no-kill' server is a one of a kind. We started the entire concept of 'no-kill' to give the player base the truest form of PvE. If you punch, shoot, melee, or harm a player you will be banned because someone can die from a single blow. There are scheduled server messages that go off every 3 minutes that indicate the rules, our Steam group has those rules, forum, and website I believe. Sure there are accidents and we have internal provisions set up for such cases and we have removed a few bans if given the required proof. Unfortunately, players tend to try and exploit the incident of "accident." The dog ate my homework if you know what I mean? This is why we require satisfactory proof.

To qualify for a ban review fee there are very strict requirements and probably something obscene like ~5% of bans get considered. All of this takes a great deal of work. We have to sift through the Ban Appeal section of Discord and trust me when I say "sift" lol. Find the log in our GSP, run the Steam64ID of those involved. Get them in chat, get them talking, look for deception, look for proof, etc etc. Each Ban Appeal takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes, that's a lot of work! Time cost money, man power costs money, servers cost money. Ban fee's can be less than a cup of coffee after the due diligence we pay...up front.

Our server costs exceed $1,2000 US dollars quarterly (every 3 months). Every single red cent we get in donations go to paying for our Lambo's server costs. Nobody on staff gets paid because we're not turning a profit. We're barely staying afloat. Mind you, every donation we take in, I have to pay taxes on it...it costs ME money!

Did I answer your question? =)

• Like 2

Ahh now I understand, I think. You provide a PVE only server that if players KOS on (against the rules and ideology of the server), they get banned. You set a fee for players who wish to appeal and undo that ban. I assume to act as a deterrent? that some disagree with paying and subsequently reported you and now your in a dispute with BI.

It's the same as asking for donations to run a private server if you ask me. I don't see any other clan/groups getting into this sort of trouble for doing that, so I understand your frustration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

Ahh now I understand, I think. You provide a PVE only server that if players KOS on (against the rules and ideology of the server), they get banned. You set a fee for players who wish to appeal and undo that ban. I assume to act as a deterrent? that some disagree with paying and subsequently reported you and now your in a dispute with BI.

It's the same as asking for donations to run a private server if you ask me. I don't see any other clan/groups getting into this sort of trouble for doing that, so I understand your frustration. 

Sort of, but not entirely. My PvE vision is No-Kill, NOT No-Kos. Believe it or not, you can kill a player with a single punch, melee hit, bullet or etc. All of which are bannable offenses. If you punch someone, banned. Hit them with a crowbar, banned. Shoot someone, banned...etc. We have a Tipline and a Marshals Service for players to report crimes/incidents/etc and if you want to get whitelisted you'll have instant access to admins on Facebook. When we're home and in front of the computer, bans get dealt out in less than 3 minutes sometimes. Players swear we're running bots but we're not. My moderator 'Polar' has two screens and streams logs off Fragnet so when in incident happens he's on it instantly. Nobody and I mean nobody has a faster response time in DayZ history. Yet here we are, fighting to stay afloat over a bunch of cry-babies that can't handle rejection.

We were the first project (because it was my idea) to ask for ban review fee's. Bohemia Interactive had ZERO PROBLEM giving me that green light. They never said it was on the border of anything.

• Like 1

I honestly can believe that Bohemia would even allow you to even have those rules.  From my understanding, during development, server renters still had to follow the rules laid out by Bohemia

• You may not perform the following actions on your server

◦ Access RPT Logs (At this time) ◦ Access/Modify Gameserver data (At this time)

◦ Install any 3rd party tools, modifications, or applications (aside from BEC – At this time)

Use any unapproved monetization (f.e. sell in-game items or a location of a base)

Now when modding comes out I could see mods giving you the ability to turn the server into what you want.

Edited by Guy Smiley

10 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

I honestly can believe that Bohemia would even allow you to even have those rules.  From my understanding, during development, server renters still had to follow the rules laid out by Bohemia

• You may not perform the following actions on your server

◦ Access RPT Logs (At this time) ◦ Access/Modify Gameserver data (At this time)

◦ Install any 3rd party tools, modifications, or applications (aside from BEC – At this time)

Use any unapproved monetization (f.e. sell in-game items or a location of a base)

Now when modding comes out I could see mods giving you the ability to turn the server into what you want.

Hello,

Like I said before...full transparency! Our Ban Appeal Review Fee was approved with zero problem or stipulation.

NchdRjQ.png

Thanks for stopping by!

• Like 3

@Weyland Yutani- I have played on that server for over 500 hours (under different names) with only two KOS's earlier on. The players that killed me apparently never came back because I have yet to be killed again. My character's live longer on that server than any other PvE server I have played on. The Marshal Service characters are all friendly, helpful and very professional ALWAYS. The Admins are the exact same way. I do suffer lag spikes on an occasion but for the overall experience, it's worth it.

I will continue to play on this server until it is no longer possible.

31 minutes ago, MaxKragen said:

@Weyland Yutani- I have played on that server for over 500 hours (under different names) with only two KOS's earlier on. The players that killed me apparently never came back because I have yet to be killed again. My character's live longer on that server than any other PvE server I have played on. The Marshal Service characters are all friendly, helpful and very professional ALWAYS. The Admins are the exact same way. I do suffer lag spikes on an occasion but for the overall experience, it's worth it.

I will continue to play on this server until it is no longer possible.

Hey Max, thats for stopping by and giving us some great feedback. Rest assured that whoever killed you got banned. We'll be sticking around, it's just going to be more challenging staying afloat. I'm glad you've had such a great experience with our Marshals Service. They're really the best role-players I've ever met. Thanks!

This reminds me of when BMRF fell.. be careful Weyland, this is a slippery slope you're on.

;)

• Like 2

This sounds like a personal issue, or a political conflict.  In either case it might pay to keep things a bit closer to the chest in this case.

I've played on your servers, and had good interactions with you personally, especially concerning policing the servers for all manner of in-game fuckery. But there is a reputation that your servers are getting lately, which you might want to take control of; this type of thing doesn't necessarily help.

I referred a player to your No. 2 server because he was looking for good RP.  Two days later he messages me about how your admin was blasting him on FB using obscenities, because he left the group after deciding the server was not what he was expecting--finding more KOS than he was looking for.

Just saying man, there are some things not right in that house.  This much drama doesn't happen for no good reason.  Getting banned from the official forums is not what I consider to be effective damage control. 

Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irish. said:

This reminds me of when BMRF fell.. be careful Weyland, this is a slippery slope you're on.

;)

I'm not talking to you anymore. I read what you said about me on Reddit. Not cool dude.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

This sounds like a personal issue, or a political conflict.  In either case it might pay to keep things a bit closer to the chest in this case.

I've played on your servers, and had good interactions with you personally, especially concerning policing the servers for all manner of in-game fuckery. But there is a reputation that your servers are getting lately, which you might want to take control of; this type of thing doesn't necessarily help.

I referred a player to your No. 2 server because he was looking for good RP.  Two days later he messages me about how your admin was blasting him on FB using obscenities, because he left the group after deciding the server was not what he was expecting--finding more KOS than he was looking for.

Just saying man, there are some things not right in that house.  This much drama doesn't happen for no good reason.  Getting banned from the official forums is not what I consider to be effective damage control. 

Best of luck to you.

I'm out of cards obviously. Bohemia is acting out of line..

That guy you sent our way was a jerk that went apeshit on our Facebook Timeline. I think he got killed at NWAF and lost his mind because he thought he was going to get RP at an AF. High risk = high reward. He started making wild accusations about the Marshals Service which was explained to my satisfaction. Ever think there is more than your friends side of the story to consider?

You're the exact type of mentality thats creating this problem. We've got 6,000 bans...you don't know what it's like to sit in my seat and deal with people at this volume.  Am I banned from the Official Forums?

"Two days later he messages me about how your admin was blasting him on FB using obscenities, because he left the group after deciding the server was not what he was expecting--finding more KOS than he was looking for."

Total bullshit about the Facebook thing. I got his chat pulled up. You also sent me some little kid with a Vac Ban too. When I checked his Steam friends list I saw your name on there.

27 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I'm not talking to you anymore. I read what you said about me on Reddit. Not cool dude.

That's mature of you.

*Edit: did you mean this.. or that thread about your locked out camps? - 

From Redditlink to context

"I get your point LordCake, and I thank you tremendously for letting this stay up for now.

I hope that you can see how it should possibly not be taken down.. there is a certain amount of freedom of speech, and good information for others within this, that I believe helps the dayz community a great deal. I cannot count the number of threads I have seen, and can still bring up in a search, regarding this server and its potential abuse of the dayz community. I believe this thread alone could alleviate a lot of future players from experiencing similar negative things, as previously reported by others, and that is a value to this community and to reddit."

Either way Weyland.. Carry on my wayward son.

Edited by Irish.

4 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I'm out of cards obviously. Bohemia is acting out of line..

That guy you sent our way was a jerk that went apeshit on our Facebook Timeline. I think he got killed at NWAF and lost his mind because he thought he was going to get RP at an AF. High risk = high reward. He started making wild accusations about the Marshals Service which was explained to my satisfaction. Ever think there is more than your friends side of the story to consider?

You're the exact type of mentality thats creating this problem. We've got 6,000 bans...you don't know what it's like to sit in my seat and deal with people at this volume.  Am I banned from the Official Forums?

Damn, dude, I wasn't trying to start anything.  You could probably still consider me to be on your side somewhat sympathetic on a human level, even though I am very out of the loop on this issue.  I've played your servers, met some of your people and seen the diligence in keeping them clean and running smoothly.

Just trying to let you know, that aside from my great personal experiences with you and your servers, I've heard quite a bit otherwise; even to the point of getting cryptic warnings to stay away from that community after suggesting your servers to people who ask for a good place to play.
As for the guy I sent your way: of course I only heard one side of the story, and have no way of verifying it either way.  But that does nothing to change the perception of the situation, which can be functionally more consequential than the reality of the situation.

As for the forums rules, I can tell you that I met Boneboys on not the greatest of terms after mentioning something related to your 10th paragraph.  It's not explicitly in the rules, but it got me a two week vacation with not so much as a warning.

I can see that you have been struggling to get this sorted out, and I can sympathize with the stress this must be causing you.  But it sounds like this is a PR war, and appearances matter.
Perception matters.  In my opinion, some aspects of airing all this dirty laundry in public might serve contrary to your interests.  That is just my perception of the situation from an outside point of view. Take it or leave it.

Sorry for adding to your troubles, however incrementally.  I'm not trying to dogpile on the side of the haters, just want you to be aware of appearances and how adding more public drama might not necessarily jive with the image you are trying to cultivate.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Irish. said:

That's mature of you.

*Edit: did you mean this.. or that thread about your locked out camps? - 

From Redditlink to context

"I get your point LordCake, and I thank you tremendously for letting this stay up for now.

I hope that you can see how it should possibly not be taken down.. there is a certain amount of freedom of speech, and good information for others within this, that I believe helps the dayz community a great deal. I cannot count the number of threads I have seen, and can still bring up in a search, regarding this server and its potential abuse of the dayz community. I believe this thread alone could alleviate a lot of future players from experiencing similar negative things, as previously reported by others, and that is a value to this community and to reddit."

Either way Weyland.. Carry on my wayward son.

Yes, that was very mature of you. We were authorized and the complaints were/are unfounded. You're one of these guys that thinks that if something is on the internet/reddit its true. This is 2017 dude, witch trials ended a long time ago. You played a part in where we're at so for that, I'm not talking to you. Is this because you got denied for whitelisting because you tried blatantly breaking our whitelisting rules by giving us a fake FB account? Actually never mind, I'm putting you on ignore.

18 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

In my opinion, some aspects of airing all this dirty laundry in public might serve contrary to your interests.

I'm just getting started. Wait until you see what's coming next.

I'm just gonna say that I hope you can pull this out of the fire; even after our last interaction.

Take care Weyland.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Here we are 7 days later after doing EVERYTHING the Monetization Department told us to do (despite how bitter the pill has been to swallow) and we're still being dragged through the mud by entitled little kids. I really don't understand how Bohemia Interactive expects a community to survive operating like this.

You haven't been in touch with our Monetization Department since June 26. Please communicate with them directly, as only they can resolve this with you, nobody else can - especially not our CEO, any DayZ developer, DayZTV (not associated with Bohemia in any way) or Jan Hovora (not working at Bohemia for... I don't even know how many years). If you no longer monetize unbans, and comply with EVERYTHING that our Monetization team requested of you, do let our Monetization team know - and BattlEye will be reactivated on your server(s) promptly.

As for the situation in general, you've been granted an exception, or more precisely allowed to be an edge case of our monetization rules. As long as that setup did not cause issues in the community, we had no reasons to revoke your license to monetize the way you do. Unfortunately, there were issues reported to us, and that's why this monetization model is no longer sustainable for you. You have to understand that this is not a court room where you present evidence - as soon as we believe the monetization license no longer creates a healthy community environment, we can, and we will revoke it. 

We appreciate your effort to try and create a very tightly controlled community, but it did not quite work out that way. Please comply with the requests of our Monetization team, and try to look for other ways to fund your servers. There are communities that can serve as an example to you - I'm sure you know them, as they are either listed as approved DayZ monetizers, or acquire funds as voluntary donations.

I will let you reply in this thread one more time and then will have it closed for further replies. Please do not create any more threads on this topic on the official forums again, they will be deleted immediately (and you can get yourself banned, even though that's not something we want to do).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

You haven't been in touch with our Monetization Department since June 26. Please communicate with them directly, as only they can resolve this with you, nobody else can - especially not our CEO, any DayZ developer, DayZTV (not associated with Bohemia in any way) or Jan Hovora (not working at Bohemia for... I don't even know how many years). If you no longer monetize unbans, and comply with EVERYTHING that our Monetization team requested of you, do let our Monetization team know - and BattlEye will be reactivated on your server(s) promptly.

As for the situation in general, you've been granted an exception, or more precisely allowed to be an edge case of our monetization rules. As long as that setup did not cause issues in the community, we had no reasons to revoke your license to monetize the way you do. Unfortunately, there were issues reported to us, and that's why this monetization model is no longer sustainable for you. You have to understand that this is not a court room where you present evidence - as soon as we believe the monetization license no longer creates a healthy community environment, we can, and we will revoke it. 

We appreciate your effort to try and create a very tightly controlled community, but it did not quite work out that way. Please comply with the requests of our Monetization team, and try to look for other ways to fund your servers. There are communities that can serve as an example to you - I'm sure you know them, as they are either listed as approved DayZ monetizers, or acquire funds as voluntary donations.

I will let you reply in this thread one more time and then will have it closed for further replies. Please do not create any more threads on this topic on the official forums again, they will be deleted immediately (and you can get yourself banned, even though that's not something we want to do).

Hello,

I have proof that we've been in contact with Karel Novak as well as Vojtech Dvorak on multiple occasions from the 30th of June and on. All of my correspondences have been in reply to their correspondence. How can we accept donations if your office shut down our monetization completely?

drStw4a.jpg

June 27th

Please read this one very carefully, Vojtech said that complaints from the community is proof enough that you (me) do abuse the system. There is no due process there. We have been in good standing and deserve a chance for our side to be heard especially considering the amount of records we keep for situations like this!

wHkSt2K.png

18th

vqeGUgm.png

20th

OUpeJYH.png

24th

mUXogo8.png

25th

lAc6gsI.png

As seen in the below picture, this is what started the entire fiasco. The woman involved's husband lied about the incident. LIKE I SAID, we've NEVER abused the monetization that we were approved for...ever. We keep extensive records of all ban review fee's. I would like our general monetization reinstated as well as our ban review fee reinstated. I would also like a public apology broadcast across all three of DayZ Colony servers saying you office was in error, because it was in error. And why would the department disable BattlEye anyway? Also, why is our US-1 and US-2 being hurt over a fiasco that only concerned US-3?

Wife admitting to breaking our rules on US-3

D2RYT7j.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Yes, that was very mature of you. We were authorized and the complaints were/are unfounded. You're one of these guys that thinks that if something is on the internet/reddit its true. This is 2017 dude, witch trials ended a long time ago. You played a part in where we're at so for that, I'm not talking to you. Is this because you got denied for whitelisting because you tried blatantly breaking our whitelisting rules by giving us a fake FB account? Actually never mind, I'm putting you on ignore.

You need meds. I'm serious. Like, go talk to someone... not about this damned game. 

FYI, I was on the whitelist. I played on all your servers, at one point.. had camps on every one of them.

Also, I did research and never once mentioned your name, nor did I bash you in any way. I simply stated my opinion that there is something obviously going on here, with the sheer volume of threads and reports on potential abuse, and other issues I saw while researching this. You full well know I used to play on Colony quite a bit, and I considered you a friend which is why I did not personally bash you or your server in any way. I shared my simple opinion that was not full of conjecture, or unfleshed out thoughts.. it was full of research and at the time I genuinely felt bad for all parties involved. But your right, ignore me, dont talk to me.. etc.. 1 by 1 anyone that would care about you, and your cause will not. Good luck.

You need to literally calm down Weyland, this is killing you.. 

p.s. enjoy my reddit post. :)

Edited by Irish.