exacomvm

DayZ Dev Team is lazy ?

55 minutes ago, scriptfactory said:
  1. What is the false dichotomy he presented?
  2. You can complain about taxes and not vote if there is no one to represent you. What you just posted was a false dichotomy; the idea that you have to vote to form valid complaints about taxes.

The false dichotomy was the assertion that there are only two ways to participate: casually interested and hyper-involved to the point of illness.  There was a great exaggeration to the level of participation required between playing the game and having informed opinions, to his extreme scenario.
It was suggested that the alternative to casual interest is criminal obsession; which is a ridiculous hyperbole.  It's as if I were to say not caring to read up on a subject of interest was on the same level as book-burning.  They are the most extreme opposites.
"check and follow every status updates by devs, every single forum post and so on, and do it for 100 years till the game is developed."  It's a bit facetious, I know; but it represents an all-or-nothing approach to informing oneself about development.

As for voting and relevance to the weight of one's opinion:  It is expected that one should take the first immediate steps to help oneself in a matter before a grievance can carry any meaning.  In relation to DayZ, there are a number of people who never submitted a bug report after thousands of hours playing, but have very harsh criticisms of both the state of the game, and the manner in which it has progressed.  Refusing to be bothered to give their feedback through the facilitated channels, does erode the credibility of the complaints; if you have the means to gripe, you have the means to help.

Much in the same way that not reading the instructions can void a warranty, there is a minimum level of understanding required to make a valid complaint about pretty-much anything.  Knowing where you are and what you are doing is a crucial first condition.
Walking into a wine cellar and complaining that it is too dark and chilly, is a good example of such.  Complaining that they should put in more lights and turn up the heat, is something I could safely call an objectively invalid opinion in that situation.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Bigglesworths said:

Unfortunatelly it is already a dead game,
and about their laziness, man just look at their github repo:

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ

They don't even use markdown properly and that's the first thing you see there. And im not event talking about the rest of the code...

Plus a dude tried fixing it and got denied by the devs.

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

The false dichotomy was the assertion that there are only two ways to participate: casually interested and hyper-involved to the point of illness.  There was a great exaggeration to the level of participation required between playing the game and having informed opinions, to his extreme scenario.
It was suggested that the alternative to casual interest is criminal obsession; which is a ridiculous hyperbole. 

Yes it was ridiculous hyperbole, because it was humour. And yes it is totally understandable that things aren't black and white strictly, and there are more and less interested people, more and less devoted and involved.... It doesn't change anything. If three million copies of this game has been sold soon after the early release of the game, and we only have a few posts in this subforum per day, what does it say ? And this - http://steamcharts.com/app/221100 ?

How many people are expected to read status reports, study them ? How many are expected to go further into a detail to "gather knowledge" about development ?

It has to be accepted that the majority just want it asap, and just to play it. And "asap" is already long ago, and all is left is "someday".

Eventually one dude or another, maybe some girl out of those three million people who bought the game in early days and isn't playing anymore will eventually get nostalgic about fun they had in DayZ which they hasn't anymore, and try to think, why the hell it is only 0.62 if it was 0.55 few years ago ? 

And then one will decide to share the frustration here, by creating a thread. And will say "something is wrong". And then some fans will jump on and will say that he has no right to say so, he has not enough knowledge about development and so on....

And at the end it is obvious anyway - numbers are low, and development is slow. 

Also the game (since new renderer) is not as fun as it used to be in earlier versions, but thats just my opinion. I'd expect the game getting more and more entertaining in higher in higher iterations, but I guess thats not the case. 

Frustration is real. And now I will get blamed that I wasn't playing enough lately lol

It's mostly just a matter of whether those players create threads asking reasonable questions, or making wild accusations.  If someone wants information, there are plenty of folks willing to give them direct answers to good questions.

This largely depends on how someone approaches the situation.

If you have a question about the quality or function of a product, you will likely get helpful information to resolve the issue.  If you have a screaming rant about how the product is shit and the company is robbing you, you might not get very warm response.

Refer back to the title of this thread to understand my point.

• Like 1

After dealing with players as an admin, I'll just say whiners be whiners.. but we need to embrace them for the sake of the game, grievers feed on them as they cry the loudest!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Bigglesworths said:

Unfortunatelly it is already a dead game,
and about their laziness, man just look at their github repo:

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ

They don't even use markdown properly and that's the first thing you see there. And im not event talking about the rest of the code...

Wrong forum section and topic. This is about the standalone but you are talking about the Arma 2 mod. Also different dev team.

On 22.7.2017 at 6:16 AM, scriptfactory said:

I don't think it is pathetic. People complain about other games that have been in "early access" for a while. People can complain. I believe the way we attack them when they are just trying to air their frustrations is pathetic. We could be more compassionate towards them.

OP is complaning about dayz development taking too long and suggests its because the dayz devteam are lazy.

That is pathetic

@OP

See OP, the reason why DayZ is dying, and taking ages to progress from a, "Early Access" or "Alpha Stage" game, is the vast amount of excuses that White Knights and Chest-Thumping "IT'S ALPHHURRR" smucks are pumping out. If I was a developer of a game, working at a company, and seen people excusing the crawl-speed rate of development of the game I was working on, I wouldn't care to try either. They have their money, we all bought into the, "Zombie Craze Survival Game" hype these past years. A game that was flourishing, wildly popular and you would see several if not more, FULL/High/Medium servers, are now, one or two High/Medium servers.

And I get wanting to defend a game, either be it from loyalty, admiration, finding it a fun game and wanting it to continue being fun, ect. But there comes a time, when you have to remove those rose-tinted glasses, and see it for what it really is, DEADz Standforeveralone.

Edited by comikz

Yes dayz is dead is the sense that the game play will never be the same as it was in the past. dayz is being reborn as you morn over what you think dayz should be. your not kidding anyone you want the game to be as you want it to be. you have no idea of what the new dayz standalone game play will be like from .63 on. i do hope you remember to eat the words you typed then.

1 hour ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Yes dayz is dead is the sense that the game play will never be the same as it was in the past. dayz is being reborn as you morn over what you think dayz should be. your not kidding anyone you want the game to be as you want it to be. you have no idea of what the new dayz standalone game play will be like from .63 on. i do hope you remember to eat the words you typed then.

meh, they could sit back and not do another thing to it as long as they just released server files and Id be fine with it.

I dont think this thread serves any real purpose other than to stir up emotions.

So for that reason I shall close this as it's becoming...

• Like 4